Ivonne10

K1/K2 AOS document return? (split thread/edited title)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm applying for my adjustment of status visa k-1 and k-2 visa, for my son and for the forms were filled I-130 my son already get you the appointment of biometric and my returned me the documents. I am confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm applying for my adjustment of status visa k-1 and k-2 visa, for my son and for the forms were filled I-130 my son already get you the appointment of biometric and my returned me the documents. I am confused.

can someone help me with information? not is by the person that filled documents sending the I-130 for my son and for my.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry, but it is difficult to understand what you are saying. Lo siento, pero no comprendo sus palabras.

Si tu necessitas, dice en Espanol.

Are you trying to say that your entire package was returned back to you?

¿Estás diciendo que todo el paquete fue devuelta a usted?

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Please English-only in the main forums. Local languages are permitted in the regional forums.~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why would you send an I-130 for adjustment of status?

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Why would you send an I-130 for adjustment of status?

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

When applying for adjustment of status for a family member you file form i-130. Though, the original poster has still not clarified what they are trying to ask....

EDIT: Admitedly, I am not familiar with this process.... I just always try to help anyone from Colombia if they post questions...

Source:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/adjustment-status

1. Determine Your Basis to Immigrate

The first step in the adjustment of status process is to determine if you fit into a specific immigrant category . Most immigrants become eligible for a green card (permanent residence) through a petition filed on your behalf by a family member or employer. Others become permanent residents through first obtaining refugee or asylum status, or through a number of other special provisions. To see the many different ways to get a green card, see the links to the left.

2. File the Immigrant Petition

When you know what category you believe best fits your situation, in most cases, you will need to have an immigrant petition filed on your behalf.

• Family Based

Family based categories require that a U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for you. For more information, see ourFamily page

Depending on the category you wish to adjust under, you may be eligible to have the petition filed at the same time that you file your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. This is called “concurrent filing.” Immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen may be able to file concurrently. Also, other certain classes of individuals who have a visa immediately available may be able to file concurrently. Most categories, however, require that you first establish your eligibility for the immigrant category by having an approved petition before you are allowed to file Form I-485, for these categories you will not be able to file concurrently.

4. File Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residency or Adjust Status

Regardless of whether a petition must be filed and approved prior to your filing Form I-485 or whether it may be filed concurrently, you will need to apply for permanent residence on Form I-485 at the appropriate time.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

When applying for adjustment of status for a family member you file form i-130. Though, the original poster has still not clarified what they are trying to ask....

EDIT: Admitedly, I am not familiar with this process.... I just always try to help anyone from Colombia if they post questions...

I am familiar with the process. If you are not familiar with the process, then you shouldn't answer. You are incorrect.

Those adjusting from a K-1/K-2 do NOT file an I-130. A K-1 falls under Green Card Through Special Categories of Family.

See the I-485 instructions(Page 4 #10 B.) > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Also, read through this page > http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/k-nonimmigrant

Note: Those applying based on K-1 or K-2 status will not need a Form I-130 filed on their behalf.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I am familiar with the process. If you are not familiar with the process, then you shouldn't answer. You are incorrect.

Those adjusting from a K-1/K-2 do NOT file an I-130. A K-1 falls under Green Card Through Special Categories of Family.

See the I-485 instructions(Page 4 #10 B.) > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Also, read through this page > http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/k-nonimmigrant

Note: Those applying based on K-1 or K-2 status will not need a Form I-130 filed on their behalf.

Look, First of all...

I did not say that a K1/K2 files an I-130.....READ WHAT I SAID...They (petitioner and fiancee) are not family yet because they are not married yet. My comment regarding why someone would file an i-130 was directed at you. See the quotations and my reply to you? It is unclear if the original poster is married or not.... The original post does not offer much in this regard and the timeline is not filled in...

Secondly, the USCIS website was linked to help provide the original post more information, to include why someone would file an i-130.

Third, The original post is kind of confusing because the way it was worded: It sounds like she intended for a K2 petition for her son, but yet was approved with an I-130.... Confusing, no?

Lastly, as I said previously.. The I-130 petition For a Spouse, or family member, must be approved prior to filling the adjustment of status

Hence me asking for clarificaiton... trying to understand in her natural languge.

Feel free to help...... and contribute

I certainly will, and theres not a damn thing you can do about it......

If I give incorrect information due to lack of personal experience, then correct me. But clearly you don't know the process very well yourself.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

Look, First of all...

I did not say that a K1/K2 files an I-130.....READ WHAT I SAID...They (petitioner and fiancee) are not family yet because they are not married yet. My comment regarding why someone would file an i-130 was directed at you. See the quotations and my reply to you? It is unclear if the original poster is married or not.... The original post does not offer much in this regard and the timeline is not filled in...

Secondly, the USCIS website was linked to help provide the original post more information, to include why someone would file an i-130.

Third, The original post is kind of confusing because the way it was worded: It sounds like she intended for a K2 petition for her son, but yet was approved with an I-130.... Confusing, no?

Lastly, as I said previously.. The I-130 petition For a Spouse, or family member, must be approved prior to filling the adjustment of status

Hence me asking for clarificaiton... trying to understand in her natural languge.

Feel free to help...... and contribute

I certainly will, and theres not a damn thing you can do about it......

If I give incorrect information due to lack of personal experience, then correct me. But clearly you don't know the process very well yourself.

You look,

You have attempted to 'correct' me twice now(here and in another post in the K-1 forum) with wrong information. Wrong information helps no one. Others that actually know the answers just have to come along and clean up the mess of confusion your incorrect info leaves behind.

I did read what you posted. That is obvious. You tried to tell me that those applying for AOS do file an I-130, and I told you that you are incorrect because those applying for AOS from a K-1/K-2 do not file an I-130. End of story.

The OP posted in the forum for AOS from a K visa and they clearly typed out, "I'm applying for my adjustment of status visa k-1 and k-2 visa...". That part was not confusing. The part that was confusing was the mention of the I-130, which is why I asked why they filed the I-130 because it is not needed for AOS from a K-1/K-2, and sometimes people don't follow the instructions and know what forms they need to send. The OP would not be the first one to needlessly file an I-130 when applying for AOS from a K-1/K-2 visa.

You came along to 'correct' me about how they need an I-130 and quoted source info about those adjusting from visas other than K-1 visas. I know who needs to file an I-130 for AOS and who does not. My question was directed solely at the OP.

You are again stating(in bold font even) that they will need an I-130 prior to filing for AOS, even though I posted the links to the correct source info for you above.

I know the process very well. The more you type, the more you prove that you do not. They cannot file for AOS before being married. If they entered with a K-1 or K-2 and married within 90 days of entry, then they will not, ever, need an I-130.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The bickering with knowledgeable members stops now. Administrative action has been taken.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.