RoseCV

DCF MANILA- Immigrant Data Summary Error

10 posts in this topic

We got our visa April 10 Friday 10am. I noticed in my daughter IDM mother's name is wrong. I sent it back with a lettet of correction right away in 2GO carrier to Manila Embassy.

My question is. How long do I have to wait for them to send it back to us?

Thank you in advance. I don't know where to post this problem so I did it here in DCF forum.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got our visa April 10 Friday 10am. I noticed in my daughter IDM mother's name is wrong. I sent it back with a lettet of correction right away in 2GO carrier to Manila Embassy.

My question is. How long do I have to wait for them to send it back to us?

Thank you in advance. I don't know where to post this problem so I did it here in DCF forum.

You didn't have to send it back. If you called they will tell you that any typo error on the IDS sheet is common & it will not be an issue at POE as long as all info on the visa itself is correct.

We had the same problem with my hubby's IDS sheet before, we called and that's what USEM said. True, it was not a problem at POE.

You didn't have to send it back. If you called they will tell you that any typo error on the IDS sheet is common & it will not be an issue at POE as long as all info on the visa itself is correct.

We had the same problem with my hubby's IDS sheet before, we called and that's what USEM said. True, it was not a problem at POE.

Thank you, Apple21!

Our problem is that it's not just the wrong spelling.

This is what happend. My correct name is ROSEMIE but they put in IDS name is ROSEMARIE. Which is two different name.

POE would thought that I have a twin sister!

Thanks!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope, that wouldn't be an issue. The IDS sheet is not a big deal. What matters is the visa itself.

Hope you get it soon. Keep us posted.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

good day! I have the same problem with my son's IDS.. My name is spelled wrong.. Instead of ADA its ARA. I called the USEM and they said that i have to return the packet visa at the embassy for correction. I asked them if how long will it take and mailed back to me,but they said they dont know. Upon reading this,Im thinking twice if Im going to send it back to the embassy or not.. Can anyone who have the same problem with me,can assure me that this would not be a problem at POE?? Thank you so much!

good day! I have the same problem with my son's IDS.. My name is spelled wrong.. Instead of ADA its ARA. I called the USEM and they said that i have to return the packet visa at the embassy for correction. I asked them if how long will it take and mailed back to me,but they said they dont know. Upon reading this,Im thinking twice if Im going to send it back to the embassy or not.. Can anyone who have the same problem with me,can assure me that this would not be a problem at POE?? Thank you so much!

Don't bother sending it back.

The Manila CO told us that we can change it when we get to the US.

It's not gonna be a problem in POE, because the visa is what's important.

• 2 years later...
On 4/12/2015 at 8:06 AM, RoseCV said:

Edited by Haltom Family

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

On 2/4/2018 at 4:41 AM, Khing said:

Hi, I had just receive our family pocket visa last week., and upon reviewing I notiCe that my in my sons parent name was my parents information. Do I need to send it back to the US embassy? Thank you

Hi KHing,

Kamusta and good day. We suggest that you email  directly Manila Consular Communications Group (Immigrant Visa) <IVManilaReplies@state.gov>

You can inquire to them directly about the turn around time of receiving the corrected one. 

Please use this kind of Format in your email SUBJECT:  CASE Number_mnlNumerical_LAST NAME, FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME 

We understand that you did it to assure  that any error like  this will not pose any difficulty or problem for the applicant when  they enters the United States.

Hope this helps, and God bless. 

Edited by Haltom Family

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.