pathagy

April 2015 Filers

1,974 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

terrible, terrible, terrible!! just can't believe this is happening! it makes no sense considering how many MAY applications have already been processed...like...hellooooo USCIS do you not still see all the outstanding APRIL applications?????????????

did you ever end up contacting congress? i know someone on here did, right? i wonder what the outcome was!

best of luck! hopefully you'll get the response you're looking for BEFORE your trip!

I didn't contact anyone for fear of getting pushed back even further. Thanks for the words of encouragement. They really help. I am literally so stressed over this. I'm not eating or sleeping very well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm really sorry you're going through that! i know, i know...the processing time is "5 months" blah blah blah...........but seriously! F that! it would be one thing if they were still just processing other april apps ahead of other april apps...but to completely skip a month!? not cool! once you get past this part of the process, the rest is much faster! i know that doesn't really help you feel better...but at least it's something to look forward to! let us know as soon as you hear anything!

I didn't contact anyone for fear of getting pushed back even further. Thanks for the words of encouragement. They really help. I am literally so stressed over this. I'm not eating or sleeping very well.

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They are already processing June, there is no excuse for any April filers to still be waiting. It only takes them like 20 minutes to flip through a case. I would call. And get answers. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. This is a petition you paid for, and your hard earned tax money is what gives these officers a roof over their head. I'm going to call today, too.

If I were in the Texas Center, I'd know the wait was justified but this is CSC we are talking about... there is good reason to worry. What if they lost your case? That's a good reason to call. The five month rule is bullshit, we have plenty of evidence here on Visajourney showing actual times.

Sent I129f - April 28, 2015

Received I129f - May 1, 2015

NOA1 - May 5, 2015 (Email on 6, Harcopy on 9)

NOA2 - July 9 (Email and text)

NOA2 Hardcopy - July 13

NVC Case # Assigned - July 30

Consulate Received - Aug. 3

Medical - Aug. 12 (We passed! Well, almost. She needs to see a psychiatrist on the 28th, which shouldn't be a big issue. She cut her wrist long ago in her teenage years.)

Interview - ??? (Originally Aug. 26, but since she is now required to see a psychiatrist on the 28th, it will be rescheduled, probably sometime in Sept.)

Timeline

definitely agreed. it's unfortunate that trying to get any information out of USCIS in damn near impossible. :wacko: they literally read off of a script and really don't veer away from it at all. i don't even know why they have a customer service department, because they certainly don't provide any service! all they do is give generic answers and refer you to the website blah blah blah. if you ask to speak to someone above them, you're facing a two hour hold time. but maybe in this case, it'll be worth it. good luck everyone

They are already processing June, there is no excuse for any April filers to still be waiting. It only takes them like 20 minutes to flip through a case. I would call. And get answers. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. This is a petition you paid for, and your hard earned tax money is what gives these officers a roof over their head. I'm going to call today, too.

If I were in the Texas Center, I'd know the wait was justified but this is CSC we are talking about... there is good reason to worry. What if they lost your case? That's a good reason to call. The five month rule is bullshit, we have plenty of evidence here on Visajourney showing actual times.

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Are you going to be staying until the approval/interview? (will you attend the interview with her?)

I wish I could visit my fiancee in Ecuador but it will mean I would need to stay with her there until the final interview, which requires an extended Ecuadorian visa; which may in itself be a whole new level of hell.

Ditto on the not eating/sleeping well part; also impacting my job (only have long term 'creative' projects to work on..) I'm so grateful my (slightly more patient) fiance is putting up with me. I'm the USC.

Regarding calling the CSC:

I wonder if this has happened before? I know (from reading around VJ) that you may sometimes ask to speak with a 'supervisor' about things, but I'm not sure under which circumstances.

Edited by bluebook14

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

LOL david!! did you get through?? if so, did they have your case number?

I did get through, Shellymarie, and a very nice woman told me it was taking 35 days. When I gave her my Receipt Number, she said "nothing yet". But I noticed you got yours very quickly, like 11 business days. Were you calling every day?

