dalipkapoor

NVC Lost my letter 3 times

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am a US Citizen and I filed for my parents GC.

I received a letter from NVC stating that I need to submit my mother’s Birth Certificate. I send a letter explaining that because my mother was born prior to 1970; the reporting of births was voluntary. Her birth was not registered due to which her Birth Certificate is unavailable. The authorities did not have sufficient information therefore, they were not able to issue a birth certificate and a certificate of non-availability is generally available if the individual was born after April 1, 1970 (As per the NVC Website).

They misplaced the letter three times and now they want me to send the letter again explaining everything to Attn: PI Supervisor. They have already approved my Father’s case.

Please can anyone suggest me what to do. Can anybody share their experience if they had the same issue.

Thank you.

Edited by dalipkapoor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest, strongly,

that you do what was suggested , ie

send an email with a file attachment to PI Supervisor..

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the "Bringing Family Members of US Citizens" forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC did the same with us. My parents were asked twice to send the documents which we had already sent but according to NVC those were missing. It was so annoying. We called NVC to explain and we were told that the case would be put for supervisor review which will take 42 days. Rediculous !!!!. sent the documents again instead. NVC is terrible. They dont respond emails and getting through telephone is so hard. Even if you succeed to talk it is of no help as the person at the other end would repeat the same what they had communicated already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Kausar for sharing your case. So was there any outcome or is it still pending? I am thinking of taking it further. I just spoke to the Senator office and they said they can help me and wants all the information.

Keep me posted with the updates.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks Kausar for sharing your case. So was there any outcome or is it still pending? I am thinking of taking it further. I just spoke to the Senator office and they said they can help me and wants all the information.

Keep me posted with the updates.

Interview scheduled finally . Documents re-sent on 5th of May and interview email dtd 11th june reached inbox on 14th of June.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.