mussim0000

How much time does it take to receive Green Card after entering to Us?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I entered US on 17th April. My wife paid Green Card Fees on 3rd April.

#How much time it will take to have Green Card??

i went to Social Security Office After 5 days of entry, and he asked if u have work permit or not?? I dnt have any idea abt that bt i told yes i have. He went inside and checked, and told Yes u have.. I just took my Passport coz i gave all my documents on POE. I dnt know what other document they are asking in SSO.. And he told me to come after 10 days. After almost 12 days we went again and this time lady was there. She also asked same about Work Permit and documents. She also went inside and checked and came back and asked me my greencard. I told i have applied. She told me that bring your green card then only u can apply... I dnt know what kind of staffs they keep on such offices....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I entered US on 17th April. My wife paid Green Card Fees on 3rd April.

#How much time it will take to have Green Card??

i went to Social Security Office After 5 days of entry, and he asked if u have work permit or not?? I dnt have any idea abt that bt i told yes i have. He went inside and checked, and told Yes u have.. I just took my Passport coz i gave all my documents on POE. I dnt know what other document they are asking in SSO.. And he told me to come after 10 days. After almost 12 days we went again and this time lady was there. She also asked same about Work Permit and documents. She also went inside and checked and came back and asked me my greencard. I told i have applied. She told me that bring your green card then only u can apply... I dnt know what kind of staffs they keep on such offices....

I received my green card within two weeks of arrival. They took my finger print and signature at POE. Once visited to SSO, I receive my SSN within 1 week of time. It shouldn't take so long.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need the GC to apply for a SS#. They just need your passport with the visa and entry stamp and your original birth certificate and original marriage certificate (if you're a female using your married name). That's all that was asked from me when I went to the SSA office.

You can check my signature for my timelines.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

its been five months for me too and no green card yet..

i simply paid the fees online as per instructions and didnt go to any local office to apply for it in person...

07/23/13 - I130 Package Sent

07/27/13 - NOA1

11/18/13 - NOA2

12/16/13 - NVC received Case

01/13/14 - NVC Assigned Case Number, BIN and IIN

01/13/14 - Electronic Processing Request Sent

01/15/14 - DS-261 Available and completed

01/16/14 - AOS bill invoice available and paid

01/17/14 - Electronic Processing Request Accepted

02/03/14 - AOS E-Mailed

02/01/14 - IV bill invoice available and paid

02/04/14 - DS-260 Available and completed

02/04/14 - IV package emailed

04/07/14 - Case Complete

04/08/14 - Medical Complete

04/13/14 - Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.