TabeaK

December 2014 filers (TSC) - post NOA2 approval thread

318 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Is there a difference between ready and ready at the embassy?? Where do you find ready at the embassy?

Sorry, that's what I meant. It says ready for interview when scheduled at consular section. I don't know if there's another "ready"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sorry, that's what I meant. It says ready for interview when scheduled at consular section. I don't know if there's another "ready"

Ok great - thanks :) So I guess its just waiting for packet 3 now..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think that ready means that it's electronically at the embassy and you gotta just wait for them to send you packet 3 once they receive the hard copy .. But I didn't see different "ready" when I checked :)

Our timeline:

K-1:

I-129F: Dec 3,2014 - NOA1: EMAIL Dec 18,2014 - MAIL Dec 22, 2014 - NOA2: June 30, 2015

Sent to NVC: July 10, 2015 - NVC received: July 17,2015 - Case #: July 20,2015 - Left NVC: July 23, 2015

Consulate received: July 28, 2015 - Packet 3: RECEIVED July 31,2015 - SENT Aug 2,2015 - Packet 4: Aug 3,2015

Interview: MEDICAL Sept 14,2015 - CONSULATE Sept 15,2015 - Visa in hand : Sept 17, 2015

POE PHL: Sept 25, 2015 - Wedding: Oct 5,2015 

AOS:

I-487: Oct 27,2015 - I-765:Oct 27, 2015 - I-131: NOT SENT - NOT PLANNING ON GOING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE THE USA ANYTIME SOON

NOA 1 for both I-487 and I-765: Nov 2, 2015 - in the mail Nov 7,2015

ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics for I-485 - I-765: Nov. 13, 2015 - Appointment for Biometrics: Nov. 25, 2015 01:00 PM

Request for Initial Evidence:Dec. 1, 2015 - MAIL PINK LETTER received Dec. 8,2015 - sent Dec. 9, 2015 (REQUEST FOR ANOTHER VERSION OF THE TAXES)

USCIS UPDATE: R.I.E. received on Dec. 14,2015 - Expedite for both: Jan 6, 2016

I-765 APPROVED: Jan 15,2016 - CARD and NOA in the MAIL: Jan 22,2016 - I-485 APPROVED: Feb 2 ,2016 - NOA2 in the mail Feb,6

GREEN CARD IN HAND FEB 9,2016!!!!! 

ROC :

I-751: Nov 10, 2017 (VSC)

NOA1: Nov 14,2017

Change of address: Dec 1,2017 (email NOA)

Biometrics: Dec 15,2017 

I-551 stamp: Jan 18, 2019

RFE: Jan 14,2019 - RFE Answer received on Jan 25,2019

Card being produced: Feb 13, 2019

N-400

Filed online: August 25,2020

Receipt : August 25,2020

Biometrics : Dec 14, 2020 notice that USCIS is able to reuse previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics.

Interview: June 24, 2021

Oath: June 24, 2021

Timeline

I imagine it's the actual file that is now at the embassy. I tracked mine via DHL and it was signed for at the embassy yesterday and today my case is Ready.

Sorry if this was already covered, but I just tried to search and couldn't find it. How do you track with Dhl?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry if this was already covered, but I just tried to search and couldn't find it. How do you track with Dhl?

No worries, I googled it and found a VJ entry with the following info:

dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Type in shippers reference: example: EXP 06 FEB 2015A (change it to the date you know they sent it from NVC to your respective consulate).

Date range for shipment-From: (do it a couple days before)

Date range for shipment-To: (can leave it as today's date)

and then country, select your country.

I imagine it's the actual file that is now at the embassy. I tracked mine via DHL and it was signed for at the embassy yesterday and today my case is Ready.

My "sent" date was July 31. I was never able to track my package on dhl but my case is now "ready" at the consulate. From July 31 to August 4 (today), the only shipment going to my fiance's country was departed today and to be delivered on August 6 (2 days from now). Is it weird? :)

Timeline

No worries, I googled it and found a VJ entry with the following info:

dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Type in shippers reference: example: EXP 06 FEB 2015A (change it to the date you know they sent it from NVC to your respective consulate).

