Mike&Dang

Thai wife here 18 mo. now wants to bring young children to usa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wife arrived 11-2013 with K-1, married 12-13, She has 15 & soon to be 18 year old daughters in Thai. Can they get the Visa and green cards started while in Thailand and come over in the future for their summer breaks from school and university?

There names were included on original K-1 visa and decided to finish high school in Thailand with their classmates.

Thank you, Mike and Dang

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you missed the window for a K-2 follow to join (it's a year from K-1 interview date)

so

file an I-130 now (you, the uscitizen) on each human to come over.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds to me like they just want to visit?

If you do the i130 route it will be for living permanently in the US. If they want to stay in Thailand and study for a year or more, they should apply for re-entry permits before hopping on the plane so they won't lose their LPR status. Re-entry permits are valid for a maximum of 2 years.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wife arrived 11-2013 with K-1, married 12-13, She has 15 & soon to be 18 year old daughters in Thai. Can they get the Visa and green cards started while in Thailand and come over in the future for their summer breaks from school and university?

There names were included on original K-1 visa and decided to finish high school in Thailand with their classmates.

Thank you, Mike and Dang

Because of what Darnell has explained they will now require petitions ( 130 ) for visas which can be filed at any time.

From what I see here it seems they just want to visit so would be seeking B 2 type visas. This will be almost impossible to obtain but I do know of a few people in that same situation that did get 10 year tourist visas.

The only way to know if they could get a B 2 would be for at least one to apply. Two kids that age going to see Mom will probably require a letter from the bio father at least. Check with embassy to find out about this aspect first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.