New User 1000

Refused at US Consulate in Montreal

357 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will keep praying Stay encouraged. Will update when we get the Loomis pick up notice. My heart is happy but I wished everyone else received ISSUED today. It's just not right what has taken place at MTL. Hang in there everyone.

Timeline

Hi CandAm! I hope today is your special day.

New User 1000 it was. I was so busy today catering an event but thank you for your good wishes.Late this evening we saw ISSUED... I was beyond happy. Honestly though my happiness is tempered because while I don't know you or the others on this Canada/Montreal Forum I cant help but feel sad that there were no other updates today. It's just not right. Have you been able to make alternate living arrangements . I don't know if this made any difference but on Monday I reached out to my Congressman again and I highlighted that portion that sates MTL commits to reviewing all documents within 8 weeks. I also called NVC and relayed my concerns about the threatening tones of the communication from Montreal. I really hope that good news comes for you tomorrow.

Timeline

Does anyone know if the "8 week of processing" refers to work days? As in 60 days mon-fri, or to 8'weeks straight?

Hoping it's the latter.

Our lawyer advised us to not contact any congress people before the end of the processing time, but to make an appointment at the consulate with citizen services for my partner, so she will go in two weeks and hopefully get some answer as its in the same building... Who knows!

Keep us posted Idy and CandAm about any updates, as you've passed the 8 week

Crossing fingers for everyone to cross the border soon!

The 8 weeks is 8 weeks calender.. I had contacted my Congresman in early July after we had been stuck on READY for 30 Days and just receiving hostile emails from MTL.They sent my Congressman a "nice" letter and that was the letter where they wrote that they are committed to reviewing all documents within 8 weeks. So on Monday I sent my Congressman another letter. I relayed my perception that unless he got involved my hubby' s file was not touched. I copied and pasted that paragraph in my letter .I also called NVC and VOICED my concerns about MTL and how fearful we are to try to get answers. I don't know if any of that played a role or if it's just time. We may never know. Anyway I am praying you and the others get that ISSUED soon.

Timeline

I will keep praying Stay encouraged. Will update when we get the Loomis pick up notice. My heart is happy but I wished everyone else received ISSUED today. It's just not right what has taken place at MTL. Hang in there everyone.

CONGRATS!!!

That's awesome. I think it's time to contact our congresspeople.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hooray! I am SOOOOO happy for you!! Now be forewarned that, for us, it took from Issued 7/21 to 7/27 to actually get them.

Just when we thought we were home free, we got totally screwed again!!! This time by Loomis. The guy we spoke to said it was on the manifest so we rejoiced in happiness. We were told that every day Montreal ships to Toronto. Except on Tuesday, the SHIPMENT WAS LOST!!! We showed up Tuesday monrning at 9am just as we were instructed, and the guy said our passports were still in Montreal. We both almost vomited simultaneously!

We went back to the hotel and asked to check back in, so another night to wait. Then at 2pm Loomis called and said the passports went to Brampton and they could get them to Markham the next day or we could pick them up in Brampton.. So make note that if you don't hear, then contact them.

No brainer.. we grabbed our bags and cat and fought rush hour traffic getting to Brampton at 5PM.. Then slogged to the border in miserable traffic..

The border crossing in Buffalo wasn't too bad. Took about an hour and small scare when we were told my fiance's car may not be imported because the K1 is Non-immigrant. Then he came back and said it was okay..

For any of you importing cars, it is really confusing. First, both our Honda CRV and Ford F150 were made in the US. Despite that we had to have letters they had no recalls. The Border Officer wanted the letter from the Canadian manufacturer. We had called both and were referred to the dealer we got our cars from. The border officer didn't want to accept letters from the dealer, but we pleaded that neither Ford, nor Honda corporate provides the letters, but were referred to the dealers. Bit of confusion, but they ultimately allowed us to import them. Word of advice is to get any recalls completed and any letter you can get either form the company or the dealer.

Took us 3 days and 2 nights in hotels, but we're now happily home in Fort Lauderdale. Kinda surreal after months of stress and hardship. We're still walking around in disbelief that we're not just visiting and we're here permanently.

My sincere wishes to you. I hope you're all US bound soon!

