Volta-Region

Wife went to her interview in accra ghana and receive form 221g

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It says her documents lacked specific evidence to make a final conclusion and was told to bring the requested documents on jun 22. I have some questions.

We have two children together who were born in Ghana and both of them have received their birth abroad and are American citizen and have American passport. She presented them with these evidence. But They Are requesting for more photos, communication history, chat record, emails, and phone call records. Each one of our child required an interview before they were granted natural born American citizens so I don't know why they are giving her a hard time now. Can they deny my wife who has two American citizen children a visa? If so, on what basis?

They also said I need to do another i864, so I'm using a joint sponsor who's makes well more than enough. But what happens if they are still not satisfied with my i864?

She said that the officer who interviewed her was so rude and looked unhappy. Her initials are KM. Is it common for the accra embassy to request for more evidence? I've been reading a lot of interview experience on this forum and it seems like most people get the 221g on their first interview.

I need someone who is a Little knowledgeable to answer these questions because I am a little concerned. Thank you.

Edited by Volta-Region

Timeline

What other evidence did u bring other than info on children?

Pictures of our wedding, engagement, doing normal things. Pictures of all of us together with the family. Pics of her with my family. Land documents in Ghana with both of our names. The only thing I didn't add are the communication records like chat phone calls.

Timeline

That lady with the KM intials is very rude and she denied our k1 visa last month and we got married that same week and coming to file for spouse visa and is not easy to get approval from her. Pls l will help u with prayers so that she will not go to her again for the second interview. That lady treated me like an animal on my interview days. Wish well

Timeline

5/19/2015. I was denied for a visa on that date when I was asked to bring evidence of my relationship with my fiancé. And I was still denied on my second interview when I brought what I was asked to bring and I would like to know the reason why. the CO would not explain it to me. The CO initials were KM She collected all the evidence she asked us to come with and did not even looked at it,we spend the 4hours at the embassy and later called us and threw all our evidence into My face like I was a dog and said she can't give the visa to me because she sees our relationship not real. We got married the next day because We love each other and wanted to be together. And I would appreciate some information on why she felt our relationship was not real.

Timeline

So what other evidence does she need which is stronger than the children you have together? Just gather your communication records and present it at the next interview. By God's grace you will not have her interview your wife and it will be an approval in God's name ameen.when is your appointment?

Timeline

That consular is a mess! Since you are married they rarely denie the marriage visa, but they can make you sit and wait until they feel like giving the visa, it is best to pray that she gets a different consular so in the mean time print out a lot of your chats and phone records and have the sponsor paper work ready! Make sure everything is in order!

I have also went to my senator for help!

Timeline

I have heard nothing but bad things about the CO (KM). We go for our interview Monday and I can only pray we do not get her. There needs to be drastic changes at the Embassy in Accra. People are treated wrong and disrespected!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack post removed***

**Moderator hat off**

Can they deny my wife who has two American citizen children a visa? If so, on what basis?

They also said I need to do another i864, so I'm using a joint sponsor who's makes well more than enough. But what happens if they are still not satisfied with my i864?

Answers:

• Yes, a visa can be denied for a variety of reasons regardless of one's personal circumstances. If USCIS agreed with the reasons once they received the file back, you will see what those specific reasons are in a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR).
  • If they are still not satisfied with your I-864, they will simply demand another one.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.