11 posts in this topic

the 1st package was sent last March 9, 2015 by a travel agency that we paid to help us with our papers. It actually took them a month to finally send the forms. March 17, the forms were received in texas, and was transferred to california visa center. By April 9, I checked the status online and was shocked to see ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE NOTICE. My fiance haven't received any mail to know what else do we need to submit. We are so disappointed to the lawyers preparing our papers because of this. I am thinking not to avail their service again after we receive the NOA1. Is it a good idea to try RapidVisa to continue helping us with the process or I can just, do it by myself. My fince doesn't have time to deal with this because of work and I stopped working to put more time in fixing my papers. Please, any advice on what to do. I really don't have any idea. Thank you

Edited by MissMae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

the 1st package was sent last March 9, 2015 by a travel agency that we paid to help us with our papers. It actually took them a month to finally send the forms. March 17, the forms were received in texas, and was transferred to california visa center. By April 9, I checked the status online and was shocked to see ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE NOTICE. My fiance haven't received any mail to know what else do we need to submit. We are so disappointed to the lawyers preparing our papers because of this. I am thinking not to avail their service again after we receive the NOA1. Is it a good idea to try RapidVisa to continue helping us with the process or I can just, do it by myself. My fince doesn't have time to deal with this because of work and I stopped working to put more time in fixing my papers. Please, any advice on what to do. I really don't have any idea. Thank you

You were not transferred to CSC, it went straight there. TX receives ALL I-129fs, then ships some to CSC. That's what happened to your case I'm guessing since your fiance lives in Montana. If your case # starts with WAC, then you had a CSC case from the beginning. Can you please correct your timeline? Helps the stats that way.

Anyway, your status online has an additional evidence notice? But you never received your NOA1? That sounds a little odd. You'll just have to wait until you receive the RFE in the mail before you can do anything about it. Until then you'll just have to wait- sorry.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anytime you hire a 3rd party they will receive requests and your the last to find out. Your agency already knows what the RFE is for and you have a limited time to respond. Get ahold of them and get it done. Then FIRE them and finish the process by yourself. A RFE is odd for a NOA1 but RFE's are common for a NOA2. Happened to us. A RFE sat on our Attorney's desk for a month and never contacted us until the last moment. After that, I fired her and we finished the process ourselves.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anytime you hire a 3rd party they will receive requests and your the last to find out. Your agency already knows what the RFE is for and you have a limited time to respond. Get ahold of them and get it done. Then FIRE them and finish the process by yourself. A RFE is odd for a NOA1 but RFE's are common for a NOA2. Happened to us. A RFE sat on our Attorney's desk for a month and never contacted us until the last moment. After that, I fired her and we finished the process ourselves.

Were you out any cash? Did you get a refund?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

With lots of research and effort put on your case you should be fine doing it by yourself, Jorge tries to help but he leaves it in my hands since I love learning about the k1 AOS... It is not the easiest thing to do but I myself have been doing lots of research and of course this community is awesome there are many willing to help! So this site is like your agency but for free and way way better!! I did the application myself and I didnt get RFE it is odd that they would request that from you its better to do it your self that way you are the first to be notified of anything weather if its by email, mail, or text you are definitely not going to be the last to know. It certainly speeds up the process for yourself, and I'm sure that's exactly what you want!! lol psht if you would of asked me a couple months back what a k1 was I probably would of answered Kellogs?? hahaha Good luck guys

K1-Visa

03/02/2015: I-129 Sent :idea:

03/11/2015: I-129 NOA1

03/25/2015: I-129 NOA2

04/16/2015: Package Received By NVC

04/17/2015: Case #, IIN, and BIN Assigned

04/22/2015: Package Left from NVC

04/24/2015: Received By Consulate (CDJ)

05/13/2015: Interview Date (K1 Visa)

VISA APPROVED!!! :dancing:

05/16/2015: K1 Visa Received

05/16/2015: US Entry (El Paso TX)

06/13/2015: Wedding (L):wub:(L)

AOS

07/06/2015: Filing Date -Chicago IL (I-485, I-765, I-131) :idea:

07/15/2015: NOA1 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

08/05/2015: Biometrics Appointment (I-485 & I-765)

09/11/2015: Received combo card EAD/AP in the mail :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

So called "agencies" and also attorneys can really mess you up and slow you down.

Everything you need to know to do this process by yourself is tight here on this VJ, if it is not then ask.

Here is the link for the guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

You have to wait until you get the hard copy to know what the RFE is all about and perhaps if you look at the links

you can figure out what you forgot.

I suggest your fiance makes some time to register an account here also even though he is busy, a couple hours on the weekends

will do wonders for the process to run smoothly and both of you need to be involved in the process, especially the petitioner.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used rapidvisa, but I don't know if I would again only because now I know how easy the process can be, they were awesome. They were helpful with things though, but absolutely not necessary....they do however vet your application and ensure you have everything completed correctly and have all the random things such as pictures, and the fiancee statement other evidence as well as will send it for you. They asked me twice for more things to ensure my application perfect and complete. I am not trying to endorse them or take away from them......just they are a good option but not necessary.

I'm sorry guys. See? I really doesn't have any idea on this :( but i tried reasearching on the steps and how it is done, I first thought it's easy and I think I can do it. But my fiance just want to hire someone to help us with the process. Because we're both busy at work.

March 9 - 1st package sent

March 17 - Noa 1

April 9 - RFE received

I'm sorry I got confused on what to call those things :(

It says on the USCIS site that we should receive the mail by April 9, but its been 3 days already and there's no mail yet.

Thank you so much for taking time to give me advices guys. I appreciate it so much. We are planning to fire the travel agency and I will just do it by myself. We will just wait for the approval of 1st process and for the 2nd process I will try to do it myself. I hope you'll still help me.

Guys, if i received the NOA 2, will they also send back the whole I129 package or I should ask the traVel agency for a copy? Will they give it to me, if I'm no longer availing their service for the next process? I'm worried :(

Since you ask for assistance for your petition from an agency maybe ask them for the copy of the whole package they sent if they have as we did not receive 129f back when we got noa2.

Yes i will try to ask them.hopefully they'll give it to me. I'm really worried on how our petition will turn out if i just do it by myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.