7 posts in this topic

Hi...my fiance and I filed our 129f back in January, and we are waiting for approval within the TSC as many others are...I just wanted to reach out to see if there are any other gay or lesbian filers that are going through this process just for support. We are a gay couple, patiently waiting, and I know I could definitely use some words of wisdom and/or guidance. Thanks. :)

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

Welcome to the forum. There is a support thread in the general immigration discussion forum you may want to check out. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi...my fiance and I filed our 129f back in January, and we are waiting for approval within the TSC as many others are...I just wanted to reach out to see if there are any other gay or lesbian filers that are going through this process just for support. We are a gay couple, patiently waiting, and I know I could definitely use some words of wisdom and/or guidance. Thanks. :)

We are LGBT filers too!! Waiting for our noa 2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good to know there are other LGBT folk who are going through the same process.

As for the actual process, there is absolutely no difference in how things are done. I was approved about 2 weeks back, and am traveling to be with my fiancé this weekend. :)

I live in India, and homosexuality is a criminal offense here. We were worried if I would face some sort of discrimination at the embassy due to this, but nothing of the sort happened. Embassy employees are trained in US immigration laws - there is nothing to be worried about. I was obviously very stressed during the interview, but the consular officer asked me to "Relax and smile". :)

Times are changing, and there is no way but forward. :)

Good Luck to all filers.

Let me know if you need help with the K1 process. I'll start a thread with my experience when I get to the US (including POE etc)… :)

:energy:

July 2012 - met through a dating app

Jan 2013 - Officially started dating. Moved in together

Oct 2013 - Because of VISA issues, I move back to India

Jan 2015 - John visits me in India. Engaged!

K1 timeline

I-129 Petition filed : March 5th 2015

I-129 NOA1 : March 12th 2015 (File sent to CSC )

I-129 NOA2 : April 6th 2015

NVC Recieved : April 23rd 2015 (got case number by calling NVC)

NVC Left : April 24th 2015 (according to CEAC status tracker - https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx)

Consulate Recd : May 4th 2015

Biometrics Appointment (Mumbai VAC) : May 21st 2015

Interview Date (Mumbai CAC) : May 22nd 2015

VISA approval date: May 22nd 2015

Travel Date : 13th June 2015

POE Date: 14th June 2015 (Abu Dhabi)

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent : July 1st 2015

USCIS NOA1 : July 6th 2015

Job Offer: Aug 12th 2015

USCIS Expedite Request for EAD : Aug 17th 2015

Submitted Proof for Expedite : Aug 19th 2015

Called Senator for Expedite help: Aug 20th 2014

I-765 Approved: Aug 24th 2015

I-765 Mailed: Aug 27th 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi Friend,

My fiance and I were just approved (NOA2) about 3 weeks ago. It was also at the Texas Service Center and we underwent a traumatic wait that was nearly 7 months. Now we see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is no reason to worry. As long as your relationship is legitimate, you should be approved quite soon, and hopefully TSC is working even faster now...The sexual orientation things is a non-issue and we are very lucky for that.

The only negative experience we had, besides the extreme amount of incompetence among the USCIS employees was one Immigration Officer Supervisor who told us that as a same sex couple we are not eligible for the visa, which is NOT true, and we called her out about it, and then she screamed at me and hung up. It was really terrible, but don't let the people you speak to on the phone get you worried. Just keep checking visa journey and make sure it's not taking so long.

I promise it will all be worth it in the end.

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys :) 

My name is Em and we are also a lgbt couple. Don't worry about anything because we have the same rights as the straight people have.  

We just got married last June 9, 2017 :) 

just let me know if you have any questions ok? 

We are in the process of completing our packet for my AOS and will submit it the end of this week. :) 

Goodluck to everyone! :)

10/27/16 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
11/01/16 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX
10/31/16 - NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/04/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
01/13/17- NOA2 Text and Email  **wohhoooo 76 days**
01/20/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/27/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
02/07/17 - Medical ( Passed!!!!)
02/23/17 - Interview (APPPRRROOOOVVEEDDDDD)
02/24/17 - Visa Issued

02/28/2017 - Visa in Hand =)

04/03/2017 - Pick up our doggy passport for our fur child
04/06/2017 - Arrived in USA!!!

04/24/2017 - Applied for SSN

04/28/2017 - SSN arrived, got a state ID card and opened bank account

06/05/2017 - Passed the DMV test! Yey I can drive. 

06/09/2017- Our Wedding 

06/30/2017 - Submitted our AOS packet 

07/05/2017- Check got encashed and notification that they received our packet 

07/11/2017 - received a text and email for NOA1 

07/17/2017 - hard copy of NOA 1 received in the mail for (EAD, AP and AOS)

08/04/2017 - biometrics scheduled 

08/14/2017 - received update that they are ready to schedule the interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.