sidereel2

How to change address?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I applied for the I-129F and got approved last night. My fiance is in France and he recently got a job offer and moved to the UK. How can we change his address and embassy location on the form? He will not be able to fly to France to do the interview. Can we change it to the UK?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

NVC probably won't help you as they did not help me at all and will send your file to France. If that happens then concat embassy in Englad and request transfer. You can only do this once France has your file and it might take several weeks. Mine traveled a bit over a month from one embassy to another. Good Luck!

:luv:

NVC probably won't help you as they did not help me at all and will send your file to France. If that happens then concat embassy in Englad and request transfer. You can only do this once France has your file and it might take several weeks. Mine traveled a bit over a month from one embassy to another. Good Luck!

From which Embassy did you transfer and where did it end up? How soon after it got to the embassy did you request a transfer? Is the process easy?

I called NVC and they told me I could write a letter requesting for it to get sent to the consulate that I want, but I would need to show proof, etc. That seems a little exhausting considering I'm not even sure they will do it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

NVC told me the same thing to send letter, but they responded to my letter 2 months after and in mean time they sent my file to embassy within few days, so NVC will not help you. They do not keep K1's there and quickly mail them out to assigned embassies. I was switching from UAE to Armenia. Process was easy as it took only one e-mail to Armenian emabssy who told me they will take care of it. The problem was that embassy in Abu Dhabi is very busy and they put my file on back burner. After many inquires they finally sent it and it took a bit over a month. I know someone else that had it switched from Kuala Lumpur to another and it took 4 weeks. Things could go smoothly or you could hit a bump, so I would suggest to stay the way it is if you don't want any delays. If, not be ready for at least 1 month delay. We did not have address change, we simply could choose one of 3 embassies as my fiance is from Iran, so I am not sure of procedures when the address was changed, but I am sure your fiance would have to prove first that he have moved, etc. Hope this helped.

:luv:

NVC told me the same thing to send letter, but they responded to my letter 2 months after and in mean time they sent my file to embassy within few days, so NVC will not help you. They do not keep K1's there and quickly mail them out to assigned embassies. I was switching from UAE to Armenia. Process was easy as it took only one e-mail to Armenian emabssy who told me they will take care of it. The problem was that embassy in Abu Dhabi is very busy and they put my file on back burner. After many inquires they finally sent it and it took a bit over a month. I know someone else that had it switched from Kuala Lumpur to another and it took 4 weeks. Things could go smoothly or you could hit a bump, so I would suggest to stay the way it is if you don't want any delays. If, not be ready for at least 1 month delay. We did not have address change, we simply could choose one of 3 embassies as my fiance is from Iran, so I am not sure of procedures when the address was changed, but I am sure your fiance would have to prove first that he have moved, etc. Hope this helped.

If your fiance is from Iran, how did he have three choices, if you don't mind me asking?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

When you send in your DS160 they will use the address your fiance puts on there.

We had the same issue. Beneficiary moved, USCIS told us to write to TSC as we had not been approved yet at the time, letter was sent, no response and we are just going to update it in the DS160 when we submit that.

The only thing that may be a factor is if packet 3 is a hard copy, actual letter in your case, rather than a letter directing you to the embassy website with a link for further instructions. You'd find that out on your regional forum.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.