DavenRoxy

Why isn't Al Sharpton in jail for tax evasion?

Why isn't Al Sharpton in jail for tax evasion?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Why isn't Al Sharpton in jail for tax evasion?

• Is it because he's black?
    • Is it because he's famous?
    • Is it because Obama thinks so much of his ?dedication to the righteous cause of perfecting our union.???

111 posts in this topic

no, i didn't describe overpayment - i was describing eic. i qualified for eic up till a few years ago. i'm not delusional about how eic functions and the name 'eic' or 'tax refund' doesn't cause any confusion..i get it. loopholes are loopholes, and when it comes to transparancy EIC is right out in the open. everybody knows it's welfare.

but did you read the part where i said she has four dependants? on one income below 26,000 a year. think about that a minute.

fact remains that eic refunds get injected right back into the economy. wealth amassed by individuals/corporations that loophole themselves into paying next to nothing? just creates MORE wealth without injecting anything back into the economy.

Just maybe if we stoped funding people to spit out babies they would stop doing it

I know thats crazy right.

I mean surely welfare etc had nothing to do with the destruction of the black family right ?

Case study-- Shorty has 6 kids. Makes 10.25 per hour. Pays a total of about 300 year in Fed Income Tax. On every Govt program known to man.

Gets wife preggy with number 7. Get's back about 7K in Tax refunds. Files FLMA because wife is preggy. Parties like a rock star for about a month or better on 7K.

One of many real life scenarios I witnessed. Happens all the time .

If you think that kind of Govt aided stupidity is good for anyone including Shorty you are either impaired or stoned.

you've mentioned shorty before. you don't like people who have children and are on welfare, i get it.

Just maybe if we stoped funding people to spit out babies they would stop doing it

I know thats crazy right.

I mean surely welfare etc had nothing to do with the destruction of the black family right ?

how's the state of the white family? thanks for bringing this back on topic, i thought we were talking about paying taxes. but right, black destruction..

you've mentioned shorty before. you don't like people who have children and are on welfare, i get it.

how's the state of the white family? thanks for bringing this back on topic, i thought we were talking about paying taxes. but right, black destruction..

Don't approve of my money funding people to have children they can't afford and will not raise to be productive memebrs of society.

everybody makes mistake but when someone has 4 govt dependent kids by age 24 we have an issue

Don't approve of my money funding people to have children they can't afford and will not raise to be productive memebrs of society.

everybody makes mistake but when someone has 4 govt dependent kids by age 24 we have an issue

we pay to support social services to provide a better environment. i guess it comes down to if you believe that a poor people in general don't want what's best for their families and use any excuse not to work. sure some people are like that, but without social services the number of those types of people only multiply.

i'm not really interested in judging when people have children or how many. what are you going to do about people having babies?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please explain how taking money away from someone who already receives some form of gov't subsidy makes sense.

I agree that the flat tax is a fair way to go for people that earn a a high enough wage to qualify. If someone doesn't make enough money to live without gov't assistance then it serves no purpose to take more money away from them.

First of all, I did not mention anything about people that are receiving gov't subsidies in this thread. You are attempting to read my mind - get off your high horse and stop repeating this.

Second of all, the whole point of a flat tax is that everybody that earns income pays a flat percentage. Carving out the extremes defeats its inherent fairness. Earn almost nothing, pay almost nothing. Earn a lot, pay a lot. Not a thing wrong with that.

Timeline

So we should take money from people who do not make enough to support themselves in full or for whom taking taxes would alter the balance to make them unable to support themselves? Thus making it so that their tax obligation means that they must then borrow or take money from the government in order to survive?

If you do not want these people to pay taxes, maybe we should take away their color televisions and air conditioning. If they have enough disposable income to pay for such luxuries, surely it is not too much for society to ask them to kick in a little.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you do not want these people to pay taxes, maybe we should take away their color televisions and air conditioning. If they have enough disposable income to pay for such luxuries, surely it is not too much for society to ask them to kick in a little.

