vitaminhan

Case complete but pending at NVC to mail out, need advice

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

My case was completed on 4/20/2015 and I received an email on 4/27/2015 from NVC read as below

27-APR-15

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

I have not heard anything since this email. I am a paper filer and I know the next step is NVC would send the completed case to Guangzhou Consulate in China so it can schedule an interview for my wife.

In the past few days I have been calling NVC and the answer is the same: your case is going to be sent but it has not gone out yet. The representatives told me the NVC standard for completed case to be sent to China is 28 days. The 28th day will be Monday next week, 5/19/2015.

I really do not believe my case will be sent on that day and I know if I do not do something, my case might be forgotten.

Here are my questions and any advice is appreciated.

1. Is it possible I can ask to be transferred to someone with higher authority than the call representative to mail my case out?

2. Is talking to a supervisor helpful or just waste of time?

3. I have tried to check DHL website and found there are 2 mails from NVC to China after 4/20/2015. One was on 4/30 and the other one was 5/11. Is it possible my case is in one of those mails but the system still shows not gone out yet?

4. My case status shows AT NVC the whole time. It never changed to anything even during the NVC review process. I have seen others see case status change with update time, but mine never changed and there is no time stamp attached to it. Am I looking at the right case status check website or is that possible some case status never get updated?

5. From this forum I have learned paper filers may have to wait a few months for the mail to clear at Chinese custom, but the DHL website show about 1 week from the US to China sign off. Does that mean nowadays the diplomatic mails do not have to wait that long?

Thank you very much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

My case was completed on 4/20/2015 and I received an email on 4/27/2015 from NVC read as below

27-APR-15

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

I have not heard anything since this email. I am a paper filer and I know the next step is NVC would send the completed case to Guangzhou Consulate in China so it can schedule an interview for my wife.

In the past few days I have been calling NVC and the answer is the same: your case is going to be sent but it has not gone out yet. The representatives told me the NVC standard for completed case to be sent to China is 28 days. The 28th day will be Monday next week, 5/19/2015.

I really do not believe my case will be sent on that day and I know if I do not do something, my case might be forgotten.

1. Is it possible I can ask to be transferred to someone with higher authority than the call representative to mail my case out? NO

2. Is talking to a supervisor helpful or just waste of time? No, at this point yes

3. I have tried to check DHL website and found there are 2 mails from NVC to China after 4/20/2015. One was on 4/30 and the other one was 5/11. Is it possible my case is in one of those mails but the system still shows not gone out yet? No, they told you when to expect it to be sent.

4. My case status shows AT NVC the whole time. It never changed to anything even during the NVC review process. I have seen others see case status change with update time, but mine never changed and there is no time stamp attached to it. Am I looking at the right case status check website or is that possible some case status never get updated? It shows at NVC for many people, not an issue or problem. Mine showed at NVC until it was shipped.

5. From this forum I have learned paper filers may have to wait a few months for the mail to clear at Chinese custom, but the DHL website show about 1 week from the US to China sign off. Does that mean nowadays the diplomatic mails do not have to wait that long? Once it shows shipped it should only take a few days to get there, you won't have to wait for customs or anything....

Thank you very much!

Until you hit the standard no one else going to help you, even then they are going to tell you wait more unless it becomes extremely drawn out....talking months. If it were as easy as asking for someone else to be assigned to the case, everyone would do that. Don't worry you should see movement in the next week or two.

Is the interview already booked? Because they don't mail out the package until the interview is booked unless there is something different that happens at that particular consulate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once it shows shipped it should only take a few days to get there, you won't have to wait for customs or anything....

For China paper file cases (non-EP), this is incorrect, once the file arrives in China, it will sit in a customs warehouse.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

For China paper file cases (non-EP), this is incorrect, once the file arrives in China, it will sit in a customs warehouse.

so...even with DHL website shows it gets signed off in a week it still sits in a warehouse?

Does that sign off mean warehouse signs off instead of the Embassy signs off?

post-206227-0-99923000-1431815778_thumb.png

Is the interview already booked? Because they don't mail out the package until the interview is booked unless there is something different that happens at that particular consulate.

