lala64

K1 VISA.. Timeframe at NVC.. please help

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I have posted this a few times. This is for the K1-ers I received my case number June 10 about 12 days now. I noticed most petitions go out soon after they receive the case number but mine is still there. What could be the reason they are not sending it right away to the embassy. Anyone ever waited this long for their petition to be sent? is the Visa issue impacting the NVC for cases to be transferred too? what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I should be concerned? My petition expires Sept 30th and I am afraid that we wont have enough time to gather all the documents specifically needed per their packet 3. let me know what I should do. I call and it does not show shipped yet.

Timeline

Your timeline says you already received packet 3??

Yes,

I emailed Kingston with my case number and they were kind enough to send me a sample of the packet 3 that would be sent if they received my case but my case has not arrived. But that is not my question. I am questioning the time it is taking for them to send it to the embassy. If anyone has experienced a delay and how much time should I wait before trying to take further action as my petition will expire Sept 30th. I can not schedule the interviews Dr appointments etc until the embassy received the petition.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It can take up to 30 days. You have plenty of time yet. Last year I think if I remember correctly there were delays even longer. If your petition expiration date nears you can ask the embassy for an extension but I highly doubt that will be necessary.

Do your best to relax. It will arrive at the embassy soon.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

It can take up to 30 days. You have plenty of time yet. If your petition expiration date nears you can ask the embassy for an extension but I highly doubt that will be necessary.

Do your best to relax. It will arrive at the embassy soon.

LOL.@ Relax.. I haven't don't that since I started this. Ok well when I see peoples petitions leaving 2-5 days after they get their numbers then I start tripping. thanks for the positive feedback! :) I will try to relax now.

Yeah, I know your question was different, but the timeline didn't match.

There has been problems with ceac.gov and a serious glitch in the system, like you said. I know spousal visas cannot use ceac.gov so well for several weeks now. K-1's normally leave NVC really quickly; have you called to ask about the delay?

You can play around with the DHL tracking website to see if there has been any shipments from NVC to the Jamaican embassy. If you think it was sent on June 15th, you use tracking reference "EXP 15 JUN 2015" - or I think that's right. I can double check when I get home if you'd like me to.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL.@ Relax.. I haven't don't that since I started this. Ok well when I see peoples petitions leaving 2-5 days after they get their numbers then I start tripping. thanks for the positive feedback! :) I will try to relax now.

That's the thing about this, everyone's journey is different! It took a couple weeks for mine to leave NVC and arrive in JA.

Timeline

Yeah, I know your question was different, but the timeline didn't match.

There has been problems with ceac.gov and a serious glitch in the system, like you said. I know spousal visas cannot use ceac.gov so well for several weeks now. K-1's normally leave NVC really quickly; have you called to ask about the delay?

You can play around with the DHL tracking website to see if there has been any shipments from NVC to the Jamaican embassy. If you think it was sent on June 15th, you use tracking reference "EXP 15 JUN 2015" - or I think that's right. I can double check when I get home if you'd like me to.

Yes please. However I did call and they don't show It in their system as shipped and say that there is no timeframe for shipping. Last time I checked DHL it shows only a shipment to Jamaica on June 10 and that was the last one. I think. If you find something different. Please share. Once they (NVC) ships how do they notify you? BTW I took the packet 3 off my timeline because it is misleading I see :)

Timeline

Yes please. However I did call and they don't show It in their system as shipped and say that there is no timeframe for shipping. Last time I checked DHL it shows only a shipment to Jamaica on June 10 and that was the last one. I think. If you find something different. Please share. Once they (NVC) ships how do they notify you? BTW I took the packet 3 off my timeline because it is misleading I see :)

I see some documents were received in Kingston on June 16th but I called today and they don't show in the system as shipped. So no need in checking. I have no idea why my documents have not been shipped even though they show a shipment that left on June 16th. Weird.

Once they (NVC) ships how do they notify you?

I never received a notification, I just checked my ceac.gov like crazy. It updated for me in the late evening time - seemed to be after 8:30 PM CST for me. It said "In Transit" and then "Ready" (included in my signature), but I never called the NVC after getting my case number. I know it seemed to take a long time to be able to pull up my ceac after I got the case number, but the updates were pretty accurate.

I know it's frustrating to be without information! We waited about three weeks before we heard anything from the embassy, and that was after we sent a few emails to them. They had even said they didn't receive our case! That's when I used the DHL tracking thing. The embassy explained in the next email that it takes six weeks for them to process the petition after it gets to the embassy. But my point here is that just stay on top of it. Everything may be working smoothly, you just don't see it yet.

I really hope you get information soon. I've heard word that people are starting to get their visas again, so the glitch may be fixed soon. The NVC may have been holding them while waiting, or yours may be the one that has been sent? It sounds like you looked it up properly on the DHL site. Please keep us updated - I hope it's good news for you!

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

So I have posted this a few times. This is for the K1-ers I received my case number June 10 about 12 days now. I noticed most petitions go out soon after they receive the case number but mine is still there. What could be the reason they are not sending it right away to the embassy. Anyone ever waited this long for their petition to be sent? is the Visa issue impacting the NVC for cases to be transferred too? what is a reasonable amount of time to wait before I should be concerned? My petition expires Sept 30th and I am afraid that we wont have enough time to gather all the documents specifically needed per their packet 3. let me know what I should do. I call and it does not show shipped yet.

You have said in a couple of other posts that you are in AP. Have you been told this when you have called ? If you have, then that explains the wait.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Our case took about a month to be processed from noa2 until my embassy got it. Nvc can be slow.

Oh Ok this is a relief. I always think the worst. but now that I know someone else has gone through it I can relax. A little lol. thanks for sharing that with me.

What is the Link to check my status as NVC and the process. What number do I use receipt or case number?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Use the DoS (NVC) case number - the one beginning with the first three letters representing your embassy.

Use the last link - Immigrant - Check my Application Status

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.