9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Evening everybody,

Here's the situation, I'm from morocco and I just got an offer to work in the Walt Disney world resort of orlando for a year as a cultural ambassador, the program starts on February, and the next step for me now is to apply for a Q-1 visa.

In my current passport I have 3 European visas, I've been in spain a couple of times. but I also have as stamp from the uk ambassy that says "UK Border" because I've got declined. And now I'm afraid that my application for the Q-1 visa will be refused because of that. In the refusal letter of the uk visa it says that I mentioned in the application form that I intend to spend an amount that is 7 times my salary ( I had a low salary, but the amount I mentioned I had it in my current account cause I was saving for the trip), and also I was stupid to show a saving account that contains a considerable amount of money that my mother put there for my plans of studies abroad...I thought that it will show that I won't have any financial problem or whatsoever, but they took it as an attempt to stay longer than I stated. anyway that was a total deception.

Now I don't know if I should give them the refusal letter from uk consulate or not, If you have any advice you can give me I'll be very thankful

regards

It shouldn't have any bearing on anything.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

It shouldn't have any bearing on anything.

You think? cause right after that, I applied for a visa to go to spain and it was gonna be refused because of that. If it wasn't for an acquaintance that intervened I wouldn't have got it. they asked for the refusal letter translated in spanish and everything. and then they gave me a 3 weeks visa with 1 entrance only ( it's sick )

When they see it in your passport it's possible they would ask, but with a reasonable explanation I doubt it will be a problem. And I'd be surprised if it even came up.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am still getting my head around cultural exchange and Disney.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I am still getting my head around cultural exchange and Disney.

Special visa to allow foreign nationals to work at their country's pavillion in Epcot and similar Disney attractions...sharing their local culture, customs, etc. It actually is more of a cultural exchange than most of the J1 visas that are supposedly also for cultural exchange (summer work program, au pair program, etc.).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quick google suggest more likely to be just a source of cheap labour.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Quick google suggest more likely to be just a source of cheap labour.

oh, you cynic, you! But you're right...it's that, too! I was just giving the party line from when the visa was "invented". Always been interesting to me that it's the only corporation that has a specific visa to use for temporary foreign workers.

Timeline

ALso I have to prove in the visa interview that I'm going to come back after the cultural exchange program, and I don't know how to do that, I don't have a business in my name and I don't own any property, so... all I can say is that I'm coming back to continue my carreer :s

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.