Gorkhali

loosing my battle for India PCC - now what ?? | Desperate - Pain of Nepali passport holder living in India

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

in last 10 - 15 days, i have been to every authorities possible. And i yet have no clue ??

Note : Below is my email to Delhi's ruling party. attaching the same for you folks to read. If anyone can suggest me anything, please please help me. I am kind of tired and broke (lol) just because of PCC

Greetings of the day !!

Well this email is not the happy email. You can say a whining. In last 10 days what i have seen and faced from Delhi Government Authorities and Police makes me feel bad. Grant me your few min over this email where i am jotting down the entire experience - And that's just for your reference as you are with the government.

I need PCC and without that i can't complete my visa process to unite with my family and wife. US embassy says get it from local police station or DCP office. I went to local police station (govind puri), they referred me to DCP office. I went to DCP office and seeing how they are working makes me wonder - Is this what democracy means?? They don't show up at desk till 11 noon and it doesn't matters to them how long people are waiting for them. They come and spend time eating fruits and drinking chai and talking to their family over the resources from government. Great thing even with all these, if they had any clue about information. All they say is go to this department to that department. They even don't have clue about HAG and HAX department in their own office.

I have severe back pain trouble and i cannot stand for long hours continuously. Yes in the age of 30, i have these problems. As i was waiting for hours seeking info and as these authorities were engaging on eating and killing time, i wanted to sit down on floor because of pain; there comes the authority figure which says "man you are going to America how can you sit down on floor and make us feel guilty. Come on stand up." Well i don't have any interest to be in any of these offices all i wanted was info and procure my PCC.

I have lived in Delhi as a good citizen. I have extended help to NGO, to many homeless kids and people and even raised my voice through my extensive photography for restoration of monuments. I have not even raised my voice or hurt an animal while living in Delhi since this long. And all i want is PCC.

Anyway coming back to my misery. Finally DCP office at Sarita Vihar referred me to Special branch in Asaf ali road or told me to study website. I have already read everything available over internet and i know i cant get online and none of the guys are ready to understand. However, i came back and then called to helpline of passport office for PCC (i know its for indian only). When a computer says press 1 for english, then people expect someone speaking english.. well i was talking to a lady who was speaking hindi in typical haryanvi tone. Anyway that's not a problem because i have and i had studied sanskrit during my childhood and my communicative hindi is very good. She has no idea about difference of Indian Citizen by Birth, Descent or Naturalization. She kept on saying me as i hold passport of some other country so i should choose Descent. I gave up on explaining her. And finally when i explained her the lines which says "this form is for Indian national only" then she said go visit your mission. We can't help.

I have yet not lost my hopes. I have high hope that there is a way for a Nepali national living in India to get PCC. Every country issues PCC for any people who lives in that country for more than 12 months. Next day, my journey to Special branch was very traumatic. They don't want to listen and they have no idea about talking peacefully. One guy refers to another to another and when i explain them they simply say "its not my work." To get rid of me, one officer said "You are Pakistani and sent me to Pak section in their office." Me being adamant and shameless (i know Pak section has nothing to do with us), i went there and explained my problem and officer there were nice to say me that i am in wrong place seeking information.

Post that i again went to Passport office at Bikaji Cama Place, for PCC and they said for PCC i need to go to Passport office at ITO, Delhi. And then when i went to passport office at ITO, the lady at front desk referred me to my own embassy at Delhi in Barakhamba road.

I went to my own embassy and Third secretary informed me that PCC India doesn't falls into the jurisdiction of Nepal Embassy. However, he wrote a letter to authorities to help me. That's all Nepal embassy can do for PCC India.

In this all viscous circle of going from one authority to another, i have lost faith on Delhi police and people in government. And right now i am in same square zero without any information about how to obtain India PCC for myself.

I know you will refer to FRRO but FRRO only keeps info about the legal immigrants with Visa. And as per 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship; we are allowed to legally work and live in India. Again the question comes who will issue me a PCC??

I sincerely apologies for such a long email with my misery. As Aam Aadmi party is for aam people; i thought who would be better than you people to share my problem. I am an honest hard working Nepali citizen who have always come forward to help people and have never been in any kind of police case residing in Delhi and treating Delhi as my second home. How will this common Nepali citizen get his PCC for India to present it to US Embassy??

Thank you for reading my email. I look forward to hear from you.

Namaste

Timeline

Everyone (authorities) says apply online at Delhi Police website... here i applied it online even ..and got rejected because i am Nepali citizen.

too tired and feels helpless

post-191372-0-42497600-1429276322_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bunny&Ninja

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to India regional forum; OP's issue is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I am so tired and desperate i am ready to pay even thou its wrong

but whom to pay. Every one says no they can't issue pcc

i went to dcp office ... Dcp himself tried helping but everyone says no coz its only for Indian

dcp said submit the documents and get the acknowledgement from his office ... He said he will personally write letter and forward to special branch ... He said he can't do anything more than that because not he has no power to issue pcc for visa or work.