January 3, 2015 Met on internet chat/dating site and soon after became a couple.

April 9, 2015 First visit to Medellin.

April 14, 2015 Got engaged the day before David flew back home. Met Nelson's mother and showed her our rings. :wow:

April 17, 2015 Filed I-129F

April 22, 2015 NOA-1 date

May 23, 2015 2nd trip to Medellin - Had lunch with Nelson's family and spent more quality time together.

June 9, 2015 3rd trip to Medellin - Spent more time with Nelson's mother, met Nelson's friends and began making plans for October wedding

June 10, 2015 RFE receipt date

June 15, 2015 Hard copy of RFE received

June 16, 2015 Mailed overnight RFE reply.

June 17, 2015 RFE reply received from USCIS (notified by email).

June 22, 2015 NOA-2 date

June 29, 2015 Received NOA-2 hard copy

July 13, 2015 NVC Case Number Assigned

July 21, 2015 Case "Ready" at Bogota CEAC.

July 31, 2015 Packet 3 Received

Aug 14-21, 2015 4th and final trip to Colombia (at least for a year or so) to be there for interview !!!!

August 19, 2015 Interview, Approved conditionally

October 23, 2015 Stuck in Admin Processing

November 16, 2015 Status changed to READY

November 19, 2015 Status changed to ISSUED :dancing:

November 26, 2015 Arrival in US ........ Truly a THANKSGIVING !!

December 31, 2015 New Year's Eve Wedding (L)(L)(L)(L)

January 11, 2016 Filed AOS I-485 and EAD.

September 19, 2016 Interview for I-485 APPROVED !!!!!!!!

September 23, 2016 Received notice that GREEN CARD WAS MAILED ..... :dancing:

Timeline

To the April filers who still have not received their NOA-2, I think there must be something wrong. If you didn't receive an RFE, and your case is not "extremely complicated" (criminal history or 12 prior marriages, etc.), then the wait seems to be too long !!

There must be somebody who can provide answers at the CSC !!

I will tell you that I do not think that writing your Congressperson or Senator will help. Before I began this entire process, I wrote to my Senator and asked if there was anything that we could do to expedite the process even before it began. I received a letter back telling me that in "matters related to immigration, elected officials were strictly prohibited from involvement". I don't know if this is just what they tell people because they must get a lot of requests, or what. But just FYI. Congrats if anyone else has better results.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for the April filers !! Hey, it is 7/7. Might be a lucky day !!!

January 3, 2015 Met on internet chat/dating site and soon after became a couple.

April 14, 2015 Got engaged the day before David flew back home. Met Nelson's mother and showed her our rings. :wow:

May 23, 2015 2nd trip to Medellin - Had lunch with Nelson's family and spent more quality time together.

June 9, 2015 3rd trip to Medellin - Spent more time with Nelson's mother, met Nelson's friends and began making plans for October wedding

June 22, 2015 NOA-2 date

Aug 14-21, 2015 4th and final trip to Colombia (at least for a year or so) to be there for interview !!!!

Timeline

aww i'm sorry! it'll get there!

nope, not every day. i got my NOA2 on the 11th, i called the first time on the 23rd (knowing it wouldnt be there, but just wanted to get a feel for the automated system and if i had to press any prompts etc). i called again on the 26th. then the 29th (a monday) i called in the morning and was actually told it wasn't there yet...i called back again in the evening and was told it was received on the 27th :huh2: LOL! and got my case number. clearly they don't always give accurate information. i was told yesterday that my case was sent to the embassy on july 2nd, but it was actually sent on june 29th or 30th. :huh2: lol

in my opinion...evening is probably better to call, because if they didnt do anything with your case the day before, then your status is going to be the same when you call the next morning. but if you call in the evening, it's possible they'll have done something with your case that day. so definitely keep trying!!!

I did get through, Shellymarie, and a very nice woman told me it was taking 35 days. When I gave her my Receipt Number, she said "nothing yet". But I noticed you got yours very quickly, like 11 business days. Were you calling every day?

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are you going to be staying until the approval/interview? (will you attend the interview with her?)