Andy and Vanda

Timeline

Hi Andy and Vanda,

I am so glad that you are in the US and finally out of that hotel room. Congratulations once again and enjoy!!! You deserve it. Thank you for listening to so much of my vent :).

Timeline

Hooray! I am SOOOOO happy for you!! Now be forewarned that, for us, it took from Issued 7/21 to 7/27 to actually get them.

Just when we thought we were home free, we got totally screwed again!!! This time by Loomis. The guy we spoke to said it was on the manifest so we rejoiced in happiness. We were told that every day Montreal ships to Toronto. Except on Tuesday, the SHIPMENT WAS LOST!!! We showed up Tuesday monrning at 9am just as we were instructed, and the guy said our passports were still in Montreal. We both almost vomited simultaneously!

We went back to the hotel and asked to check back in, so another night to wait. Then at 2pm Loomis called and said the passports went to Brampton and they could get them to Markham the next day or we could pick them up in Brampton.. So make note that if you don't hear, then contact them.

No brainer.. we grabbed our bags and cat and fought rush hour traffic getting to Brampton at 5PM.. Then slogged to the border in miserable traffic..

The border crossing in Buffalo wasn't too bad. Took about an hour and small scare when we were told my fiance's car may not be imported because the K1 is Non-immigrant. Then he came back and said it was okay..

For any of you importing cars, it is really confusing. First, both our Honda CRV and Ford F150 were made in the US. Despite that we had to have letters they had no recalls. The Border Officer wanted the letter from the Canadian manufacturer. We had called both and were referred to the dealer we got our cars from. The border officer didn't want to accept letters from the dealer, but we pleaded that neither Ford, nor Honda corporate provides the letters, but were referred to the dealers. Bit of confusion, but they ultimately allowed us to import them. Word of advice is to get any recalls completed and any letter you can get either form the company or the dealer.

Took us 3 days and 2 nights in hotels, but we're now happily home in Fort Lauderdale. Kinda surreal after months of stress and hardship. We're still walking around in disbelief that we're not just visiting and we're here permanently.

My sincere wishes to you. I hope you're all US bound soon!

Andy and Vanda

So happy that you are finally Home. Congratulations

Timeline

So happy to see this update today !!! Let's see how long it takes to get the waybill

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued

Immigrant Visa Case Number: MTL xxxxxx

Case Creation Date: 19-Dec-2014

Status Updated Date: 30-Jul-2015

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_informationto track your courier waybill.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Edited by CandAm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ISSUED is AWESOME!!! So happy for you!! Just stay diligent if you don't get an email from Loomis. If anything happens contact Loomis. We spoke with Lloyd who is in charge of all government shipments. He's the one who called us back when our passports got lost and ended up in Brampton..

Safe travels!!

Timeline

ISSUED is AWESOME!!! So happy for you!! Just stay diligent if you don't get an email from Loomis. If anything happens contact Loomis. We spoke with Lloyd who is in charge of all government shipments. He's the one who called us back when our passports got lost and ended up in Brampton..

Safe travels!!

Andy& Vanda thank you. We will be all over this final step. My hubby had selected the Brampton location as his Loomis delivery sight.Good luck with the wedding plans. You guys are in my area... Fort Lauderdale :) so will wish you a glorious South Florida day.

Timeline

I am really happy for all those that got their visa issued this week. But it has been another week of disappoint for me. Monday is a holiday here in Canada so there goes. No status date or status changed :(. I can't feel angry anymore but just sad and disappointed this in entire process.

Timeline

I am really happy for all those that got their visa issued this week. But it has been another week of disappoint for me. Monday is a holiday here in Canada so there goes. No status date or status changed :(. I can't feel angry anymore but just sad and disappointed this in entire process.

Oh New User 1000" I am so disappointed and sad too. All day I have been just hoping to see an update of Issued for you. As hard as it is hang in there. Hopefully the new week will be your week to celebrate. You have been everyone's cheerleader even with all you have going on. Stay encouraged.Your big day is coming.

Timeline

Actually if you look on the consulate's website, the holiday is everywhere except Quebec :) Quebec gets an extra holiday Jan 2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.