Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2015

701 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey folks,

i just noticed that it shows a visa class after u log in at the ceac site. now im kinda confused (once again), so my visa class is cr1-Applicant is spouse of a U.S. citizen for less than two years.

but my daughters case is ir2-Applicant is minor child of a U.S. citizen.

shouldnt she be ir1-Applicant is minor child of a U.S. citizen for less than two years

we're married for less than 2 years and she is his stepchild, should i call? is this right?

Timeline

I was half asleep typing lol. NVC receive 4/27

Case# assigned 5/8

IIN assigned 5/8

When can i log in? Thanks for all your help and i couldn't have done it without the VJ family

u should be able to log in some time nxt week

hey folks,

i just noticed that it shows a visa class after u log in at the ceac site. now im kinda confused (once again), so my visa class is cr1-Applicant is spouse of a U.S. citizen for less than two years.

but my daughters case is ir2-Applicant is minor child of a U.S. citizen.

shouldnt she be ir1-Applicant is minor child of a U.S. citizen for less than two years

we're married for less than 2 years and she is his stepchild, should i call? is this right?

IR-1/CR-1 is for spouses

IR-2/CR-2 are for children of spouses

IR-5 are for parents

I believe in your case, the daughter should be listed as a CR-2 and not an IR-2 (since you've been married under 2 years), but I'm not 100% positive when it comes with children. Either way, it's not really a big deal at all. Just confirm with them at the interview the visa types. No need to waste NVC's time.

Guys let me tell you NVC reviewed my documentos in 9 days yes 9. Which was not good to me cuz at the time they reviewed it I had not ds-260 available on CEAC yet. I filled out my ds-260 on April 29th as soon as it was able. So thats why they sent me a fake checklist on May 7th. So that,´s why I did not get case complete in 9 days :crying:

Gonna call everyday until day review my ds-260. Hope they review it before May 20th so I can have my interview on July.

Todays is been 10 days since I filled my ds-260, Do u think they review it before May 20th? how long have they taken to review only ur ds-260??

Wish me luck guys.

Good Luck to all of you. :clock:

1. Yes, it states right there your case was approved (bolded for emphasis).

2. No, it just expedites at that stage, the USCIS stage in this case.

3. Read the first post in this thread.

Thank you so much for your reply!

I went through your NVC wiki, it was quite comprehensive and easy for a newbie to get his head around!

I am confused on a couple of points

My wife is a USC by birth but she moved back to Pakistan when she was 4 years old and has been here in Pakistan since then. She only visited the US 3 times, twice in her summer vacations during school. The last time was when we went there together, stayed for 5 months gave our exams and did some other stuff. Currently she has

1. Bank account in the US

2. Credit Card in the US

3. Illinois State ID

4. Bank Statements and Credit Card statements all on her US mailing address

She doesn't own the house we listed as our mailing address, or cousin owns it but we use it as our US mailing address for everything USCIS related.

She tried a voter registration but the deadline was march 11th and we were late by 1 week

will these things be enough to establish domicile? because we she is currently in Pakistan for another 3 months then she is moving to the States permanently but will be staying with relatives so we wont be leasing any properties

One last thing she does have a temporary Pakistani Visa stamped on her passport that states her maximum permitted period of stay is 3 months. Would that be of any help?

Do we need any other documents?

Edited by SabeehNajam

Timeline

IR-1/CR-1 is for spouses

IR-2/CR-2 are for children of spouses

IR-5 are for parents

I believe in your case, the daughter should be listed as a CR-2 and not an IR-2 (since you've been married under 2 years), but I'm not 100% positive when it comes with children. Either way, it's not really a big deal at all. Just confirm with them at the interview the visa types. No need to waste NVC's time.

ok,thx

im not eager to waste nvc's time at all :D

Thank you so much for your reply!

I went through your NVC wiki, it was quite comprehensive and easy for a newbie to get his head around!

I am confused on a couple of points

My wife is a USC by birth but she moved back to Pakistan when she was 4 years old and has been here in Pakistan since then. She only visited the US 3 times, twice in her summer vacations during school. The last time was when we went there together, stayed for 5 months gave our exams and did some other stuff. Currently she has

1. Bank account in the US

2. Credit Card in the US

3. Illinois State ID

4. Bank Statements and Credit Card statements all on her US mailing address

She doesn't own the house we listed as our mailing address, or cousin owns it but we use it as our US mailing address for everything USCIS related.

She tried a voter registration but the deadline was march 11th and we were late by 1 week

will these things be enough to establish domicile? because we she is currently in Pakistan for another 3 months then she is moving to the States permanently but will be staying with relatives so we wont be leasing any properties

One last thing she does have a temporary Pakistani Visa stamped on her passport that states her maximum permitted period of stay is 3 months. Would that be of any help?

Do we need any other documents?

It may be enough, I don't know how strict Pakistan is for domicile. If nothing else can be obtained from the list in the wiki, then go with what you have, and you'll just have to see what the officers at the interview say.

I am also waiting for NVC to review DS260 , I submitted it april 1st,

its been 40 days now!!

Everytime we call, they say wait wait wait...

I wish you good luck :)

Guys let me tell you NVC reviewed my documentos in 9 days yes 9. Which was not good to me cuz at the time they reviewed it I had not ds-260 available on CEAC yet. I filled out my ds-260 on April 29th as soon as it was able. So thats why they sent me a fake checklist on May 7th. So that,´s why I did not get case complete in 9 days :crying:

Gonna call everyday until day review my ds-260. Hope they review it before May 20th so I can have my interview on July.

Todays is been 10 days since I filled my ds-260, Do u think they review it before May 20th? how long have they taken to review only ur ds-260??

Wish me luck guys.

Good Luck to all of you. :clock:

I-130: Texas center

• 130 sent: 08/15/2014
  • 130 approved :12/12/214
  • NVC case number recieved: 02/17/2015
  • DS261:02/17/2015
  • AOS paid:02/18/2015
  • package sent: 03/02/2015
  • IV bill invoiced: 03/27/2015
  • IV paid: 03/28/2015
  • DS260 : 04/01/2015
  • Scan date: 03/3/2015
  • checklist: 04/02/2015 for fee payment
  • Case complete: 05/20/2015
  • interview scheduled: 06/03/2015
  • P4 email: 06/10/2015
  • Interview date: 07/29/2015 APPROVED

ROC- Vermont center

• 7/17/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/21/2017: NOA
  • 8/20/2017: Biometrics Date
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 8/11/2018: New Extension letter
  • 8/28/2018: Approved

N-400 - Boston office/ online 

• 8/08/2018Filled
  • 8/30/2018: Biometrics Date
  • 11/07/2018: Interview scheduled 
  • 12/15/2018: Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everybody!!!

How long is taking nvc to get cc after a checklist?? I dont wanna wait another 28 days ?

You have no choice than to wait. We are all still waiting for our CC after a checklist. My SD for CL was 04/24....and some CL Scan dates are before me. So

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Dont tell me that pls ???

I thought it was gonna be around 15 days or so... well lets see if u get cc on this week!!! Thanks for answering me...good luck on your case ?

Hey my journey fellas,

Any cc's received lately ? I am waiting for mine since the CL was sent and received by NVC.

Good luck peeps.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.