China is different. I think China is the only embassy schedules its own interview. So at least for the paper filers, if no package is received, no interview will be scheduled

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Hijack post removed**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

27-APR-15

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

1. Is it possible I can ask to be transferred to someone with higher authority than the call representative to mail my case out?

2. Is talking to a supervisor helpful or just waste of time?

3. I have tried to check DHL website and found there are 2 mails from NVC to China after 4/20/2015. One was on 4/30 and the other one was 5/11. Is it possible my case is in one of those mails but the system still shows not gone out yet?

4. My case status shows AT NVC the whole time. It never changed to anything even during the NVC review process. I have seen others see case status change with update time, but mine never changed and there is no time stamp attached to it. Am I looking at the right case status check website or is that possible some case status never get updated?

5. From this forum I have learned paper filers may have to wait a few months for the mail to clear at Chinese custom, but the DHL website show about 1 week from the US to China sign off. Does that mean nowadays the diplomatic mails do not have to wait that long?

Thank you very much!

have you got your interview day yet?

any update?

have you got your interview day yet?

any update?

I called NVC yesterday and the operator told me my case was electronically sent to Guangzhou embassy and the embassy would schedule the interview based on the electronic one. I am a Non-EP filer so I am not sure if he mistakenly assumed me as an EP filer, also I am not sure if the embassy would schedule interview before it sees the actual paper file.

I called NVC today again and the operator did not mention the electronic file at all, but said the case is routed to a supervisor to push it to mail out

Are both EP and Non-EP sent electronically nowadays?

Hopefully my case will be mailed out in the next batch. I am checking DHL website daily and in May there were 2 packages mailed out to China. I hope my status will change to In Transit when I see a new package mailed to China on DHL website.

Timeline

I called NVC yesterday and the operator told me my case was electronically sent to Guangzhou embassy and the embassy would schedule the interview based on the electronic one. I am a Non-EP filer so I am not sure if he mistakenly assumed me as an EP filer, also I am not sure if the embassy would schedule interview before it sees the actual paper file.

I called NVC today again and the operator did not mention the electronic file at all, but said the case is routed to a supervisor to push it to mail out

Are both EP and Non-EP sent electronically nowadays?

Hopefully my case will be mailed out in the next batch. I am checking DHL website daily and in May there were 2 packages mailed out to China. I hope my status will change to In Transit when I see a new package mailed to China on DHL website.

how to tracking with DHL without the tracking #?

how to tracking with DHL without the tracking #?

Go to DHL.com and under EXPRESS click Track by Shipper's Reference

Shipper's Reference field enter EXP 11 MAY 2015A (5/11 is the first date you can see a package sent out to China in May, the second one is on 5/14, and none after that)

Date Range enter from 5/1 to 5/20

Shipment destination enter China, People's Republic

Here you will see a package mailed on 5/11 to China and was cleared as diplomatic mail. This 5/11 mail was scheduled to deliver on 5/20 but the custom clearance delayed it for 2 days. Now seems the custom clearance is done and it is ready to be delivered.

DHL consistently shows about 1 week to 10 days delivery time even for diplomatic mails. I really hope now our mails do not have to sit in a custom warehouse for a few months!

Timeline

Go to DHL.com and under EXPRESS click Track by Shipper's Reference

Shipper's Reference field enter EXP 11 MAY 2015A (5/11 is the first date you can see a package sent out to China in May, the second one is on 5/14, and none after that)

Date Range enter from 5/1 to 5/20

Shipment destination enter China, People's Republic

Here you will see a package mailed on 5/11 to China and was cleared as diplomatic mail. This 5/11 mail was scheduled to deliver on 5/20 but the custom clearance delayed it for 2 days. Now seems the custom clearance is done and it is ready to be delivered.

DHL consistently shows about 1 week to 10 days delivery time even for diplomatic mails. I really hope now our mails do not have to sit in a custom warehouse for a few months!

I am using EP i don't know is that will be also the same way?

I am using EP i don't know is that will be also the same way?

No... EP is faster...supposedly, no DHL involved

I wish I did EP, but the NVC representative said EP was very slow at the time when I got the case number...

Timeline

No... EP is faster...supposedly, no DHL involved

I wish I did EP, but the NVC representative said EP was very slow at the time when I got the case number...

yah. EP NVC has system error so it was stop for some days then picking up later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.