New User 1000

Refused at US Consulate in Montreal

357 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally! The manager at Loomis called us to tell us our passports are on his manifest and should be ready for pickup tomorrow.

So our next entries will be the POE experience in Buffalo with two cars and a cat! Should be interesting.

I can't believe the human hardship that Montreal has caused. We are planning to work with our Congresswoman to see if more permanent changes can be implemented to help Canadians immigrate to the US. My fiance wants to get a job at the consulate so she go fire a few of the horrible people we've had to deal with!! Or at least post some real stories on FB!!

I know our journey isn't over yet.. POE tomorrow, New wedding plans, then AOS and more BS to get the green card, but have to say thanks to all of you for your support and help navigating this nightmare of a government agency. Seriously, without this site to share information and vent we would have been totally lost!

Big Congratulations Andy&Vanda!!!!

All the best to you!!! :)

Timeline

MTL's facebook reply to whether they have a plan to work on the immigrant visa backlog. Idy - just the response we were expecting, hey?

You can see this and other comments on their "posts to page" section, on the left side under their photos and videos.

https://www.facebook.com/U.S.CGMontreal?fref=nf

Timeline

MTL's facebook reply to whether they have a plan to work on the immigrant visa backlog. Idy - just the response we were expecting, hey?

You can see this and other comments on their "posts to page" section, on the left side under their photos and videos.

https://www.facebook.com/U.S.CGMontreal?fref=nf

Yes!! that was good!! :):thumbs:

Timeline

Happy Wednesday!! OK so my hubby's file was upadted yeserday (triggered I think by my email) and then today.. Not sure why!! But today is the 29th and I really had to shake my head. THey have had the required documents now since May 29th exactly 2 months !!! Lord give me strength.!! Fingers crossed that one or all of us hear something positive today..

Timeline

Happy Wednesday!! OK so my hubby's file was upadted yeserday (triggered I think by my email) and then today.. Not sure why!! But today is the 29th and I really had to shake my head. THey have had the required documents now since May 29th exactly 2 months !!! Lord give me strength.!! Fingers crossed that one or all of us hear something positive today..

Hi CanAm!

Hoping it will be!! :)

Timeline

That is really encouraging - I hope yours is issued today!

Our case status was updated this morning too, but we sent them an email this morning about an updated police certificate. However, I checked it 15 mins after they responded and the date hadn't been updated yet (I had told them they didn't need to check on my case, just wanted an answer to a general question). Does the date usually update for you guys as soon as they respond? I am wondering why there was a delay. I'm probably having false hope here, but I do hope someone of importance saw the conversations we started publicly on their facebook page.

Timeline

Hi davealton, sometimes the date updates for me after two days. So for example, if they responded to my email on May 27, they will go online today and change the date to May 27. It's like a standard thing for them to update the date

By the way I also posted on Facebook asking why the process is slow....no response yet. Please go like that post and let's get some attention.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if the "8 week of processing" refers to work days? As in 60 days mon-fri, or to 8'weeks straight?

Hoping it's the latter.

Our lawyer advised us to not contact any congress people before the end of the processing time, but to make an appointment at the consulate with citizen services for my partner, so she will go in two weeks and hopefully get some answer as its in the same building... Who knows!

Keep us posted Idy and CandAm about any updates, as you've passed the 8 week

Crossing fingers for everyone to cross the border soon!

Timeline

Does anyone know if the "8 week of processing" refers to work days? As in 60 days mon-fri, or to 8'weeks straight?

Hoping it's the latter.

Our lawyer advised us to not contact any congress people before the end of the processing time, but to make an appointment at the consulate with citizen services for my partner, so she will go in two weeks and hopefully get some answer as its in the same building... Who knows!

Keep us posted Idy and CandAm about any updates, as you've passed the 8 week

Crossing fingers for everyone to cross the border soon!

Hi!!

they refers to calendars days.

Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.. I am not sure if it's just them or my hysterical nervous breakdown to the NVC rep or the letter I sent to my Congress man on Monday... But I may never know. I am just so thankful. I am a caterer and checked as we were packing up.. I lost it screaming and crying.. My staff just told me to go sit... Idy I pray that you and the others on here get issued soon.. I would have gone insane without you all..

Timeline

Thank you.. I am not sure if it's just them or my hysterical nervous breakdown to the NVC rep or the letter I sent to my Congress man on Monday... But I may never know. I am just so thankful. I am a caterer and checked as we were packing up.. I lost it screaming and crying.. My staff just told me to go sit... Idy I pray that you and the others on here get issued soon.. I would have gone insane without you all..

I will be in the same way screaming and jumping!!
Has been really nice being part of this forum, it's true that is the best therapy as i said the other day. and you always has been very optimistic, encouraging everybody. :energy:
now just hope that the rest of us gets our ISSUED soon!! :joy::joy::joy:
please keep praying!!! :):):)(F)(F)(F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.