I wish I could visit my fiancee in Ecuador but it will mean I would need to stay with her there until the final interview, which requires an extended Ecuadorian visa; which may in itself be a whole new level of hell.

Ditto on the not eating/sleeping well part; also impacting my job (only have long term 'creative' projects to work on..) I'm so grateful my (slightly more patient) fiance is putting up with me. I'm the USC.

Regarding calling the CSC:

I wonder if this has happened before? I know (from reading around VJ) that you may sometimes ask to speak with a 'supervisor' about things, but I'm not sure under which circumstances.

I was figuring on a maximum 8 month time between application and interview based on past trends, so I scheduled a visit about half way in between so we could at least be together for a couple of weeks. Now it looks like this is going to drag out much further than expected. I can't stay with her until the interview because of job constraints.

Timeline

aww i'm sorry! it'll get there!

nope, not every day. i got my NOA2 on the 11th, i called the first time on the 23rd (knowing it wouldnt be there, but just wanted to get a feel for the automated system and if i had to press any prompts etc). i called again on the 26th. then the 29th (a monday) i called in the morning and was actually told it wasn't there yet...i called back again in the evening and was told it was received on the 27th :huh2: LOL! and got my case number. clearly they don't always give accurate information. i was told yesterday that my case was sent to the embassy on july 2nd, but it was actually sent on june 29th or 30th. :huh2: lol

in my opinion...evening is probably better to call, because if they didnt do anything with your case the day before, then your status is going to be the same when you call the next morning. but if you call in the evening, it's possible they'll have done something with your case that day. so definitely keep trying!!!

Sounds like excellent advice !! Thank you Shellymarie.

June 22, 2015 NOA-2 date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey guys! I got my noa2 on June 15th and I wondering if it is necessary to call the nvc to ask for my number...we dont really have the time to be waiting for ever on the telephone, plus i dont want to torture myself again by checking the website to see how our case is going. my logic right now is...we have to wait for the package to arrive anyways lol

Timeline

i don't think it's "necessary" at this very moment but eventually, you're going to need it. you'll need it to know when your case was received by the embassy so you can continue the process etc. they are open 7am to midnight, so there's plenty of time during the whole day to get through, even if it means waiting. for me, it's worth it to just get it now as opposed to risking not being able to get through later when you really need it. good luck!

Hey guys! I got my noa2 on June 15th and I wondering if it is necessary to call the nvc to ask for my number...we dont really have the time to be waiting for ever on the telephone, plus i dont want to torture myself again by checking the website to see how our case is going. my logic right now is...we have to wait for the package to arrive anyways lol

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Timeline

They will mail you the notice. But some countries allow you to go on-line to complete the DS-160 and schedule the interview just as soon as you have the NVC Case Number. So that is why I am so anxious to get the Case Number .......... so my fiance and I can then go right on line, complete the DS-160 and at least have the interview date booked. (assuming that the first available is like a month out or so).

June 22, 2015 NOA-2 date

I finally got through to the nvc people and they still don't have my case numb

After 45 tries of calling and finally getting through its so heartbreaking when they say they haven't received it and to call back in 35 calendar days ?. I must learn to be more patient! Hopefully the wait will be just a bit longer. I don't know what I'd do without this website! Thank you all! ❤️

Just try couple days after! vGood vibes!!!

I called every two or three days

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Igor's list shows another April filer (4/2) who got their RFE yesterday..

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=196479

Spoiler

AOS

10/23/2015: File for AOS, AP and EAD

10/31/2015: NOA1 for AOS, AP and EAD

11/16/2015: Biometrics Appointment Letter received
11/25/2015: Biometrics Appointment
12/16/2015: e-mail about Interview scheduled for 2/10/2016
12/18/2015: Physical Interview Appointment in mail

01/25/2016: EAD & AP cards received in mail

02/10/2016: Interview @ local USCIS

02/11/2016: Approval

02/17/2016: GC received!

09/27/2017: Moved to FL

ROC

01/27/2018: Filed I751

02/05/2018: NOA1 received, GC extended for 1 year

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.