New User 1000

Refused at US Consulate in Montreal

357 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you so much for all your encouragement!!! in the middle of all the disappointments of this process I feel very lucky of having share this final weeks with you all.

will keep you posted on my process

All the best to all of you, a lot of love and happiness!!! (L):)

Timeline

Hang in there " New user 1000 & Idy, . MTL looks like they are finally moving..Counting Andy&Vanda and myself plus some others we were all interviewed before or during that first week of May so you guys are getting close. Praying that this is your week.

Timeline

Hang in there " New user 1000 & Idy, . MTL looks like they are finally moving..Counting Andy&Vanda and myself plus some others we were all interviewed before or during that first week of May so you guys are getting close. Praying that this is your week.

Hi CandAm!!
Thank you for taking the time to stay in touch!! I guess you are very busy having everything ready for tomorrow!!! yyaaiiii!!!! so excited for you!!!! :joy:
I will let you know as soon as I hear any news ;-)) :)

Timeline

Thank you. I really appreciate everything and the support has been amazing. Enjoy the move and time together! My best wishes

Edited by New User 1000

Timeline

So my husband did an inquiry and we got a standard response that it was in consular review (after 8 weeks). He responded back to them saying that they have passed the standard processing time and demands what is going on. This is what they wrong back. How can they still blame the backlog while everyone else is getting their visa.........this just seems soooo ridiculous. I am sorry. I am really happy for those that are getting their visa but this is just unfair.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email!

Please note that due to worldwide system issues with our visa issuance in the past couple of weeks we are expiring a high backlog. Consular officers are working vigorously to reduce wait times for applicants. Please note that we will gladly contact you should further information be required on your behalf.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we review your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So my husband did an inquiry and we got a standard response that it was in consular review (after 8 weeks). He responded back to them saying that they have passed the standard processing time and demands what is going on. This is what they wrong back. How can they still blame the backlog while everyone else is getting their visa.........this just seems soooo ridiculous. I am sorry. I am really happy for those that are getting their visa but this is just unfair.

Good afternoon,

Please note that due to worldwide system issues with our visa issuance in the past couple of weeks we are expiring a high backlog. Consular officers are working vigorously to reduce wait times for applicants. Please note that we will gladly contact you should further information be required on your behalf.

"working vigorously"

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Good afternoon,

it's ridiculous!!! I will love to know what are they doing in there!!! :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Timeline

Quick update. My hubby is FINALLY home. Flight was over an hour delayed but it was the easiest part of this season of waiting and waiting that we have been through. Wishing you all that are still waiting especially "new user 1000" and "Idy Fdez" ISSUED status in the coming week. Thank you for the support.

Timeline

it's ridiculous!!! I will love to know what are they doing in there!!! :ranting::ranting::ranting:

oh my gosh. you should quote this email back to them on their facebook response that immigration visas weren't affected! Ours was sitting there for months!

Timeline

Good afternoon,

Hi!!

Have you heard anything else from MTL? today is my 90 day on AP. my congressman sent an email last monday, they haven't answered yet. I'm so desperate and furious at them!!! :protest:

Timeline

Hi Idy,

The congresswoman for us contacted the consulate and Montreal contacted me after that. Basically there is a flag in the CBP system under my name that makes me go through secondary screening. At the time of the interview, the consular officer told me that he is putting a request in the system for me to remove the flag but it shouldn't hold up the visa. After congresswoman contact with Montreal last week, we got a one liner email from Montreal saying "contact CBP regarding your overstay flag and contact us back" without any information. The weirdest thing is that I called NVC on July 7 and they said the flag was cleared. There are general numbers as any gov't agency and we were basically getting the run around. We talked to someone at CBP as well as Peace Bridge supervisor and they are extremely confused into exactly what the consulate is talking about. They said that it shouldn't hold up the visa and you have travelled to US many times after the issue was resolved. We went back and forth about 10 emails with the consulate asking for information we got from the phone, specific CBP contact number and the request number from the consular officer. We kept getting one liner from Montreal "contact CBP". On the other side, the officer that is in contact with the Congresswoman said no such thing. He said everything is great and we will issue the visa. So we started talking to the Consulate via email on Friday afternoon until Monday late evening then we stopped since two officers with different information was being communicated to us. We are letting congresswoman handle it. She emailed them Monday but we haven't heard anything back, our date though did get updated yesterday.

This is truly frustrating cause in the 2.5 months waiting, I would have put in the request if it was necessary but I was told by the officer that he did it. Now the consulate is completely ignoring that which makes me think that he didn't! I did put a request in myself on Monday but it says that it takes 30 business days for them to process which is another 1.5 month. So we did few things. We advice the congresswoman of everything and I put in a formal complaint against the NVC and Consulate in the OIG system (oig.state.gov).

I know your pain and frustration. I wanted to say soooo much in the email but they really don't care. They will keep throwing standard one liner response from their automated selected messages. this is truly sad and I didn't expect officers to lie......

Timeline

Hi Idy,

The congresswoman for us contacted the consulate and Montreal contacted me after that. Basically there is a flag in the CBP system under my name that makes me go through secondary screening. At the time of the interview, the consular officer told me that he is putting a request in the system for me to remove the flag but it shouldn't hold up the visa. After congresswoman contact with Montreal last week, we got a one liner email from Montreal saying "contact CBP regarding your overstay flag and contact us back" without any information. The weirdest thing is that I called NVC on July 7 and they said the flag was cleared. There are general numbers as any gov't agency and we were basically getting the run around. We talked to someone at CBP as well as Peace Bridge supervisor and they are extremely confused into exactly what the consulate is talking about. They said that it shouldn't hold up the visa and you have travelled to US many times after the issue was resolved. We went back and forth about 10 emails with the consulate asking for information we got from the phone, specific CBP contact number and the request number from the consular officer. We kept getting one liner from Montreal "contact CBP". On the other side, the officer that is in contact with the Congresswoman said no such thing. He said everything is great and we will issue the visa. So we started talking to the Consulate via email on Friday afternoon until Monday late evening then we stopped since two officers with different information was being communicated to us. We are letting congresswoman handle it. She emailed them Monday but we haven't heard anything back, our date though did get updated yesterday.

This is truly frustrating cause in the 2.5 months waiting, I would have put in the request if it was necessary but I was told by the officer that he did it. Now the consulate is completely ignoring that which makes me think that he didn't! I did put a request in myself on Monday but it says that it takes 30 business days for them to process which is another 1.5 month. So we did few things. We advice the congresswoman of everything and I put in a formal complaint against the NVC and Consulate in the OIG system (oig.state.gov).

I know your pain and frustration. I wanted to say soooo much in the email but they really don't care. They will keep throwing standard one liner response from their automated selected messages. this is truly sad and I didn't expect officers to lie......

Wow!!... I'm speechless... it's unthinkable the bad work, irresponsibility and the game with other's lifes.... Thank you for sharing all that info. Hope you finish with this nightmare soon my friend. Please keep me posted on the progress

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.