Big & Dee Dee

I need help on an approved IR-1/CR-1 Petition

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Dears Vjers,

I am a US born citizen. Both me and my husband have tempers, i mean you will not even know which one is worst than the other. Since we met our love for each other grows so well and we were so happy until i started being jealous and kind of controlling. Since this started, we hardly go a week without fighting 3 or 4 times. He is always supportive of me and i have no doubt he loves me but i have trust problems due to failed relationships with 2 men in the US. I was betrayed before and it kind of affected me so much so that it makes me think all men are bad. He came into my life and help me so much to forget my past and move on looking towards to the future but am finding it hard to let it go because my past relationships all started good and happy but ended up bad if not worst and its kind of making me expect the same thing will be coming my way again. He sees my actions as controlling and irritating and sometime disrespectful and he always says am making his life miserable and making him pay for actions of my EXs. This problem has been happen for almost 2 years now and its not like i love talking about it to him or i do not want to let it go but it just can't leave my head. As a matter of fact i love him more than my previous relationships. 2 of his best friends are in the US here all married American and they all fight too but not like us and they use to advice us especially myself.

We have known each other for 3 years and 9 months and since that time i have been going back and forth until my last trip when we got married. He is a Gambian Canadian born but currently living in his country in Africa employed with a well paying job which is the reason he never allowed me to file for a K-1 all those years because he does not want to leave his job to move over to the US even as am talking to you right now our petition IR-1/CR-1 is approved and i am trying to get a joint sponsor but we fought again and he said unless i move over to his country, he will not come over because he fear loosing his good job and come over and we will get divorce or live in fighting. I am pregnant right now and also going through stress of fighting with him. If am with him, we do not fight at all and he never allow stay inches from him but when we are apart it always seems we want each other death. His mom in Canada call me and we discoursed an agreed that i move to Africa and forget about the petition so that we will both be happy. My husband also agree i move to African. He said when we work on our marriage after a year or 2 we can come over. My question is

Has anyone gong through such fights and how do you handle them please?

Is it safe to go and give birth in Africa and will my child be a citizen of the US?

How long can an approved IR-1/CR-1 Petition from USCIS can be with the NVC before it expires?

Is it possible for an approved petition to be delayed for about 10 to 12 months?

Thank you in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dears Vjers,

I am a US born citizen. Both me and my husband have tempers, i mean you will not even know which one is worst than the other. Since we met our love for each other grows so well and we were so happy until i started being jealous and kind of controlling. Since this started, we hardly go a week without fighting 3 or 4 times. He is always supportive of me and i have no doubt he loves me but i have trust problems due to failed relationships with 2 men in the US. I was betrayed before and it kind of affected me so much so that it makes me think all men are bad. He came into my life and help me so much to forget my past and move on looking towards to the future but am finding it hard to let it go because my past relationships all started good and happy but ended up bad if not worst and its kind of making me expect the same thing will be coming my way again. He sees my actions as controlling and irritating and sometime disrespectful and he always says am making his life miserable and making him pay for actions of my EXs. This problem has been happen for almost 2 years now and its not like i love talking about it to him or i do not want to let it go but it just can't leave my head. As a matter of fact i love him more than my previous relationships. 2 of his best friends are in the US here all married American and they all fight too but not like us and they use to advice us especially myself.

We have known each other for 3 years and 9 months and since that time i have been going back and forth until my last trip when we got married. He is a Gambian Canadian born but currently living in his country in Africa employed with a well paying job which is the reason he never allowed me to file for a K-1 all those years because he does not want to leave his job to move over to the US even as am talking to you right now our petition IR-1/CR-1 is approved and i am trying to get a joint sponsor but we fought again and he said unless i move over to his country, he will not come over because he fear loosing his good job and come over and we will get divorce or live in fighting. I am pregnant right now and also going through stress of fighting with him. If am with him, we do not fight at all and he never allow stay inches from him but when we are apart it always seems we want each other death. His mom in Canada call me and we discoursed an agreed that i move to Africa and forget about the petition so that we will both be happy. My husband also agree i move to African. He said when we work on our marriage after a year or 2 we can come over. My question is

Is it safe to go and give birth in Africa and will my child be a citizen of the US?