He said visit him on Wednesday. I know it will be rejected again because special branch said no can't be issued to nepali over phone to dcp right infront of me.

I have gone to his office more than 10 time. He knows how i am being treated and he felt pity and he himself made calls

i can't offer bribe to dcp

yesterday some police fella scammed 1000 saying they are here for verification for my online pcc. And today the status is there saying can't be issued coz i am nepali

i knew that but also with so much of hope i gave all paper to those fella and gave the money to who ever they said to ... Just with a tiny hope i did that

i m so tired

Filed: Timeline

in last 10 - 15 days, i have been to every authorities possible. And i yet have no clue ??

Note : Below is my email to Delhi's ruling party. attaching the same for you folks to read. If anyone can suggest me anything, please please help me. I am kind of tired and broke (lol) just because of PCC

Greetings of the day !!

Well this email is not the happy email. You can say a whining. In last 10 days what i have seen and faced from Delhi Government Authorities and Police makes me feel bad. Grant me your few min over this email where i am jotting down the entire experience - And that's just for your reference as you are with the government.

I need PCC and without that i can't complete my visa process to unite with my family and wife. US embassy says get it from local police station or DCP office. I went to local police station (govind puri), they referred me to DCP office. I went to DCP office and seeing how they are working makes me wonder - Is this what democracy means?? They don't show up at desk till 11 noon and it doesn't matters to them how long people are waiting for them. They come and spend time eating fruits and drinking chai and talking to their family over the resources from government. Great thing even with all these, if they had any clue about information. All they say is go to this department to that department. They even don't have clue about HAG and HAX department in their own office.

I have severe back pain trouble and i cannot stand for long hours continuously. Yes in the age of 30, i have these problems. As i was waiting for hours seeking info and as these authorities were engaging on eating and killing time, i wanted to sit down on floor because of pain; there comes the authority figure which says "man you are going to America how can you sit down on floor and make us feel guilty. Come on stand up." Well i don't have any interest to be in any of these offices all i wanted was info and procure my PCC.

I have lived in Delhi as a good citizen. I have extended help to NGO, to many homeless kids and people and even raised my voice through my extensive photography for restoration of monuments. I have not even raised my voice or hurt an animal while living in Delhi since this long. And all i want is PCC.

Anyway coming back to my misery. Finally DCP office at Sarita Vihar referred me to Special branch in Asaf ali road or told me to study website. I have already read everything available over internet and i know i cant get online and none of the guys are ready to understand. However, i came back and then called to helpline of passport office for PCC (i know its for indian only). When a computer says press 1 for english, then people expect someone speaking english.. well i was talking to a lady who was speaking hindi in typical haryanvi tone. Anyway that's not a problem because i have and i had studied sanskrit during my childhood and my communicative hindi is very good. She has no idea about difference of Indian Citizen by Birth, Descent or Naturalization. She kept on saying me as i hold passport of some other country so i should choose Descent. I gave up on explaining her. And finally when i explained her the lines which says "this form is for Indian national only" then she said go visit your mission. We can't help.

I have yet not lost my hopes. I have high hope that there is a way for a Nepali national living in India to get PCC. Every country issues PCC for any people who lives in that country for more than 12 months. Next day, my journey to Special branch was very traumatic. They don't want to listen and they have no idea about talking peacefully. One guy refers to another to another and when i explain them they simply say "its not my work." To get rid of me, one officer said "You are Pakistani and sent me to Pak section in their office." Me being adamant and shameless (i know Pak section has nothing to do with us), i went there and explained my problem and officer there were nice to say me that i am in wrong place seeking information.

Post that i again went to Passport office at Bikaji Cama Place, for PCC and they said for PCC i need to go to Passport office at ITO, Delhi. And then when i went to passport office at ITO, the lady at front desk referred me to my own embassy at Delhi in Barakhamba road.

I went to my own embassy and Third secretary informed me that PCC India doesn't falls into the jurisdiction of Nepal Embassy. However, he wrote a letter to authorities to help me. That's all Nepal embassy can do for PCC India.

In this all viscous circle of going from one authority to another, i have lost faith on Delhi police and people in government. And right now i am in same square zero without any information about how to obtain India PCC for myself.

I know you will refer to FRRO but FRRO only keeps info about the legal immigrants with Visa. And as per 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship; we are allowed to legally work and live in India. Again the question comes who will issue me a PCC??

I sincerely apologies for such a long email with my misery. As Aam Aadmi party is for aam people; i thought who would be better than you people to share my problem. I am an honest hard working Nepali citizen who have always come forward to help people and have never been in any kind of police case residing in Delhi and treating Delhi as my second home. How will this common Nepali citizen get his PCC for India to present it to US Embassy??

