jv0814

please can some one help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello there i have a question or a concern, a cousin of mine obtained his gc back in 1986 and back in 2010 he got pulled over by a cop back in florida, he then was taken to ice and was told that he either can do a self voluntary depart the us or fight to stay, he didn't have any money to hire an attorney and so he chose do voluntary depart. so now he wants to come back to the U.s..

can some one help and give me any feedback about what can he do to get his status back on track.

thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is more to this. Someone who has a greencard does not get deported simply for being pulled over for speeding or even a DUI.

- Did he have a valid greencard at the time he was pulled over? If not, why not?

- What were the charges when he was pulled over? For example if he had fellony warrants out for him or drugs in the car, that would explain it.

- Is there anything written in his passport or does he have any papers he signed during the deportation hearing, and if so, what does it say?

How does he intend to come back? Ie doe she have a US citizen spouse or...?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

he got plled over while with a friend they srch friend's car and baam they fond coke i dont know how mch exactly but je was going to courtss with ice and all and the the judge told him the lawyer wasn't defending him enough and he said that if he gets deported he'll lose his green card, judge gaved him option to volnteer depart the u.s. and told him then he can file a waiver but my cousin doesn't know in how long can he file

Timeline

With a drug conviction, he may have a lifetime ban.

Who is planning to petition for him?

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

well the judge didn't tell him he was going to get ban for life he just said for him to volunteer depart and so he turned in his green card to USCIS.

no one is trying to petition for him, he just wants to know what he can do to recover his lpr card.

Timeline

He can't recover his card, it is gone.

He would need someone to petition for him, be that an employer or a spouse or parent etc. Then, a waiver would need to be filed. What sort of waiver would depend on what exactly was agreed on at his deportation hearing/ what sort of ban he has.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.