Trishy_N_J

Anyone forget to sign check for I-751?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I prepared the package for I-751 and sent it before the end. They received the package 2 days ago and the check hasn't been cashed in.
Now my husband asked me if I signed the check and now I'm no longer sure. Freaking out a bit.

I know they will take the check and process it digitally using the routing number and bank account, so I'm wondering if the signature missing will be a huge problem.

Has anyone forgotten to sign their check? If so, what happened?

Wondering if I should call USCIS tomorrow to ask them.

Perhaps the wisest would be to prepare a new package, but in that case it's a hassle because the affidavits will have to be resigned? (I sent the original and kept a copy).

2003 - Met online.

Feb 2011 - Reunited online :)

Feb 2011 - Apr 2011 - Kept in touch every single day.

May 5th, 2011 - Met in person in Montreal <3 Knew we were meant to be.

July 21, 2011 - Met in person in Seattle, WA. Started talking of marriage and filing.

Nov 21, 2011 - Filed for K-1 Visa

Nov 24, 2011 - Received NOA1

Mar 23, 2012 - Met in Montreal as happy fiances. Proposal in person. <3

April 21, 2012 - Received approved NOA2

Sometime in May, 2012 - Received packet 3 letter.

Working on it about to submit...

Don't worry!! they would mail the entire package back to you....When we originally sent mine, we forgot to sign the 1-751 form and within 2 or 3 days they sent us the entire package back stating that the signature was missing and to sign it and resend it.

Edited by Ed & Dais

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm wondering if the signature missing will be a huge problem.

I suppose it depends what you mean by "a huge problem"; yes, they process the checks/cheques digitally, but they can't do so without a signature (and rightly, of course!). When the stack arrives and a person initially checks your paperwork (before the biometrics scheduling and the general wait) if there are any immediate issues that pop up—unsigned or undated forms, check/cheque issues, etc—it'll be all sent back to you, as indicated by the previous poster. Paperwork is only accepted (or should only be accepted, barring missed inspections) if this is all complete, and then RFEs later issued if the worker (eventually) reviewing your case wants to see more evidence.

There's that smell again...

Timeline

Since I couldn't sleep last night, I prepared the same package and found another error in it (small but still annoying). I'm 2 weeks away from expiry so I'm wondering if I should wait for them to send the package back to me, or if i should just send in a new package.

2003 - Met online.

July 21, 2011 - Met in person in Seattle, WA. Started talking of marriage and filing.

Since I couldn't sleep last night, I prepared the same package and found another error in it (small but still annoying). I'm 2 weeks away from expiry so I'm wondering if I should wait for them to send the package back to me, or if i should just send in a new package.

Wait for them to return your package, make your corrections and sign the check--you may have actually signed the check so you do not want two applications in the system confusing things, but make certain you submit the new package before your GC expires.. This is a good example why one should not wait until the last minute to file the ROC.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

• 3 years later...
Timeline

I think I had signed the check afterall because they never sent the package back to me and my stuff was processed.

2003 - Met online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.