616 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I'm sure it has already been answered, but once you have the case number can he call and set up and interview at the embassy or does he have to wait for papers? Also, when and where do I send in the form for the financial support affidavit? With so much going on I can't keep it all straight. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Did your embassy have an estimate as to when you can interview? Hope you don't wait long.

How frustrating how we can get held up at any point of this process.

Van!

My birth certificate has arrived. I resign tomorrow. I'll be home at the end of August. So I'll have my interview scheduled for the beginning of September. I'm so happy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

congrats! everyone that received their NOA2. I am thankful to God to say that i am one of you now. I got the mail on July 24, stating that we been approved and the case is on its way to NVC. We should wait 30 days to contact them. I just checked today and it have posted on the my USCIS website. To those still waiting for their NOA2 or 1, it will be your turn soon, keep faith and you will be in my prayers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I'm sure it has already been answered, but once you have the case number can he call and set up and interview at the embassy or does he have to wait for papers? Also, when and where do I send in the form for the financial support affidavit? With so much going on I can't keep it all straight. Thanks

Hi there. we are in the same boat. I was so confused about how and when to make an interview. We are going through the Sydney embassy in Australia and I have read/been told that they contact the foreign fiancé and set up the interview, but I think each embassy is different. Try to look for your embassy on the forums and see what others who are going there have to say. Also, it's my understanding that you mail the affidavit of support to the foreign fiancé and they bring it with them to the interview.

Hope that helps a little.

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

So I am wondering about the I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member form.

("Purpose of Form- This contract is intended to benefit the sponsored immigrant(s) and any agency of the Federal Government, any agency of a State or local government, or any private entity to which the sponsor has an obligation under the affidavit of support to reimburse for benefits granted to the sponsored immigrant. This contract may be enforced in any court with appropriate jurisdiction. By signing this form, a household member who is not a sponsored immigrant, agrees to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the immigrant for whom the sponsor has filed an affidavit of support.")

I am living in my parents home and my fiance will be moving into this home with us. It is me, my mother, step-father and will include my fiance. Should we fill out this form? We will be living rent free. My step-father is going to be our co-sponsor for the affidavit of support. Should my mother and step-father fill this form out since they are agreeing to let my fiance live in their home rent-free? Since technically that is financial support.... My fiance and I will never have to reimburse my parents for this but I am just curious if anyone else has ever used this form to show an agreement of support..?

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

guys i neeeddd help...i dont have much money in my bank account right now..like 2k..and my tax income is 22k..i just dont think that it would be enough for them:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all!

So I am wondering about the I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member form. ("Purpose of Form- This contract is intended to benefit the sponsored immigrant(s) and any agency of the Federal Government, any agency of a State or local government, or any private entity to which the sponsor has an obligation under the affidavit of support to reimburse for benefits granted to the sponsored immigrant. This contract may be enforced in any court with appropriate jurisdiction. By signing this form, a household member who is not a sponsored immigrant, agrees to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the immigrant for whom the sponsor has filed an affidavit of support.")

I am living in my parents home and my fiance will be moving into this home with us. It is me, my mother, step-father and will include my fiance. Should we fill out this form? We will be living rent free. My step-father is going to be our co-sponsor for the affidavit of support. Should my mother and step-father fill this form out since they are agreeing to let my fiance live in their home rent-free? Since technically that is financial support.... My fiance and I will never have to reimburse my parents for this but I am just curious if anyone else has ever used this form to show an agreement of support..?

The i184 is only needed for the adjustment of status phase. For the k1 interview you'll need the i134, one for you and one for the co sponsor.

I suggest you use the search bar here at VJ in order to get more information about both types.

Timeline

Received our NOA case number that begins with WAC on June 15. Said we should hear next step by July 15th. Nothing yet. Any suggestions?

The letters wac on your receipt means your i129f petition was routed to the csc (California service center) and they'll be dealing with your papers.

You can hear back from them really soon, or maybe not, there's no way of predicting the exact date. There are people waiting since early April at csc.

The "normal" processing time of your petition, as stated by uscis, is within 5 months, so... Hang in there. Patience will be your best friend on this journey.

Good luck!

Timeline

guys i neeeddd help...i dont have much money in my bank account right now..like 2k..and my tax income is 22k..i just dont think that it would be enough for them:(

breathe. And go read the poverty guidelines and the i134 information.

From what's there, you'll need an income of $19,912 for a household of 2 people (assuming it's just you and your fiance). Get on with gathering the necessary documents to support the i134 (tax returns, transcripts, bank letter, employer letter and such).

I've read here that some people are not even asked to present the form in the Philippines. I suggest you go to your regional forum to get acquainted with your country's embassy procedures so you can calm down.

Timeline

breathe. And go read the poverty guidelines and the i134 information.

From what's there, you'll need an income of $19,912 for a household of 2 people (assuming it's just you and your fiance). Get on with gathering the necessary documents to support the i134 (tax returns, transcripts, bank letter, employer letter and such).

I've read here that some people are not even asked to present the form in the Philippines. I suggest you go to your regional forum to get acquainted with your country's embassy procedures so you can calm down.

some people are trying to scare me it wont be enough.and they would need a co sponsor for my petition...i have a letter of employement already and tax returns..tHank you for the reply!!GB YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I wonder, I checked the USCIS website, it says it is approved. But it never says anything about mailing or transferring our case to NVC. What does this mean????

I also emailed to NVC by filling in the form, did not see anything return to me yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Van!

My birth certificate has arrived. I resign tomorrow. I'll be home at the end of August. So I'll have my interview scheduled for the beginning of September. I'm so happy!

Yay!!! That is great news :joy: How do you go about scheduling the interview? Did they email you package 3 and 4 or email your fiancee?

Our case left NVC today,, finally.. 17 days there. I found out that they randomly pick cases to undergo "administrative processing" and run additional background checks on and my case was picked. :sleepy:

So glad to be moving forward :joy:

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

I wonder, I checked the USCIS website, it says it is approved. But it never says anything about mailing or transferring our case to NVC. What does this mean????

I also emailed to NVC by filling in the form, did not see anything return to me yet.

The USCIS website never updated on my case after it was approved. No notice of it being sent to NVC, no letter from NVC. I emailed NVC after my NOA2 and they never responded. Your best bet is to call NVC.

Good luck!

Edited by VAN2015

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Timeline

It is frustrating! Have you called NVC yet?

It took 3 weeks for my case to get from California to NVC and it is still sitting at NVC now :clock::mellow: Our case was approved June 18th.

Hope things go quicker for you!

Yes I call NVC every two days. NVC tells me it can take 35 days for USCIS to send the petition to them. I called USCIS and they tell me it can take 90 days for NVC to get it in their system. It is obvious they are both just trying to put me off. USCIS will not open a service request on my petition until day 31. It is now 28 days and I have not received NOA2 and NVC has not received the petition. I will be calling them at 8 AM Friday morning to get the service request opened. :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.