loucel22

admitting drug used before

12 posts in this topic

HI everyone i need help and advice,, i petition my husband last may 2014 now, he has a medical exam at st.lukes manila everything is ok but the psychiatrist ask him if he EVER use drugs and he say YES...he said he used drugs before which is last 2006.... now im so stress out i dnt knw what to do can you guys help me :crying: .......he supposed to have an interview in u.s embassy manila this coming june 4 but the psychiatrist say the my husband need to come back at june 9 for another interview in st. lukes so we reschedule his interview in u.s embassy

can you guys pls give me advice

thank you and God bless :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

HI everyone i need help and advice,, i petition my husband last may 2014 now, he has a medical exam at st.lukes manila everything is ok but the psychiatrist ask him if he EVER use drugs and he say YES...he said he used drugs before which is last 2006.... now im so stress out i dnt knw what to do can you guys help me :crying: .......he supposed to have an interview in u.s embassy manila this coming june 4 but the psychiatrist say the my husband need to come back at june 9 for another interview in st. lukes so we reschedule his interview in u.s embassy

can you guys pls give me advice

thank you and God bless :dancing:

Your husband will either be approved anyway with no problem, or he will get a one year ban and he will have to prove again that he is drug free before the visa will be issued.

Similar threads here, worthy to read:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/456572-husband-admitted-to-marijuana-use-in-medical-exam-advice-and-experiences-please/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/373327-admitted-drug-use-redo-medical/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/530546-admission-of-past-drug-use-st-lukes-medical-center-manila/

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Hi my husband have deseme problem like you VICTORIADL. He has a medical exam last MAY 20 AND 21 2015 and he went to psychiatric exam and admitted that he used shabu before 9 year ago. now the dr said that he needs to come back at june 9 2015 to do another psyc exam. on june 4 he has a visa interview at u.s embassy but his not gonna fisnish his medical until june 9 so we need to reshed his visa interview at us embassy. im so worried and so stressed out and i cant stop thinking about it what can we do... i hope everthing is gonna be ok.. i always pray to god and give us a another chance... now i read your story and im still hoping that he pass everthing...

thank you and god bless u guys

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Loucel22,

Great to know that my post somehow has given you hope. If youre husband is in full remission and his psych test turns well - you will have no issue at all. My husband only took one test and he has been very proactive in asking the Doctor if everything was okay and if his admission would not affect our visa approval. The doctor was very kind enough to tell him that his result is good and theres no need to worry. If all your documents are in order - you'll get it for sure.

We've secured our IV and were all set to fly by 1st week of July.

Whats your visa type? and can you elaborate more the kind of admission your husband made? Is he in full remission?

HI EVERYONE... im the petitioner of a CR-1/I-130 . since my husband papers are all set and ready for u.s embassy interview at june 4. he decide to go to st.lukes medical exam 2 weeks before his interview in us embassy. When he went there at st.lukes everything is ok everything is NEGATIVE except the psychiatric interview, the doctor asked him if he EVER USE DRUGS (SHABU)????? he said YES and it was 9 yrs ago (2006).....SINCE HE ADMITTED THAT HE USED DRUGS BEFORE ITS THAT AUTOMATICALLY DENIED?......Im so stressed out i cant stop thinking about it

can anybody tell me who has a desame experience like my husband during the medical exam

thank you for whoever sharing thier experience :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is not an automatic denial (and every country is a little different, some embassies are stricter than others), but they probably will want a further psychiatric investigation. What we often see here is a delay of one year, during which the beneficiary has to undergo drug tests a few times to check he remains clear.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Duplicate threads merged and hijack posts in another member's thread moved to this thread. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic or post about your case in threads started by other members.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.