Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks Russ and Caro :) I would agree and thanks for making this thread so we could unite and get threw it I will countine to keep and eye On Here for future colombianas going thru the processo :)

Timeline

Amen there is a god status updated to issued today wohooo thanks for all your prayers guys they worked now to Esot for them to send it and where good lol

Congrats-just checked in to see how it was going for you!

Timeline

Hey yeah last time in the last group russandcaro had advised to stay away from this Monica advising that she is the worse dr [

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/546895-colombia-are-you-waiting-for-scheduling-of-interview-in-bogota/page-13

About 5 or 6 of us working to get our visas approved through the Bogota consulate, tracked our journey in the above thread. A few of us posted doctor reviews approximately around page 4. If you read my review, you will avoid a certain Dr Monica. She was the worst. Good luck!

quote name="andres&lina" post="7743442" timestamp="1438132571]

Does anyone have experience with Dr monica. Was she a good doctor. She is definitely giving my wife a very hard time.

Timeline

Hey everone does anyone know if at the finger print appt before the interview is there another fee for that or is that included in the fees that we already paid to nvc ...and Also the visa fee after you get approved at your appt .. I know it says you have pay for this before you travel to the U.S. online with Uscis but how True is this and I called them and they said it takes 30days to process is that a fact ?? Not approved yet but Just curious

Wait? A fingerprint appointment? Before the interview? I don't recall reading anything about that. Could you expand on that please?

Timeline

Wait? A fingerprint appointment? Before the interview? I don't recall reading anything about that. Could you expand on that please?

you need to register your apoinment with the embassy, you Create an account, select your dhl passport delivery options and set up a biometrics appointment prior to the interview. I don't believe it has a cost but I am not sure yet as my appointment for fingerprints is next week. like, I will try keep you posted.

Timeline

Yeah I freaked out to when I heard you do have to have a biometric finger point appointment before your interview at the embajada once they assign your appointment date for interview you go in to the appointment center site to register for your DHL you will have to pick a date for the bio metric finger print appointment it usually like a day couple days before you actually interview ..they only allow you to pick out of two days depending on when your interview is (like on the calander its blacked out only let you pick days they a lot to you )it quick less then ten min in and out people there are very helpful as well when my husband went there ...there was a gentalman who didn't hVe an appointment and the office lady helped him register one they are open Saturday to I pretty sure there no extra charge just make sure you bring copy page of the fee you paid to NVC That fee includes this appointment hope thAt helps (make sure to not book Any plan ticket till you have both appointment in place I made that mistake ;))

Timeline

You guys saved our lives! I am so grateful for this group. We would have totally missed that detail.

Did you guys read in the 3/4 packet about the $230 non-refundable application fee? What is that? Wouldn't that have been the IV application fee of $325? That we had to pay before being allowed to submit an application?

Timeline

So after the medical apoinment with Dr monica, she decided to give my daughter's papers to my wife to take to the embassy, but my wife's paperwork is being forwarded directly to the embassy. My wife told me that she wast told that during the translation, they put her name incorrectly. I really hope this doctor does not make our appointment more complicated.

Timeline

Case closed (I think) as of July 29th, but with a second checklist. They said to bring the corrected items to the interview (but no date yet) rather than submit it to the NVC again. My hope is that everything can be finished by November so that I can attend the interview, too and we can all go home together.

Thanks to Russ & Caro for creating this thread. It seems that it takes about two months after the case closed. Did it take less or more time for anyone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You guys saved our lives! I am so grateful for this group. We would have totally missed that detail.

Did you guys read in the 3/4 packet about the $230 non-refundable application fee? What is that? Wouldn't that have been the IV application fee of $325? That we had to pay before being allowed to submit an application?

We went through the CR-1 process which differs from the K-1. I believe the fees are different. Packet 3 instructions, I believe, apply to K-1. You might want to check the K-1 guides on this forum on fees.

So after the medical apoinment with Dr monica, she decided to give my daughter's papers to my wife to take to the embassy, but my wife's paperwork is being forwarded directly to the embassy. My wife told me that she wast told that during the translation, they put her name incorrectly. I really hope this doctor does not make our appointment more complicated.

I hope so, too. In the end, Dr Monica did submit the necessary forms to the embassy so she may be lazy, but apparently not corrupt - unless she's taking kickbacks from the psychiatrist that she refers so many patients to.

Case closed (I think) as of July 29th, but with a second checklist. They said to bring the corrected items to the interview (but no date yet) rather than submit it to the NVC again. My hope is that everything can be finished by November so that I can attend the interview, too and we can all go home together.

Thanks to Russ & Caro for creating this thread. It seems that it takes about two months after the case closed. Did it take less or more time for anyone?

I think 2 months is the optimistic estimate, that is, 1.5 months from cc to interview date, 2 weeks from interview to visa-in-hand. I think a realistic average is more like 3 months, assuming no extra requests from the embassy or any system delays/outages. Good luck kristinaa.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi. Is there anything one can do to get an interview time if it states that none are currently available?

I wanted to know if anyone else is waiting for an interview time in Bogota and if so how long have you been waiting?

Thanks.

Timeline

Thanks for the response, Russ & Caro.

mm77, you might want to check out the K-1 statistics, http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.phpand the K-1 forum. I think most, or all people in this thread applied for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

Hi there everyone,

Called NVC yesterday and we received our new case number. Ceac website shows that our case is ready for scheduling for interview.

So far we have not received any hardcopy mails (with exception of NOA1).

I'm a little confused about what happens next. Will US Embassy Bogota be sending any hardcopy mails to beneficiary from this point? Will they be reaching out to us now? Fiance lives in Curacao and will be travelling to Bogota for medical and interview (US Consulate in Curacao does not handle K visas)

Hope someone can help us out with some info.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.