Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Also waiting :( hope dhl gets on it soon guys apparently when you jump one hurdle there throw ten more at you we are still in ap status last case up date 7/2 don't even know why any more since we sent all info they requested and embassy has still not responded to our emails :losing faith if this we'll ever get completed ::

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

DHL called back and they found the tracking information for my wife's visa. It will be ready for pickup on Thursday in Cali.

So thank you lopezgallo for outlining the steps you used to get your daughter's visa.

It's clear that DHL is accepting passports from the embassy and readying them for shipment, but they are super slow to send that "mythical" email informing applicants/petitioners of the tracking numbers for these shipments. Calling DHL seems to be the fastest way to get a response.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

Also waiting :( hope dhl gets on it soon guys apparently when you jump one hurdle there throw ten more at you we are still in ap status last case up date 7/2 don't even know why any more since we sent all info they requested and embassy has still not responded to our emails :losing faith if this we'll ever get completed ::

lilygirl1129, you have to be positive. It is the last step! focus on the positive and soon you will be done! our prayers continue for you!

DHL called back and they found the tracking information for my wife's visa. It will be ready for pickup on Thursday in Cali.

So thank you lopezgallo for outlining the steps you used to get your daughter's visa.

It's clear that DHL is accepting passports from the embassy and readying them for shipment, but they are super slow to send that "mythical" email informing applicants/petitioners of the tracking numbers for these shipments. Calling DHL seems to be the fastest way to get a response.

Great Russ&Caro, I'm so happy for you!!

Timeline

No luck with DHL for us, my husband called the embassy and was told to email the address listed under "document delivery issues" from this link...

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/niv/information/contact_us

Still waiting for a reply on that

Sanama, hope you receive an answer soon. Let us know!

Timeline

Thanks goodness u got an answer congrats Russ and cAro and thanks lopezgallo appreciate the prayers it gets so hard some times happy for everone who finally able to travel congrats U guys ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (Heart) can't wait to never have to wake up ever morning to check updates lol more like ever sec ;)

lilygirl1129, you have to be positive. It is the last step! focus on the positive and soon you will be done! our prayers continue for you!

Great Russ&Caro, I'm so happy for you!!

Timeline

So just for my info, what time lapse am I looking at from interview to passport delivery? Looks like you guys are having a heck of a time with dhl.

Timeline

So just for my info, what time lapse am I looking at from interview to passport delivery? Looks like you guys are having a heck of a time with dhl.

andres&lina, in this moment is very difficult to establish an average of time. For us, the interview was on June 11th, and my passport was delivered on June 30th and my daughter's yesterday July 6th. But it was because of the delay in printing the visas and now the delay in delivery. The average time before all of these delays was 10 days to 2 weeks.

Timeline

Assuming the tracking info is right, it will have taken 36 days for us. However, lots of problems emerged for our case with the system going down for 21 days and then the embassy working off a backlog and presumably DHL working off a giant backlog. So I would assume the standard wait for you, i.e. 14 days or so.

Oh, and all the flippin' Colombia and US holidays. There was probably 4 holidays during those 36 where the offices were closed.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Timeline

Great news! It is really frustrating that we wait so long and now it seems no one knows where the passport is!

Glad you found an answer...did you email dhl colombia facebook as lopegallo recommended or use a different number? Customer service keeps telling my husband they can't do anything without a tracking number....and no response from embassy yet

Timeline

Great news! It is really frustrating that we wait so long and now it seems no one knows where the passport is!

Glad you found an answer...did you email dhl colombia facebook as lopegallo recommended or use a different number? Customer service keeps telling my husband they can't do anything without a tracking number....and no response from embassy yet

From my wife's description, I think this was her process:

1. She sent email to the DHL facebook page. No answer

2. She called embassy, they told her to wait but offered that she could call DHL

3. She called DHL Bogota #, they said she needed to wait for email. They didn't have any tracking info.

4. She called embassy again and pressed them hard. The guy said she needed to wait another 2 weeks.

After my wife responded to that piece of advice, the guy might have felt his life was in danger. He said he would see what he could do.

5. She received a call back from DHL. They asked for the same info they asked of lopezgallo, and told her they would do some research and call her back in the afternoon.

6. About 3 hours later, DHL called back with the tracking info saying it would be received in their Cali office Thurs afternoon.

I think you really have to press the embassy to press DHL.

Timeline

Thank you Russ&Caro and Lopezgallo. I figured that it would be something like that. I am really sorry that you guys are having such a difficult time with your passports. I rely hope that dhl brings good news for all of you soon.

Timeline

From my wife's description, I think this was her process:

1. She sent email to the DHL facebook page. No answer

2. She called embassy, they told her to wait but offered that she could call DHL

3. She called DHL Bogota #, they said she needed to wait for email. They didn't have any tracking info.

4. She called embassy again and pressed them hard. The guy said she needed to wait another 2 weeks.

After my wife responded to that piece of advice, the guy might have felt his life was in danger. He said he would see what he could do.

5. She received a call back from DHL. They asked for the same info they asked of lopezgallo, and told her they would do some research and call her back in the afternoon.

6. About 3 hours later, DHL called back with the tracking info saying it would be received in their Cali office Thurs afternoon.

I think you really have to press the embassy to press DHL.

Thanks so much...we got two emails. One autoreply from "ASA Yatri" saying it would take 3-4 days to respond and the other was the long awaited tracking email! So we know now the passport should be leaving Bogota tonight or in the morning on the way to Cartagena to be picked up! Hope you all get your emails soon too.

Timeline

Thanks so much...we got two emails. One autoreply from "ASA Yatri" saying it would take 3-4 days to respond and the other was the long awaited tracking email! So we know now the passport should be leaving Bogota tonight or in the morning on the way to Cartagena to be picked up! Hope you all get your emails soon too.

Finally!! congrats! :)

Timeline

My wife finally has her passport/visa in her hands. We had it sent to the Cali DHL office where she had to wait in a long line before they finally gave it to her. She'll be traveling to the US on Monday. Whew!

Lilygirl, keep the pressure on the embassy, by phone. It seems to be the only way to get them to move. I hope they will resolve your issue very soon and your spouse can join the rest of us, living here in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.