Date range for shipment-From: (do it a couple days before)

Date range for shipment-To: (can leave it as today's date)

and then country, select your country.

Thank you so much! What a great trick. Mine definitely arrived at the embassy July 20 even though they said it's not there yet... what to do now?

It said it shipped from Boston. Does that sounds right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you so much! What a great trick. Mine definitely arrived at the embassy July 20 even though they said it's not there yet... what to do now?

It said it shipped from Boston. Does that sounds right?

Yeh mine said sent from Boston as well. If it says ready it means the case it ready for the interview to be scheduled so I'm not sure why you're being told it's not at the Embassy. I know the scheduling of the interview is country specific (London the interview is scheduled by the Embassy) but the Ready bit shouldn't be.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm the only one - but I am actually frustrated by how over the place everyone is on this board. And I think it's because there is no single, clear post that states a timeline as well as all the steps of what happens after you get your NOA2.

I am hoping - begging - in fact, that someone who has already scheduled their interview PLEASE post a full post about everything that happens from the time you get your NOA2 approval in an email to the time you scheduled an interview.

I know (and I'm sorry) that this is too much to ask - but this would clear so much for everyone who is somewhere in between getting their NOA2 and NVC and NVC and embassy.
There is no clarity on what is happening, and no one really answers questions fully.
I tried to post a list of questions by timeline a couple of weeks ago, but except one person - no one really answered. If this is a community of support, then I please ask those of you who are ahead in your immigration process to not forget those that are slightly behind. We are in the dark, we don't know what's going on, and we have 10 posts trying to clarify one questions that in the end gets confusing and ultimately loses meaning.

Come on guys. Please.

I'll even repost my questions on which you could expand:
1) After you get your NOA2 (email and hard copy), the next thing that happens is you get an email confirmation a few days later from the USCIS that confirms that your case has been sent to the NVC.
--- After that --- I don't actually know what happens because this is the stage we're at. So -
2) How do you track if your case has arrived at the NVC?
3) When you call the NVC, appx 10-15 days after you get an email from USCIS confirming it shipped your case, you ask for a new case number. Which technically should be assigned to you immediately on the phone?

4) After your case number is assigned to you, is your case considered 'ready' for the embassy and gets sent to the embassy THE SAME DAY? If not, how may days pass before this happens?
5) Some of you have said that once you get your case number from NVC, you can begin tracking where you case is via something called CEAC? No one explained what this is, where to find it, or how far it can track your case?
6) BECAUSE, at some point, you can't track your case via CEAC, and have to track it through DHL?
7) Then someone says, that there is some kind of a trick to tracking your case via DHL? There is no clarity on this whatsoever....
8) At some point, if you are able to track movement of your case from NVC via DHL, it gets to the embassy, and the case status goes to 'READY' - presumably this is what you see what you type your case number at the DHL site? Yes? No?
9) You then either wait for the embassy to call YOU, or YOU call the embassy and ask for packet 3?
10) Packet 3 gets sent to you, and you confirm all your paperwork is complete. This is also when you complete your DS160 form, send them a confirmation back, send them a fee payment confirmation back.
11) Embassy gets back to you and schedules your interview and medical?

Am I right? Wrong? Off?

I'm really hoping we can all work together on this to clarify all these questions for all those still waiting.

Thank you.

All of this information can be found on VJ if you take the time to look at guides and timelines. It is a community of support but most of us don't rely solely on asking other members, we also do our own research by scouring through all of the resources that this website provides.

Here is a link to the flowchart/timeline of the K1 process. Have different procedures for scheduling the medical and interview so you should try looking at their website (http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas.html) or the Canada portal on VJ (http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Canada) which will have a lot of the information you are asking for.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm the only one - but I am actually frustrated by how over the place everyone is on this board. And I think it's because there is no single, clear post that states a timeline as well as all the steps of what happens after you get your NOA2.

