Jack2107

Expedite history on my USCIS case history

44 posts in this topic

It's good to know someone else is in the same boat as us.

I'm really unsure if this is a positive message as nothing has changed on my case and my husband has had no communication so far.

It could mean completed and denied ?

I wonder when they will update my case info

Ok so an update....

We called today and spoke to regular customer services and asked what was happening with our expedite. So he looked at our case and said its been forwarded to the correct department for final decision and said we should hear soon.

He couldn't tell us how long we would have to wait and that more than likely would be an email.

Just thought I would give you all an update

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you get a co sponsor?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I applied for an expedite on the 14th and on the 15th received the same three notices, even before I had sent in the supporting documentation. Now nobody at customer services can tell me what this means or whether the expedite has been accepted, denied or is still being looked at. Its so frustrating that people within USCIS can't even see the status of cases, only the specific case worker your expedite is assigned to. You can't get a clear answer out of anyone. Let me know if you hear anything, and I'll do the same! Best of luck to everyone :(

I know it doesn't make any sense! You would think the USCIS would have a much better system throughout so that any officer can give you the information you need.

Would cut hold times down too.

The whole process is ridiculous from start to finish. I just called up and had a sweet lady who could tell me that "something" was sent out in the post on Tuesday, which is most likely to be an answer to the expedite but she couldn't say for sure. She said that their script says that even though they tell you you'll get an answer in 5 days it can also take 30...

My reason for expediting was my grandfather is really ill, and when she told me that ^^ I said well, in thirty days time I could be applying for an expedite to go to a funeral, so she looked at the correspondence history to give me that info. I would recommend calling until you get a nice person and try and get them to empathise or tell you if anything has been posted to you. Maybe if I had something sent to me on Tuesday you did too?! Fingers crossed!

Timeline

Is this for Advanced Parole?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hopefully it works out for you.

Can anyone explain what comes under the financial loss criteria for an expedite? I'm the USC and have been living abroad with SO. Company allowed me to work remotely while I was abroad, but last week told me I need to come back to the states or face termination. Is it worth trying for an expedite? Does a denial slow down the process?

Timeline

Expedites slow down the process overall but the impact on an individual case is minimal.

I have seen so many weird approvals that it is difficult to say what will get by and what will not, no real harm in trying.

Edited by Boiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called for an expedite on May 14 and received the same three messages. May 20 I was notified of case approval yet heard nothing else about expedite.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On May 15, 2015, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ***************, was completed. (most recent message)

05/15/2015

On May 15, 2015, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number *****************. (second message)

05/15/2015

On May 15, 2015, your request to have your case expedited, referral number **************, was assigned to an officer for response. (first message)

That is the chronological order. I went to my own uscis account, the messages had an interval of 1-2 days between them so this is the correct chronological order.

I wouldn't bring out the champagne bottle yet but based on the similarities of our messages i believe you should be celebrating soon!

Good luck!

So I also requested to expedite due to my upcoming short notice deployment. Just out of curiosity, and I know every embassy is different, how long did it take for the POE to actually occur from the time you got the acceptance for your expedite request? Im REALLY crunched for time. Thanks for your response!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.