became a couple last feb 15, 2014 and i save up

money to come over to the philippines last may

12, 2014 i got hold at the immigration airport

because i didnt know that i need to have a

return ticker that time and my wife saved me and

she did everything just to clear me at the

immigration airport. Ive been cleared at the

immigration because of my wife i stayed in their

house with her family and on her 22nd birthday.

June 12 2014 i ask her to marry me because i

love her to much and i love her family Ive never

been in a relationship before and also my wife. I

knew to myself she the one and she will be my

first and last girl in my life and she said yes to

marry me, and on aug 14 2014 we got married

and last september 2014 i need to go back to

the US due to emergency, even though i got my

philippine visa until march 2015. I decided to

apply for her visa last feb 2015. Im planning to

visit my wife on july im still saving up money and

will stay there until her visa interview hoping that

everything will be fine at the nvc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The process you used can take up to a year before your wife gets her Visa. It would have faster and cheaper if you had applied for a Finace Visa and married her in the United States.

Timeline

Hi I just want to know ur opinion if there is any

red flag on our situation my wife cr-1 visa is at

the nvc right now and I read something about

this red flag and it bother us a lot because we

also got married so fast. we met at the online

dating site way back dec 2013 and we official

became a couple last feb 15, 2014 and i save up

money to come over to the philippines last may

12, 2014 i got hold at the immigration airport

because i didnt know that i need to have a

return ticker that time and my wife saved me and

she did everything just to clear me at the

immigration airport. Ive been cleared at the

immigration because of my wife i stayed in their

house with her family and on her 22nd birthday.

June 12 2014 i ask her to marry me because i

love her to much and i love her family Ive never

been in a relationship before and also my wife. I

knew to myself she the one and she will be my

first and last girl in my life and she said yes to

marry me, and on aug 14 2014 we got married

and last september 2014 i need to go back to

the US due to emergency, even though i got my

philippine visa until march 2015. I decided to

apply for her visa last feb 2015. Im planning to

visit my wife on july im still saving up money and

will stay there until her visa interview hoping that

everything will be fine at the nvc.

Are you not holding a U.S. passport?

Timeline

I'am an US citizen and I'm holding a us passport I married my wife in the philippines

I was only asking because you said you had a visa for the Phils. I know they stamp dates in our passport but it's not a visa in the sense as most people think....like someone would have for coming here. Anyway, like the other person said it can take up to a year. Expect about that, as long as your marriage is true and you have good proof of a geniune relationship, you don't need to worry about the length of your relationship. It helps of course that you are going to stay there and finish it out. I'm not sure if you were aware, but if you planned on staying there during the process you could have done the DCF route and you two would have been here much faster. Eithery way, make sure you maintain your residency here and keep a steady stream of income....you'll be alright.

Or the K1 before you got married would have been the fastest, but I understand why you didn't.

Edited by Shauneg

The process you used can take up to a year before your wife gets her Visa. It would have faster and cheaper if you had applied for a Finace Visa and married her in the United States.

our lawyer applied for that one because were already married

I was only asking because you said you had a visa for the Phils. I know they stamp dates in our passport but it's not a visa in the sense as most people think....like someone would have for coming here. Anyway, like the other person said it can take up to a year. Expect about that, as long as your marriage is true and you have good proof of a geniune relationship, you don't need to worry about the length of your relationship. It helps of course that you are going to stay there and finish it out. I'm not sure if you were aware, but if you planned on staying there during the process you could have done the DCF route and you two would have been here much faster. Eithery way, make sure you maintain your residency here and keep a steady stream of income....you'll be alright.

Or the K1 before you got married would have been the fastest, but I understand why you didn't.

well thank u for your opinion regarding this I feel good right now. I hope my wife case at the nvc will be good and will finish reviewing it soon. god bless

Timeline

well thank u for your opinion regarding this I feel good right now. I hope my wife case at the nvc will be good and will finish reviewing it soon. god bless

Good luck, God bless...and congrats on the marriage. Hope the time goes by fast for you two. We are all on this journey.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Cheaper on the front end yes, but less costly doing CR1 once you get to AOS stage for K1.

In the year 2015, the total filing fees for the K-1 process are $340 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,070 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee. That brings the total government U.S. fee to $1,675.

For the immigrant visa process in 2015, filing fees are $340 to USCIS for Form I-130, and $325 to the consulate for the visa. AOS fees are $120 and if you have CR-2 as well, then one fee covers all If everything is approved, you will also have to pay an Immigrant Fee to USCIS ($165 in 2015). That makes the total government cost $950.

As for time....well

Filed I-130 Oct 14, it was sent to TSC and approved Oct 30th

Case Closed at NVC March 30th

Visa Interview May 27th

7 1/2 months.

Also note with K1 you won't be working until AOS, CR1 you can work day 1

Edited by JohnandMhay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

In the long run the K-1 is much more expensive by at least $1000 because you have to do AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.