AoiHana35

Proof of Ongoing Relationship: Chat Logs

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Everyone! We received our NOA-1 on October 16th, 2014 and are still waiting to get our NOA-2 from TSC.

We started trying to compile a list conversions we have had for the proof of ongoing relationship evidence

but we are noticing that 90% of every conversion was a Skype call. I noticed however Skype has the time logs of the calls in our history.

So it shows:

Call Ended 8 hours 43mins 30 seconds and a date.

Are duration logs of our calls good to send? I am worry because most of the conversions we had got lost when my hard drive crashed a while back, which was before we were engaged.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

event.png

I-129F sent: 10/09/2014

I-129F NOA1: 10/16/2014

I-129F NOA2 Case Approved: 04/28/2015

Japan Embassy - Case Created 05/12/2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Evidence of a relationship is not about quantity but content and quality.

You need to generate evidences that show what you talk about (hopefully relationship related stuff). A log of Skype calls means virtually nothing unless you can back that up with other documents that show what you talk about.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Evidence of a relationship is not about quantity but content and quality.

You need to generate evidences that show what you talk about (hopefully relationship related stuff). A log of Skype calls means virtually nothing unless you can back that up with other documents that show what you talk about.

Thanks baron! This is frustrating as the majority of our talking time is just on Skype calls obviously, as why text when we can talk?

I'll try to get us texting more often like we used to to generate some logs. How far do text logs need to go back?

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'll try to get us texting more often like we used to to generate some logs. How far do text logs need to go back?

Again, it's not about quantity but quality and content.

Most relationships go through a normal evolution. Couples should be able to (and we ended up actually doing for ours) a Evolution of Our Relationship document that states the evolution of your relationship from the beginning to the present and during that discussion refer to specific evidences that support each stage.

Most go through a getting to know you phase, then more details about each other and your wants and desires, likes and dislikes, then the meeting in person, then more intimate discussions about a possible relationship, then when you both agree to pursue the K-1 process, then that whole process, then discussions about the move to the US, what the plans are for the US, etc. etc. I also heartily suggest that you include some lovey dovey stuff because most couples do that if they intend to get married.

Get the basic idea?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Again, it's not about quantity but quality and content.

Most relationships go through a normal evolution. Couples should be able to (and we ended up actually doing for ours) a Evolution of Our Relationship document that states the evolution of your relationship from the beginning to the present and during that discussion refer to specific evidences that support each stage.

Most go through a getting to know you phase, then more details about each other and your wants and desires, likes and dislikes, then the meeting in person, then more intimate discussions about a possible relationship, then when you both agree to pursue the K-1 process, then that whole process, then discussions about the move to the US, what the plans are for the US, etc. etc. I also heartily suggest that you include some lovey dovey stuff because most couples do that if they intend to get married.

Get the basic idea?

Got it. Thank you very much!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you send letters to each other? Cards? You can photo copy those andc use as evidence also. I used to buy phone cards when I called my husband, when I went through this process about 7 years ago. I went online and printed out a history of all the phone cards I purchased and submitted that as proof. Although you don't have alot of chat records right now, print out your call durations for now. Are you about to download Tango? You can text each other using that app. Screenshot your texts, email them to yourself and print them out. WhatsApp is a good texting app too. Then theres your chat proof. Hope this helps!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

I remember printing a little bit of conversation on Skype for each month that we were together ( so it was 2 years worth :P ) but the interviewer never really looked at them. He focused more on the photos that I sent during the initial filing stage. Try to read the reviews for your consulate, maybe you can pick up more ideas from there.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, ravnet said:

Is there is any format specifications for printing out chats for preeof?????

nope...just screenshot and print it. What i did was took screenshots and adjusted 4 screenshots on a MS Word page and printed on a A4 paper...that way i had 4 screenshots on a single paper.

@AoiHana35 I agree with @baron555. Its not about quantity, its about quality. USCIS gets loads of applications everyday and they don't have time to read or see bundles of evidence of ongoing evidence so we should make sure that we keep it short and strong. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.