How long can an approved IR-1/CR-1 Petition from USCIS can be with the NVC before it expires?

Is it possible for an approved petition to be delayed for about 10 to 12 months?

Thank you in advance

You have to let go of your past it's not fair to your husband. I don't know about you but for me fighting takes to much time and energy that isn't worth it. You are married to this man and going to bring a child into the world, do U want to raise your child in that type of household. For the sake of your sanity, marriage and unborn child work on the fighting and let go of your past because in sure your exes aren't fighting their partners but your having trust issues because of something someone else did to you and your husband is paying for it. That's not fair. I'm telling you from personal experience I was in a horrible 7 year rship and I hate my ex and would get angry and second guess my husband when we were dating then I realized that my husband is a new man, a wonderful man way better than my stupid ex. Why should I put him through this when he doesn't have to be. Especially when he has done nothing but love me. Then I also thought my ex probably isn't fighting his new girlfriend because of me so why fight my husband because of him.

Next I would advise you have your baby here Just for your safety. The healthcare system in Africa isn't that great. God forbid you have a difficult pregnacy or have complications at birth you want to make sure that you and your baby have access to proper technology and care at all times.

women are always finding a way from african countries to have their babies in America so why as an america citizen would you do the opposite. I'm nigerian and women do that a lot in my country so I'm sure it's the same for a lot of other african countries. I'm An American citizen and my husband is in Nigeria while we wait for or petition and if I was ever pregnant and my husband wanted me to move to Nigeria I would have the baby here first and take the baby back to nigeria after he/she has gotten all the required immunization shots

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As hard as it may be for you....you are just going to have to let the past be the past. You can remember the past and be cautious be it is not fair to blame him or hold grudges aganist him for the things others have done. You should try counseling on your own to learn coping mechanisms and well as seperae couples counseling to learn about fair fighting and working through differences each of you may have. It sounds silly but if you two truly want to work it out, you need to learn how to fight fairly and communicate the issues you have properly to each other. Typically the thing we are vocal and complain about isn't really what is bothering us.

Timeline

Thank you MrsN & Shauneg.

I really appreciate your responses and advice. My husband agreed i wait till i put to bed before moving to be with him. I will put a hold on the approved petition till later then but i need someone to enlighten me on the below questions please...

Is it possible for an approved petition to be delayed for about 10 to 12 months or more?

Thank you in advance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Approved spousal visa petitions never expire. The NVC will keep a petition active for 1 year from the date of last contact before they consider it inactive. As long as you keep in touch with the NVC, the 1 year clock resets. If the petition goes inactive, it remains valid but will take some legwork to reactivate.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Approved spousal visa petitions never expire. The NVC will keep a petition active for 1 year from the date of last contact before they consider it inactive. As long as you keep in touch with the NVC, the 1 year clock resets. If the petition goes inactive, it remains valid but will take some legwork to reactivate.

Thank you Ryan H...

Can this contact be done through the NVC Email or only through call? Its hard to get them on the phone?

Secondly, if at all is possible to send them an Email, and i do that today the 10th April 2015, are you saying today being my last contact, my petition will be active till 10th April 2016?

In the event i make another contact around Oct-2015, does my active date be prolonged to Oct 2016?

Thank you again

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you Ryan H...

Can this contact be done through the NVC Email or only through call? Its hard to get them on the phone?

Secondly, if at all is possible to send them an Email, and i do that today the 10th April 2015, are you saying today being my last contact, my petition will be active till 10th April 2016?

In the event i make another contact around Oct-2015, does my active date be prolonged to Oct 2016?

Thank you again

Answers:

• Email is preferred, that way there is a date and time stamp.
  • Yes
  • Yes

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Dears Vjers,

Thank you in advance

A quote that has taken me too long to learn but is so very true: What you fear you create. Please don't take as long as I did to learn that lesson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you MrsN & Shauneg.

I really appreciate your responses and advice. My husband agreed i wait till i put to bed before moving to be with him. I will put a hold on the approved petition till later then but i need someone to enlighten me on the below questions please...

Is it possible for an approved petition to be delayed for about 10 to 12 months or more?

Thank you in advance

your welcome, I think you should call NVC and ask them and get a definite answer on what to do about your approved petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.