spookyturtle

Imported Filipino brides share the ups and downs of settling in America

190 posts in this topic

I don't know who he's talking to. I think there's been plenty of support here for differing forms of female agency.

I'm an unabashed feminist and I'm not afraid to tell anyone that I am. I am totally cool with any woman choosing whatever path floats her boat. I'd hazard to say that most everyday feminists you meet will agree. There are feminists who will disagree, but these are not the majority.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Says you. Got a link to some stats on that? Ever hear of Hugh Hefner?

I think what Val is saying, and what people are missing is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilt_Chamberlain

He reported 20,000 sexual relationships with women and never married or had children, completely per his intention.

What the young ladies here are saying is, there's a distinct difference between a relationship and relations.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Says you. Got a link to some stats on that? Ever hear of Hugh Hefner?

hugh hefner claims to have had 1000s of relationships in his lifetime? relationships take time and emotional investment. sounds impossible to me.

And the award for the most irrelevant point in the thread goes to...

You. As always. Nothing changes much, eh?

That's a cynical misinterpretation of what feminism is.

Considering you have no inkling of the kind of woman Rlogan's wife is (for that matter, what your OWN wife is), are you one to judge? At ALL?

hugh hefner claims to have had 1000s of relationships in his lifetime? relationships take time and emotional investment. sounds impossible to me.

Does it really matter? 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000... would YOU want to be with a man who had been with that many women? Is that the kind of guy YOU want?

I doubt it. I have never met a woman who said, "Damm, I wish my man had been with a few more women before I hitched up with him." That is about the opposite of what most women want.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There's really just so much going on in this thread. I kinda feel bad for the guys now. But probably not the way they want me too. Do people ever marry for love anymore or is it all strategy?

Does it really matter? 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000... would YOU want to be with a man who had been with that many women? Is that the kind of guy YOU want?

it doesn't matter, you brought it up. promiscuous people seem to gravitate toward other promiscuous people. none of this concerns me. like marv said, i was just pointing out the difference between relationships and relations, cause vol claimed to have had 1200 relationships and know women well as a result. whew.

I doubt it. I have never met a woman who said, "Damm, I wish my man had been with a few more women before I hitched up with him." That is about the opposite of what most women want.

Dave,

What Val is saying is you can't have 1200 relationships in a lifetime. She's correct. Vol made a comment that he's had 1200 relationships with women here in the states, and several hundreds more from different countries. No doubt he means intimate contact for sure, but there's just no way you can form that many emotional ties to form a connection that would be defined as a relationship.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

ok.

There's really just so much going on in this thread. I kinda feel bad for the guys now. But probably not the way they want me too. Do people ever marry for love anymore or is it all strategy?

can you really ask that question on a site where you have to have a strategy in order to get married?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

can you really ask that question on a site where you have to have a strategy in order to get married?

Hey not all of us. I met my wife while she was visiting for a conference. Hung out with here that weekend and just never stopped. I would have thought (initially) more of these relationships would have had similar stories. This web site, if anything, has really opened my eyes to what's going on with marriage visas. I really had no idea people did stuff like this.

Semantics. And irrelevant.

While relation and relationship refer to the connection between two things, relation shades more toward the way things are connected, while relationship refers to the connection itself. The difference is not spacious.

Both can mean the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected;

in addition, relationship can mean the state of being connected.

Dave,

What Val is saying is you can't have 1200 relationships in a lifetime. She's correct. Vol made a comment that he's had 1200 relationships with women here in the states, and several hundreds more from different countries. No doubt he means intimate contact for sure, but there's just no way you can form that many emotional ties to form a connection that would be defined as a relationship.

Edited by DavenRoxy

What a narrow-minded thing to say on a visa website. What motivates you or a few does not necessarily motivate all of us.

I came here for visa advice, pure and simple. I stay because of the idiocy of a few.

ok.

Hey not all of us. I met my wife while she was visiting for a conference. Hung out with here that weekend and just never stopped. I would have thought (initially) more of these relationships would have had similar stories. This web site, if anything, has really opened my eyes to what's going on with marriage visas. I really had no idea people did stuff like this.

that's not what i meant. i didn't know anything about this stuff prior either.

What a narrow-minded thing to say on a visa website. What motivates you or a few does not necessarily motivate all of us.

I came here for visa advice, pure and simple. I stay because of the idiocy of a few.

see above.