Yemeni Fee Dubai

Filed before....

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I've filed for a fiancé visa and was approved and everything went smoothly in 2005.... that marriage didn't work out so we divorced in the US.

2-1/2 years ago I met someone else IN the US but he left after we met and went back to the UAE and flew me out a few months later and we got married in the court there, then I came back and filed for a marriage visa. However, in May 2013 USCIS requested a valid divorce decree that had been filed with the local court for him because he was married before that.... come to find out he didn't have a valid divorce decree bcz the joker was still married to her. Soooo I went to my local office in June 2013 and withdrew the petition with the reason being that our "marriage" isn't legal and valid in the USA since 2nd marriages aren't recognized. I tried communicating with him after that to give me a divorce from the courts there in case anything ever comes of it in the future but of course, once I wasn't bringing him to the US he didn't care to work with me and I eventually just gave up and forgot about.

Well..... apparently I'm a bigger idiot than my momma ever raised me to be because I've met someone new while vacationing in Turkey, from Iran, and I'd like to bring him here as my fiancé.... I know.... they say the 3rd time's a charm right? anyway, now that I'm thinking about this I'm worried about what's going to happen when I submit my petition and they see I've already tried this twice before, succeeded once, and am most likely still "legally" married in Dubai since they recognize 2nd marriages even when the 2nd doesn't know she's a 2nd.....

Has anyone ever submitted THREE petitions before and been approved for the last one?

Do you think I'll just have to explain that the marriage wasn't valid since he wasn't divorced the last time, if they ask about it? Is it likely that they'll even ask about it? Should I just give up on this or do you think I've got a chance for an approval?

Thanks in advance *sigh*

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I've filed for a fiancé visa and was approved and everything went smoothly in 2005.... that marriage didn't work out so we divorced in the US.

2-1/2 years ago I met someone else IN the US but he left after we met and went back to the UAE and flew me out a few months later and we got married in the court there, then I came back and filed for a marriage visa. However, in May 2013 USCIS requested a valid divorce decree that had been filed with the local court for him because he was married before that.... come to find out he didn't have a valid divorce decree bcz the joker was still married to her. Soooo I went to my local office in June 2013 and withdrew the petition with the reason being that our "marriage" isn't legal and valid in the USA since 2nd marriages aren't recognized. I tried communicating with him after that to give me a divorce from the courts there in case anything ever comes of it in the future but of course, once I wasn't bringing him to the US he didn't care to work with me and I eventually just gave up and forgot about.

Well..... apparently I'm a bigger idiot than my momma ever raised me to be because I've met someone new while vacationing in Turkey, from Iran, and I'd like to bring him here as my fiancé.... I know.... they say the 3rd time's a charm right? anyway, now that I'm thinking about this I'm worried about what's going to happen when I submit my petition and they see I've already tried this twice before, succeeded once, and am most likely still "legally" married in Dubai since they recognize 2nd marriages even when the 2nd doesn't know she's a 2nd.....

Has anyone ever submitted THREE petitions before and been approved for the last one?

Do you think I'll just have to explain that the marriage wasn't valid since he wasn't divorced the last time, if they ask about it? No. You can not just explain it away since it is a legal marriage in the place where it occurred. Your marriage is not invalid. You are not not eligible to petition for him since polygamy is banned in the US. It's allowed in the UAE. Is it likely that they'll even ask about it? They will ask for a divorce decree, and you must have one. Should I just give up on this or do you think I've got a chance for an approval? You have zero chances of an approval since you are already legally married. You can not have a 2nd husband. (The irony).

Thanks in advance *sigh*

Hi,

You can not file for a K-1 successfully at this time. A petition at this time will be denied. While your marriage is not valid for an US immigration benefit, it was/is valid in the place where you got married. That makes you legally married. You just can't file a spousal petition because you are the 2nd wife in a plural marriage.

File for a divorce in the US. You cite fraud since he never disclosed that he already had a wife. You do not need his participation in a US court to get the divorce. Once you are divorced, you can file for your current fiancee.

Do not try to hide your marriage. You will be making a material misrepresentation that will put an end to petitioning for him.

Best of luck.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.