I am hoping - begging - in fact, that someone who has already scheduled their interview PLEASE post a full post about everything that happens from the time you get your NOA2 approval in an email to the time you scheduled an interview.

I know (and I'm sorry) that this is too much to ask - but this would clear so much for everyone who is somewhere in between getting their NOA2 and NVC and NVC and embassy.
There is no clarity on what is happening, and no one really answers questions fully.
I tried to post a list of questions by timeline a couple of weeks ago, but except one person - no one really answered. If this is a community of support, then I please ask those of you who are ahead in your immigration process to not forget those that are slightly behind. We are in the dark, we don't know what's going on, and we have 10 posts trying to clarify one questions that in the end gets confusing and ultimately loses meaning.

Come on guys. Please.

I'll even repost my questions on which you could expand:
1) After you get your NOA2 (email and hard copy), the next thing that happens is you get an email confirmation a few days later from the USCIS that confirms that your case has been sent to the NVC.
--- After that --- I don't actually know what happens because this is the stage we're at. So -
2) How do you track if your case has arrived at the NVC?
3) When you call the NVC, appx 10-15 days after you get an email from USCIS confirming it shipped your case, you ask for a new case number. Which technically should be assigned to you immediately on the phone?

4) After your case number is assigned to you, is your case considered 'ready' for the embassy and gets sent to the embassy THE SAME DAY? If not, how may days pass before this happens?
5) Some of you have said that once you get your case number from NVC, you can begin tracking where you case is via something called CEAC? No one explained what this is, where to find it, or how far it can track your case?
6) BECAUSE, at some point, you can't track your case via CEAC, and have to track it through DHL?
7) Then someone says, that there is some kind of a trick to tracking your case via DHL? There is no clarity on this whatsoever....
8) At some point, if you are able to track movement of your case from NVC via DHL, it gets to the embassy, and the case status goes to 'READY' - presumably this is what you see what you type your case number at the DHL site? Yes? No?
9) You then either wait for the embassy to call YOU, or YOU call the embassy and ask for packet 3?
10) Packet 3 gets sent to you, and you confirm all your paperwork is complete. This is also when you complete your DS160 form, send them a confirmation back, send them a fee payment confirmation back.
11) Embassy gets back to you and schedules your interview and medical?

Am I right? Wrong? Off?

I'm really hoping we can all work together on this to clarify all these questions for all those still waiting.

Thank you.

Edited by rfi087

Removal of Conditions

Package sent via FedEx - 10/01/18

Package delivered to Dallas Field Office/Received Date - 10/04/18

Text notification that case was received in Vermont - 10/10/18

NOA Dated - 10/19/18

NOA Received - 10/25/18

Biometrics Letter Dated - 11/02/18

Biometrics Letter Received - 11/10/18

Biometrics Appointment - 11/20/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi rfi087!

First of all - thank you for taking the time to respond to my post!
I worry a little bit that it came off kind of accusatory - and I didn't mean for it to. I'm actually frustrated BECAUSE i can't find the information I'm looking for.

I've been to the flow chart link many times, but it actually doesn't provide answers to the questions I posed. For example, it never actually tells you about CEAC, or what that is? It also doesn't provide specifics about how you can track your applications. Aside from one mention of DHL, it doesnt outline the process of how one goes about searching it, ect.

I've also been to the American Embassy site in Canada, mine actually the embassy in Vancouver. I've familiarized myself with it as much as I could - but again - that information is not provided. Aside from general info on K1s, and a link to download packet 3, (which I have), it doesn't actually outline the process for you in any way.

I have not seen this Canada thread, so I will definitely do some digging there to see if I find anything.

And my general question is, where are you all researching this information outside of VJ? Because the state department doesnt provide this information, USCIS doesn't provide this information, the embassy websites don't provide this information - then where are you finding it? How are you trusting your sources? Ect.

Thanks for bearing with me. I'm just trying to find my footing here, and I want to make sure I understand what's happening with our case (as you all are), every step of the way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.