Thank you for reading my email. I look forward to hear from you.

Namaste

Have you actually tried to go to the FRRO and not gotten help? Or, by your statement above, are you saying they can't/won't help because you are not in India legally? If the former -- i.e., you are legally present in India, but you haven't gone to FRRO because you assume they can't/won't help-- you need to go there, as that is the office specifically designated to assist you.

If the latter -- i.e., you have been in India without proper permission for many years and are not registered with the FRRO -- you are likely never going to find an office to help you, since you have no legal right to be in the country. It is unlikely that a government official will likely go out of his way to help you with documentation of your illegal stay. The best solution would be to go home to Nepal to live for the processing of your immigration paperwork. As a foreign national who resided in India but is no longer in India, a police certificate is considered "not available" and you would not need to submit one.

Timeline

Jan

FRRO said show ur immigrant visa. I don't have it because we don't need it

article 6 and 7 of 1950 India nepal friendship treaty says we are free to travel between country, own property and do business or work

so there is nothing like illegal living in India applied but FRRO said they issue pcc to only immigrant visa

frro registration also needs visa no ... Now what any advise

Filed: Timeline

Jan

FRRO said show ur immigrant visa. I don't have it because we don't need it

article 6 and 7 of 1950 India nepal friendship treaty says we are free to travel between country, own property and do business or work

so there is nothing like illegal living in India applied but FRRO said they issue pcc to only immigrant visa

frro registration also needs visa no ... Now what any advise

Thanks for the clarification -- I missed the part about the treaty in your previous post. Under the treaty, don't you still need to register with the FRRO? I know they require processes for more than just those on immigrant visas. I lived in India recently for more than two years on a work visa -- not an immigrant one -- and had to deal with FRRO a couple of times a year. Not the most pleasant experience, but at least they had chairs to sit in while waiting! I would suggest you try to get to a senior official in the regional FRRO office and see if they know more than your local district about what you can do.

If not, I have only two more suggestions. The first is taking a chance -- write a careful statement explaining your legal presence in India and why it doesn't require a visa or registration with the FRRO, outlining your attempts to comply with getting a PCC from India, and finally, stating that it appears the PCC is unavailable to you. NVC or the Embassy could still require you to produce one and hold up your case, but they may waive it.

The second is to return to Nepal while processing your immigration paperwork, as I said earlier. The PCC is automatically deemed "not available" to you if you are no longer livng in India.

Both of these suggestions have some real drawbacks, obviously --- but they're the best I can do! I wish you luck in your dealings with the Indian bureaucracy....it is not easy to negotiate in the best of circumstances.

Timeline

To be honest i really didn't knew FRRO before we started the process. After i knew i i read visited their office but FRRO said na u r nepali ... No concern with them

we are in nvc phase. Going back to Nepal won't help now

i have all emails and communication to authority for pcc help . We will speak to nvc to consider our case and process. By nvc closes case, i will go Nepal and then apply pcc from our foregin affairs. There is a way like that.. Months to get ... That's last option for me

if we can get nvc process it, without Indian pcc and on with Nepal pcc it would be cool

us embassy made clear by hook or crook get pcc or else won't allow in premise. Forget about interview

i feel sad, depressed and in pain right now .

Thanks for ur advise and suggestions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

To be honest i really didn't knew FRRO before we started the process. After i knew i i read visited their office but FRRO said na u r nepali ... No concern with them

we are in nvc phase. Going back to Nepal won't help now

i have all emails and communication to authority for pcc help . We will speak to nvc to consider our case and process. By nvc closes case, i will go Nepal and then apply pcc from our foregin affairs. There is a way like that.. Months to get ... That's last option for me

if we can get nvc process it, without Indian pcc and on with Nepal pcc it would be cool

us embassy made clear by hook or crook get pcc or else won't allow in premise. Forget about interview

i feel sad, depressed and in pain right now .

Thanks for ur advise and suggestions

Going back to nepal and obtain PCC is not an option. . Bcoz if you have stayed In any other country after age of 16 yyou'll have to present PCC of that country. . So PCC from new delhi is must for you.

So sorry to hear this.. I just can't explain how bad I felt while reading your msg. it feels like being Aam Admi is our biggest crime.

Well u can offer nothing but support and keep you in my prayers.

Still talk to some immigration lawyer they might me able to help you or figure out how to obtain PCC.

Good luck and you'vyou've outstanding ability to go through all this rough process.

Stay calm and keep faith. You'll get through this soon.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

thanks for your kindness.. I got my pcc and right now waiting at nvc

I guess you didn't studied my other post about pcc received.

sincere apologies for delayed reply. please do keep us in your prayers

Timeline

mine was a big ordeal... frro gave me pcc because I had all papers to show my presence in India .. also they did intensive checks on me from my first address to my jobs and present address

send me personal message in inbox may be I can guide u

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.