Patrick and Lily

Bringing parents and niece of Green Card holder for visit

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a US citizen and my wife is from Peru with green card. We want to bring her parents here for a visit with a visitor's visa. I understand the procedure and that they must go to the embassy themselves. I will write a letter of invitation and I feel they have a good chance because they have money in the bank and own property in Peru.

They also want to bring along another grandaughter (my wife's niece) who is 15 years old. I can't seem to find much information on a situation like this. Should I include her in my invitation letter to the parents or write a separate invitation letter to her? Would having her included in a letter or even a simultaneous separate letter reduce the chances of the parents getting the visa if they deny the girl? Anyone have any experience on this unusual twist? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No need for the the invitation letter. But no harm either way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

An invitation letter means nothing and will not help in getting them a visitor visa They have to apply and be approved on their own merits. They need to prove strong ties to their home country such as jobs to return to, owning property, school to return to. Having money in the bank isn't a strong tie to home because money can be transferred to a U.S. bank at any time. They need solid proof convincing the consulate that they will indeed return home.

Edited by mimolicious

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.