nhavo

RFE on I-864, Please Help!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello every one,

I received a "yellow" RFE on Friday. the letter asks for:

1. The petitioner on Form I-864 must submit a complete Federal Income Tax return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year

2. The petitioner income on Federal Income tax return under U.S. tax law return does not meet or Exceed 125% of the poverty guideline. The petitioner lists their current income on Form I-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient. However, no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income. Such evidence includes: letter of employment, pay stubs for the previous 6 months

3.Submit all supporting tax documentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent year

4. Base on the documents submitted with Form I-864, for the petitioner, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline. submit evidence of assets or joint sponsor

Can anyone help me? what are they asking for? I don't know what they ask for. it seems like they're asking the same question to me.

In the original I-864, we included the tax return transcript for 2011, 2012, 2013, and the letter saying that my husband filed the extension for 2014 tax return. does he have to file the tax return for this year in order for my case to process? Can he file with form W-7 now? ( I'm an F-1 student). We did not send the letter of employment because we thought that since he's working for the gov, they can access to his profile. Also, his income was at least $80,000 since 2011, I don't know how that's not exceed the poverty guideline for household of 2. Is it because we didn't show evidence for his income. If we prove his current income, do we still have to find somebody to joint sponsor? the letter says that I have to submit all of the information that they request.

I'm really worried right now. Please let me know if you have any information about these kind of things. I really appreciate your help.

P.S. I was out of status in April 16 and We filed I-485, and I-130 two weeks after that. Do you think it'll affect our case?

Hello every one,

I received a "yellow" RFE on Friday. the letter asks for:

1. The petitioner on Form I-864 must submit a complete Federal Income Tax return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service for the most recent tax year Provide the 2014 tax transcript or full tax return with all schedules and w-2's

2. The petitioner income on Federal Income tax return under U.S. tax law return does not meet or Exceed 125% of the poverty guideline. The petitioner lists their current income on Form I-864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient. However, no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income. Such evidence includes: letter of employment, pay stubs for the previous 6 months Provide the info they are requesting.

3.Submit all supporting tax documentation submitted to the IRS for the most recent year Send in the 2014 tax return.

4. Base on the documents submitted with Form I-864, for the petitioner, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty guideline. submit evidence of assets or joint sponsor This will be null and void if you provide the above documents.

Can anyone help me? what are they asking for? I don't know what they ask for. it seems like they're asking the same question to me.

In the original I-864, we included the tax return transcript for 2011, 2012, 2013, and the letter saying that my husband filed the extension for 2014 tax return. does he have to file the tax return for this year in order for my case to process? Yes he needs to file they want the 2014 tax return. Can he file with form W-7 now? ( I'm an F-1 student). We did not send the letter of employment because we thought that since he's working for the gov, they can access to his profile. Also, his income was at least $80,000 since 2011,They need the letter of employment and all other documentation. They dont look things up the go by the evidence that you submit. I don't know how that's not exceed the poverty guideline for household of 2. Is it because we didn't show evidence for his income.Yes with out current evidence. IE the tax return and the letters of employemnt. I have a similar RFE for our AOS. and had to provide that info. Once we provided all that they asked for the processed it. If we prove his current income, do we still have to find somebody to joint sponsor? the letter says that I have to submit all of the information that they request.If you meet the guidelines and submit all the things they are asking for you should not need a sponsor.

I'm really worried right now. Please let me know if you have any information about these kind of things. I really appreciate your help.

P.S. I was out of status in April 16 and We filed I-485, and I-130 two weeks after that. Do you think it'll affect our case?

Edited by G Walters

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You failed to read (and follow) the form instructions. Now you are experiencing delays and stress.

G Walters gave you good point by point feedback.

When you supply the needed information the I-864 problem ought to be solved.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I received the same letter on Friday. Looks like I failed to add my wife's full federal tax return.

Just to be safe, would a W-2 and 1040 for 2014 qualify as the 'full 2014 federal tax return' they asking for?

Thanks,

Kasper

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received the same letter on Friday. Looks like I failed to add my wife's full federal tax return.

Just to be safe, would a W-2 and 1040 for 2014 qualify as the 'full 2014 federal tax return' they asking for?

Thanks,

Kasper

You need a complete copy of the return with all forms, attachments, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s, OR an IRS tax return transcript, available from the IRS for free.

OP> It seems they are not accepting the extension letter. They want the most recent tax return, which is 2014, and want proof of the income. They do not go looking for your income proof. You must supply it to them: letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs will do. Can the taxes not be filed now so you can satisfy the RFE?

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas -OP adjusting from F-1~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I had same issue, my husband got extension for taxes but we got RFE for the last year he got the extension for. What we did, is printed out our bank account statements for the whole year I think to show he makes enough money and we sent letter and explained why he didnt file taxes and they accepted. But my husband is in military, I dont know if that helped us or not.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you everyone for helping me. I've got a lot of helpful information. I'm gonna send in the tax return this year, and the tax return transcript from the previous 2 years, letter of employment, some pay stubs and bank statements for the last 12 months. We don't have pay stubs from the last 6 months so I don't know how to get those.

Do you think I should write a letter explain to them about the information we provide? or just cover letter is enough?

I'll send the response next week and pray that the case will be continued. It's scary to know that you only have one chance to do it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.