Nick_KristinaO

What happened to the Balance of Workload (for TSC) between Service Centers they announced March 27, 2015????

29 posts in this topic

Uh.....no. Wouldn't everyone do that if they could?

It appears as if all new petitions are being sent to CSC regardless of where the petitioner lives. So in theory, yes, if you're a new filer, your petition will go to CSC. In practice....if 100% of us did that, then we'd be in the same mess at CSC (but it would be hilarious). Part of me is sorely tempted to see what would happen. But I have neither the time nor the money to waste.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Based on the info in the Immigration Timelines, it does appear that most/all of the newly submitted applications are being routed to CSC. If this is the only "action" that USCIS is taking to equalize the workloads, then it is the worst possible action to take. This action will do absolutely nothing to reduce the processing time for the existing applications as TSC (the files they have in house now will take at least 215 days to work through and then there will be a big gaping hole of nothing to work on) and will serve only to build up a huge backlog at CSC. It just swings the pendulum in the other direction. If this trend continues, then come November of this year, CSC will be sitting on 215 days worth of files and TSC will be turning over applications in 20 days. How about the lockbox in Dallas starts tracking the actual backlogs in both centers and tries to address any discrepancy when it approaches 20 days rather than 200 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It appears as if all new petitions are being sent to CSC regardless of where the petitioner lives. So in theory, yes, if you're a new filer, your petition will go to CSC. In practice....if 100% of us did that, then we'd be in the same mess at CSC (but it would be hilarious). Part of me is sorely tempted to see what would happen. But I have neither the time nor the money to waste.

They aren't a new filer they would pull their old one and refile just to get to CSC.....

Pull their other petition and refile? You think that's smart?

Edited by Shauneg

Based on the info in the Immigration Timelines, it does appear that most/all of the newly submitted applications are being routed to CSC. If this is the only "action" that USCIS is taking to equalize the workloads, then it is the worst possible action to take. This action will do absolutely nothing to reduce the processing time for the existing applications as TSC (the files they have in house now will take at least 215 days to work through and then there will be a big gaping hole of nothing to work on) and will serve only to build up a huge backlog at CSC. It just swings the pendulum in the other direction. If this trend continues, then come November of this year, CSC will be sitting on 215 days worth of files and TSC will be turning over applications in 20 days. How about the lockbox in Dallas starts tracking the actual backlogs in both centers and tries to address any discrepancy when it approaches 20 days rather than 200 days.

The lockbox is merely a router. They send where they're told to send. Backlog tracking is something that is done way over their heads, somewhere higher up in USCIS. We know not where exactly, but my guess would be that it has something to do with all of the complaints that have been being fielded all over the place about this & how many Congressmen have been involved. I imagine the Director got tired of hearing/reading about it.

They aren't a new filer they would pull their old one and refile just to get to CSC.....

No, not smart.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Nope. Just saying that I do think (as a matter of opinion, not fact) that that's what would happen, and that I personally am tempted to see if I'm right but have neither the time nor the money to do so. I'd never advise doing so because the risk/reward is just too high for me. Unless you filed only 2 weeks ago and then honestly, you're only gambling with 2 weeks in that situation. Even so, wouldn't recommend it. A lot of hassle, $340 isn't chump change, and plus how would you answer the question on "have you filed a K-1 before"? Not worth it. So like I said, in *theory* it seems like it would work but in practice I wouldn't bother.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cant I just send new petition and be transferred to CSC? ?

You just made it sound like you were telling them to do it....they asked about refiling and you said yes and described all these things about new filers and none of it even applied to him. I don't know why you would have answered it that way.

You just made it sound like you were telling them to do it....they asked about refiling and you said yes and described all these things about new filers and none of it even applied to him. I don't know why you would have answered it that way.

Sorry you took it that way? Saying that something maybe works in theory but saying that in practice I wouldn't risk (although am curious to see what would happen) it doesn't sound all too encouraging to me.

Guys , relax, I was just joking. I'm not going to do that.. I just wished I filled 2 months later I did...

Ditto, my friend. However, we still don't know how this is actually going to shake out so for all we know, we're better off as February TSC filers than April CSC filers. Just more hurry up and wait.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

No......She was clear.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

196 days still nothing why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.