kabass

HELP I864 Joint Sponsor

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello,

I'm so confused about I864.

My husband is student and has no income, so his mother filed I864 and other finacial evidences for me. (Her income is enough for the requirement.)

But it turned out that he also needed to file I864.

How should he fileI864??

Does he need any other documents but I864???

And, if he needs to file I864, at Part 1 question, which one should he choose??

1a,I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative

1b,I filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my

1cI have an ownership interest of at least 5 percent in---which filed an alien worker petition on behalf of the intending immigrant, who is related to me as my----

1d,I am the only joint sponsor

1e,I am the first second of two joint sponsors.

1f,The original petitioner is deceased. I am the substitute sponsor. I am the intending immigrant's

Thanks!!

Timeline

Also a question at Part3 Information on the Immigrant(s) You Are Sponsoring.

1,I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2.

should he choose "NO"???

It says thatNo (Applicable only in cases with two joint sponsors), but his mother is the only one joint sponsor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Also a question at Part3 Information on the Immigrant(s) You Are Sponsoring.

1,I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2.

should he choose "NO"???

It says thatNo (Applicable only in cases with two joint sponsors), but his mother is the only one joint sponsor...

will be 1a and he is the sponsor you are the immigrant he is sponsoring you so he would put yes him and his mother are both sponsoring you . Mother co sponsor of course, and like I mentioned in your other post if he's not working and has not filed taxes for the year just have him hand write a letter sign/date saying why he didn't file taxes such as "I did not file taxes for the years blah blah because I was unemployed and a student" for example that's it . Good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Haha no problem I was the sponsor for my husband and I'm a student unemployed same as your husband so I know how it had to be filled out .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

I have a question again. If you could help, that will be so nice.

Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment

(continued)

My total income (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years was:

Although he is not working now and has no icome, if he had worked in the past, 2012 and 2013, would he need to file 2012 and 2013's IRS tax transcripts???

or just leave it blank and submit the statement explaining why no income???

Edited by kabass

I have a question again. If you could help, that will be so nice.

Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment

(continued)

My total income (adjusted gross income on IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my Federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years was:

Although he is not working now and has no icome, if he had worked in the past, 2012 and 2013, would he need to file 2012 and 2013's IRS tax transcripts???

or just leave it blank and submit the statement explaining why no income???

If he was not required to file then write not required to file and include a letter explaining why.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Good thing you wrote a letter stating why you had not filed taxes for the specific year. I am a stay at home mom/wife & we are in the process for my husband to immigrate. It was weird because I had not sent off my AOS because, my sponsors (also my parents), had sent off theirs & it was more than enough & I received a letter stating I needed to send a letter stating why I did not file taxes in 2014. I have since sent that letter but am hoping I do not get another asking for 2013 & 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.