SparklePony

Paris - K1 visa fee payment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello all,

I've been trying to find out how to pay for the visa fee at the Paris embassy. The guide on here says it needs to be paid online, but the embassy website just says they accept certain credit cards but not personal checks. The latest reviews I saw also don't mention payment anywhere.

I just wanted to know if they'll take a card and won't fuss over it, or if I need to take cash with me.

Thank you!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

From all of the people I have spoke to and the videos I have seen people have been sending personal checks. If you want to be on the safe side I would just send a money order.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello all,

I've been trying to find out how to pay for the visa fee at the Paris embassy. The guide on here says it needs to be paid online, but the embassy website just says they accept certain credit cards but not personal checks. The latest reviews I saw also don't mention payment anywhere.

I just wanted to know if they'll take a card and won't fuss over it, or if I need to take cash with me.

Thank you!

And you haven't received any instructions from the embassy?

I don't know if all embassies have started doing this but most likely you'll be paying your fee through ustraveldocs.com. But contact your embassy and make sure Paris is doing it too!

From all of the people I have spoke to and the videos I have seen people have been sending personal checks. If you want to be on the safe side I would just send a money order.

That information is very outdated. Please do not give advice if you're not sure they're accurate. Also please update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should have received instructions('packet 3') from the consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=France&cty=Paris

STEP THREE:
Visit www.usvisa-info.com by selecting "Immigrant Visa Applicants" then "I am a K visa" to pay the related fees (252 euros, may change overtime) and to schedule your interview at the US Embassy in Paris only on a TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, or THURSDAY at 1:00 PM. Please note! Scheduling an appointment before you have your required documents will not expedite the process.
Please ensure you have met the requirements in Step 2 before registering for an appointment.

Go here > https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-fr/iv/information/k_visa

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

That was the thing, all the consulate instructions said was how much the fee was and that it was to be paid at the time of the interview, at the Embassy - it didn't specify anything regarding payment methods except that personal checks aren't allowed.

Anyway, the interview was yesterday and they accept cash or any major card, in case anyone tries to search for this info later. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

That was the thing, all the consulate instructions said was how much the fee was and that it was to be paid at the time of the interview, at the Embassy - it didn't specify anything regarding payment methods except that personal checks aren't allowed.

Anyway, the interview was yesterday and they accept cash or any major card, in case anyone tries to search for this info later. :)

So you do still pay at the consulate and not online? They have 2 different sets of info on their website. No wonder you were confused.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Nothing in Packets 3 or 4 mentioned online payments, so yes, a bit confusing. And yes, I paid in person, at the interview.

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.