Russ&Caro

Colombia - are you waiting for scheduling of interview in Bogota?

261 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations Russ and caro so happy for you guys ️awesome that finally you guys will be reunited ;) yea im trying they responded saying it being reviewed by c/o hopefully they will ge on it I really don't understand y this could even take so long sighhh ....they must not like us cause I had our joint sponsor email them which that is consider a 3rd party about wheAther they could confirm that all is received and can you believe to them they the actually responded I couldn't Beliave it but to me and my husband no response to are countless email I really really really can't wait for this nightmare to be over all I can do is pray and hope they have some compassion and process the rest soon congrats everone enjoy your time (heart)

My wife finally has her passport/visa in her hands. We had it sent to the Cali DHL office where she had to wait in a long line before they finally gave it to her. She'll be traveling to the US on Monday. Whew!

Lilygirl, keep the pressure on the embassy, by phone. It seems to be the only way to get them to move. I hope they will resolve your issue very soon and your spouse can join the rest of us, living here in the US.

Timeline

Amen there is a god status updated to issued today wohooo thanks for all your prayers guys they worked now to Esot for them to send it and where good lol

Edited by lilygirl1129

Timeline

My wife finally has her passport/visa in her hands. We had it sent to the Cali DHL office where she had to wait in a long line before they finally gave it to her. She'll be traveling to the US on Monday. Whew!

Lilygirl, keep the pressure on the embassy, by phone. It seems to be the only way to get them to move. I hope they will resolve your issue very soon and your spouse can join the rest of us, living here in the US.

Congrats!

Timeline

Amen there is a god status updated to issued today wohooo thanks for all your prayers guys they worked now to Esot for them to send it and where good lol

Congrats lilygirl1129, hopefully you won't have delay with HDL and next week yo'll receive you passport. Good way to begin this weekend!

Timeline

Congrats lilygirl1129, hopefully you won't have delay with HDL and next week yo'll receive you passport. Good way to begin this weekend!

Timeline

I know I was so happy shocked so how long did take for dhl to send your stuff ? And did ever explain why the delay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations, lilygirl! I'm so happy for you guys. We've all been through so much but it's so nice to see visas being issued. Now the good part starts when we can start making arrangements to see our spouses again.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

Hi guys,

Im new & just found this thread, I wanted to share may experience/dates on this journey.

My husbands interview was June 16, 2015, thank god everything went very good, it only lasted 5 minutes. His status on the website remained "ready" for so long. Here is the summary with dates.

June 16: interview, visa approved

June 24: status "ready" but date updated

After June 24, status remained "ready" but date was updated everyday

July 3: administrative processing

July 6: visa issued

July 14: received email stating passport ready to pick up & tracking #

July 15: morning appointment to pick up passport

As soon as my husband has passport on hand I will be buying flight, his POE will be NY JFK.

Note: on the email it said i need to make appointment to pickup passport, which I did right away on the US visa website, my husband will be pickinh up passport at Bogota ASC.

Every day I called the US visa # 1 (703) 249-4652 to asked for passport status, to get un contact with an actual person and to an automatic system press as follow... Dial 1 for english, then dial 3 for immigrant visa, then 4, then 1 to speak to a represantative... They will ask for passport number & name of applicant.

Best of luck to everyone

Timeline

Hi guys,

Im new & just found this thread, I wanted to share may experience/dates on this journey.

My husbands interview was June 16, 2015, thank god everything went very good, it only lasted 5 minutes. His status on the website remained "ready" for so long. Here is the summary with dates.

June 16: interview, visa approved

June 24: status "ready" but date updated

After June 24, status remained "ready" but date was updated everyday

July 3: administrative processing

July 6: visa issued

July 14: received email stating passport ready to pick up & tracking #

July 15: morning appointment to pick up passport

As soon as my husband has passport on hand I will be buying flight, his POE will be NY JFK.

Note: on the email it said i need to make appointment to pickup passport, which I did right away on the US visa website, my husband will be pickinh up passport at Bogota ASC.

