New User 1000

Refused at US Consulate in Montreal

357 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually if you look on the consulate's website, the holiday is everywhere except Quebec :) Quebec gets an extra holiday Jan 2.

Looks like it so here's hoping!!!:

Civic Holiday

Monday, August 3, 2015

(Always observed 1st Monday in August in Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver; Natal Day in Halifax and Heritage Day in Calgary.)

Timeline

Hi,

Thank you guys. That is real hope and hopefully i will get something next week. On august 4, it will be my 60 days. Thank you for all your support. It really helps a lot, you guys have no idea. It helps me sooo much to regain myself from just waiting and anticipating that the status will change.

Timeline

Quick update hubby just called to say he had received email from Loomis with his Waybill #... If all goes as we think it should he will be home by Friday!!! :)

Timeline

Awesome news!!! Be sure to track it. If you're in Markham, it should be there by the next day.

Thanks Andy & Vanda we will. He is in Brampton. I will keep you posted.. I am beyond ecstatic !!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Holy , Visa ISSUED !!!!

I just checked after being away all wknd and there was a status update today ! UNBELIEVABLE, miracles do happen !

the pop up says--

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please note: Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. Also, some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

I guess this is due to AP while visa is printed?

hopefully Loomis wont take that long.

we are entering week 7, so I guess this makes it 6 weeks out of the 8 "promised"

cant believe this hell is over, they had my passport since end of April, been homeless for 2 months in 4 different apartments, solo parenting our 3yo !

will keep everyone posted of any updates..!

Timeline

Holy ######, Visa ISSUED !!!!

I just checked after being away all wknd and there was a status update today ! UNBELIEVABLE, miracles do happen !

the pop up says--

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.[/size]

Please note: Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. Also, some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.[/size]

we are entering week 7, so I guess this makes it 6 weeks out of the 8 "promised"

cant believe this hell is over, they had my passport since end of April, been homeless for 2 months in 4 different apartments, solo parenting our 3yo !

Congratulations "stellabasset"!!!!!!!! So happy for you guys. Today is a Civic holiday but not in Montreal I think.. Based on our timeline at this phase you should see it still be showing ISSUED but a different verbiage once the package is ready for Loomis.Once that happens Loomis will send you an email with your way bill # and you will be able to track your package. We should have passport in hand tomorrow because Loomis is closed today.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

the pop up says--

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please note: Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. Also, some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Timeline

Congratulation!!!!!!! :goofy:

the pop up says--

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.