pinedo

got kids but did not included them in fiance visa application

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. Another question. I got kids from my previous relationship. Me and my fiance decided to have them after a year we get married (if i get approved and i hope we do!:) ). I just have a question because I saw a sample letter from K1 applicant interview instructions. It says there

'I you have one or more children not listed on the filed petition, be prepared to present a notarized letter from the petitioner stating he know the discrepancies between facts stated on the petition and your personal circumstances, and still wishes to proceed marriage.'

Was wondering to whom shall we address the letter and how do we label/call this kind of request from the USEM.

thank you again!:)

Filed: Timeline

I just want to be clear of what you are asking because you post is a bit confusing..

So if you can answer the following it will help get you the correct info quickly:

1. Do you presently have any children?

2. If yes, Do you want to bring them to the US on the K petition with you?

3.And again, if yes -, did you list them on the K petition you already submitted?

Edited by Damara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just want to be clear of what you are asking because you post is a bit confusing..

So if you can answer the following it will help get you the correct info quickly:

1. Do you presently have any children?

2. If yes, Do you want to bring them to the US on the K petition with you?

3.And again, if yes -, did you list them on the K petition you already submitted?

Hi. Sorry to got you confuse.

Yes i got 3 kids. I didnt listed them on my k1 because we plan to have them one at a time once I reached the US. We need to save more and prepare for them when going to the US.

Edited by pinedo

So you didn't state that you have children?

You are meant to list them even if you don't plan on bringing them on a k2 within the year and plan on petitioning for them later on.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. Another question. I got kids from my previous relationship. Me and my fiance decided to have them after a year we get married (if i get approved and i hope we do! :) ). I just have a question because I saw a sample letter from K1 applicant interview instructions. It says there

'I you have one or more children not listed on the filed petition, be prepared to present a notarized letter from the petitioner stating he know the discrepancies between facts stated on the petition and your personal circumstances, and still wishes to proceed marriage.'

Was wondering to whom shall we address the letter and how do we label/call this kind of request from the USEM.

thank you again! :)

Address the letter to :

U.S. Embassy Manila

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Someone got denied for not including her fiancé's child from another relationship.

In another scenario, when my uncle didnt include his step-daughter on the application, the officer requested that if they add the daughter before they can be approved. They did, and now all of them are here.

so depending on the officer you get, it can go either way but if you can find a way to fix it before you throw it up to the officer's discretion.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

You should have listed them even if you are not bringing them with you at the time you are leaving to the US. It is just a question so that the USCIS know whether your sponsor is acknowledging you have kids or not from prior relationship/s.

Edited by Jay & Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

well the kids are not coming at all they are young and live with there mom and when I ask uscis about it they said I did not have to put them on there so is there a letter or something I have to right now please let me no thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance has a 10 year old from a previous relationship and the child lives with his mother in another province. They have a custody agreement (the child lives with the mother full time) and he pays child support each month. We still listed the child on the paperwork because you never know what may happen in the future. One day, his son could ask to live with us or maybe an unfortunate situation could impact who his son lives with. You should always prepare for the worst, especially with crossing foreign borders. Anyways, his son is listed but will not be joining his father to live in the states.

good luck

ok u are right we never thought about it in that way but thank u for your advice seeing we are this far is there anything we can do now or just leave as is thank u

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.