Every day I called the US visa # 1 (703) 249-4652 to asked for passport status, to get un contact with an actual person and to an automatic system press as follow... Dial 1 for english, then dial 3 for immigrant visa, then 4, then 1 to speak to a represantative... They will ask for passport number & name of applicant.

Best of luck to everyone

Thanks for sharing your story/timeline. And congratulations! Looks like your husband will be arriving very soon.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Timeline

Hey guys does anyone know if the site where we registerd for our finger print affect your information when they visa print , reason why I ask is I just realized my husband birth year is incorrect in that site I tryed to update it but it won't let me I called the call center and I gotten so many different answers some say yes some day no other told me to email... on wheather it affect it or not.I emailed embassy no response yet .also emailed the info sites for the appoinment service so they can change it no response from them yet ....soo does anyone on her have an idea on where they pull data in his interview and on ds-260 form it is all correct just there if anyone has any idea any info is appreciated hope eveone is enjoying there time ?:)

Timeline

Tracking email finally received... I bet you guys Are all busy hahaja ;) I'll post for Future Colombianos waiting

Interview :June 5

Placed in AP because joint sponsor requested

Visa approved :July 10

Tracking email received:July 15

:)

Timeline

Congrats lilygirl1129! so happy for you!!!

upgrade from us: We are now in US. We travelled yesterday and our POE was Fort Lauderdale. Everything went so smoothly. In the airport, we went through residents and citizens line :) , the officer was son kind. I gave him passports and yellow envelopes. Fingerprints and picture were taken, Then we had to go to another room were the officer gave another officer the passport and envelopes. He opened the envelopes, filled some information in the computer while we were sitting. He called me and asked which which would be my direction in US and sat again. Five minutes later he called me again and told me the green cards will be received in 6 months and "you're all set".. Oh my God I wanted to cry!! I said Thank you, thank you very much! And now we are here, finally family is reunited and living our sweet dream after all this process.

For all of you waiting, never lose faith and hope for the best!

Jeremiah 29:11New Life Version (NLV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.

Timeline

Congratulations lopezgallo so happy for you and your family thank god you guys are all togther again what a great feeling it must be indeed ❤❤❤(Heart )

Update :my husband finally got his visa in hand everything on it is all correct so he will be traveling on Sat he will be home soon can't wait !!

#good luck everone always remeber stay postive during the hardest times ;)

Congrats lilygirl1129! so happy for you!!!

upgrade from us: We are now in US. We travelled yesterday and our POE was Fort Lauderdale. Everything went so smoothly. In the airport, we went through residents and citizens line :) , the officer was son kind. I gave him passports and yellow envelopes. Fingerprints and picture were taken, Then we had to go to another room were the officer gave another officer the passport and envelopes. He opened the envelopes, filled some information in the computer while we were sitting. He called me and asked which which would be my direction in US and sat again. Five minutes later he called me again and told me the green cards will be received in 6 months and "you're all set".. Oh my God I wanted to cry!! I said Thank you, thank you very much! And now we are here, finally family is reunited and living our sweet dream after all this process.

For all of you waiting, never lose faith and hope for the best!

Jeremiah 29:11New Life Version (NLV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.

Thank you andrelina U be done soon to almost at the finish line :)

So happy for you lilygirl, and thank you for posting, this is good info that I should use, after all my apoinment is soon

Timeline

Congrats lilygirl! I'm sure you'll have a happy reunion on Saturday. Well, it looks like almost everyone who was in the queue when I started this topic have received their visas. For those of you who have joined later and still have not received a visa, keep the faith and stay positive, as lilygirl advises.

I would like to register my opinion about the Bogota consulate. I would say they are better than many of the world wide embassies. The staff seems courteous. And the important thing is that they do answer phone calls and emails. They might not always have the desired answer but they are responsive. Our experience was better with the Bogota consulate than it was with either NVC or USCIS. Best of luck to all Colombianos and see you some day in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.