Dean_De

Tourist Visa Question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

How do you know when your tourist visa is approved? Do they tell you right at the interview if your denied or if they take your passport does that mean you are approved? I am asking because, my sister from the Philippines just had her interview for the tourist visa at the US Embassy in Manila yesterday and they took her passport.

She is the ones bringing my our two minor children and according to our conversation, the interview went pretty much easy, just for insight about what was asked here were the questions:

1. Purpose of the trip: She told straight up she is bringing my 2 minor children and she hand the US consul the letter signed by my husband who is the petitioner explaining why we can not pick up the children. Attached with the letter was his employment letter, recent paystub, and we included the tax transcript. She aid she looked through the paper and read it page by page.

2. Age of children and why can't they travel alone. ( She told the consul that they have no previous travel experience )

3. Is she working, what was her work ( The consul did not even ask documentation about her work )

4. Was she married, any children

5. When did we last visited

Those were only the question asked and the interview did not took long. They took her passport. So now we are wondering that if it means her visa was approved.

Is there anyway to check online the status of the tourist visa?

Thanks,

Dhel

Edited by Dean_De

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is a little odd that they did not tell her or give her a piece of paper stating she is approved, but the fact that they kept her passport is a very good sign.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is a little odd that they did not tell her or give her a piece of paper stating she is approved, but the fact that they kept her passport is a very good sign.

Hi Penguin_ie

What piece of paper is it? Who give the piece of paper? I will ask her if she got any piece of paper from the consul

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Usually they give you a paper saying either you are approved, or denied, or that they still need something with a little tick of what you need such as passport photos or documents etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's an NIV section for passport transit status up at ustraveldocs.com/ph but you need to using a pc to see it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes it's approved because if not, they would just stamp any of the pages of the PP with a date (which is denial). She will receive her PP in the mail with the visa attached. Congrats.

(Unless the changed their policy, the same happened to me when I got my B1/B2 visa before)

Yes it's approved because if not, they would just stamp any of the pages of the PP with a date (which is denial). She will receive her PP in the mail with the visa attached. Congrats.

(Unless the changed their policy, the same happened to me when I got my B1/B2 visa before)

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

HI,

If they kept her passport, she should normally be granted with the visa. I guess that if there was some issues during the interview they would have tell her immediately.

lets cross fingers :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Usually they give you a paper saying either you are approved, or denied, or that they still need something with a little tick of what you need such as passport photos or documents etc.

I have never seen them give a piece of paper out to indicate approval or deny in Manila

I have been in the interview area on 3 different times in the last few years, and now all the interviews are basically done in the open.

No paper slip indicating approval or denial, and I watched/listened to about dozen Tourist Visa interview in November....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.