Air conditioning is not a luxury for people with a great many medical conditions. Not a luxury AT ALL.

And you honestly believe that people who are living on the edge between making it every month and not making it every month should have all the things that make life not completely and absolutely suck taken away from them? My colour tv I had in college was found on the side of the road with a 'free' sign on the side of it--my food budget was ten dollars a week, losing fifty cents of that meant going hungry. How would taking away my tv have done anything other than make me miserable?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

Coincidentally, that's how it works. They're called FICA taxes and are due on the very first dollar earned.

I am sick of you liberals equating FICA taxes with Federal income taxes. FICA is small potatoes and you know it. The 51% pay no Federal income taxes.

It's like the same stupid argument when bleeding hearts cry: "they pay sales taxes, so they have contributed." Yeah, that 10 cent sales tax on their beef jerky really compares to what a working stiff (or a rich person) pays in real income taxes. Right...

Each of the other 49% have to work until (I think) June of each year just to pay our income taxes and support the freeloaders!

Because poor people really aren't people at all.

That is an uncalled for, inflammatory comment. Teddy, you are better than that.

First of all, I did not mention anything about people that are receiving gov't subsidies in this thread. You are attempting to read my mind - get off your high horse and stop repeating this.

Second of all, the whole point of a flat tax is that everybody that earns income pays a flat percentage. Carving out the extremes defeats its inherent fairness. Earn almost nothing, pay almost nothing. Earn a lot, pay a lot. Not a thing wrong with that.

:rolleyes: Nice dodge. When you're backed into a corner, always deflect.

You said everyone needs to pay taxes with no exceptions no matter how much income they have. I've asked you numerous times to explain how it would be advantageous to take tax money from people on low incomes, paying no taxes and collecting some form of gov't subsidy. You have yet to answer but I''ll wait maybe this time you'll dig deep and come up with sumthin.

:clock:

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Teddy B

this is great. yes. take away the color tvs and air conditioning, force the poor to live in proper squalor!

oddly enough my son was asking me why we pay taxes, he wants to get a summer job and complained that paying taxes isn't fair. so i had to explain to him about how it is our responsbility as able-bodied individuals to pay our share for those of us who cannot work, or even don't work. i can't imagine telling him he should be angry that he has to contribute to the undesirables color tvs and airconditioning. what a self entitled brat i'd have on my hands huh.

Because poor people really aren't people at all.

The irony here is simply astounding.

Air conditioning is not a luxury for people with a great many medical conditions. Not a luxury AT ALL.

And you honestly believe that people who are living on the edge between making it every month and not making it every month should have all the things that make life not completely and absolutely suck taken away from them? My colour tv I had in college was found on the side of the road with a 'free' sign on the side of it--my food budget was ten dollars a week, losing fifty cents of that meant going hungry. How would taking away my tv have done anything other than make me miserable?

But oddly enough mankind survived millions of years without it . I went to school 12 years with no AC.

AC is a luxury make no mistake about it

If you find a free TV then I am all for them having it . If they have enough money to have a large screen TV they purchased they don't need our help. Easy logic simple stuff really.

this is great. yes. take away the color tvs and air conditioning, force the poor to live in proper squalor!

oddly enough my son was asking me why we pay taxes, he wants to get a summer job and complained that paying taxes isn't fair. so i had to explain to him about how it is our responsbility as able-bodied individuals to pay our share for those of us who cannot work, or even don't work. i can't imagine telling him he should be angry that he has to contribute to the undesirables color tvs and airconditioning. what a self entitled brat i'd have on my hands huh.

Can't work... Yes by all means

Won't work.. Let them starve. When the hunger pains hit, they will go to work.. trust me

Timeline

But oddly enough mankind survived millions of years without it . I went to school 12 years with no AC.

If you find a free TV then I am all for them having it . If they have enough money to have a large screen TV they purchased they don't need our help. Easy logic simple stuff really.

Um. You do realize that asthmatic and immunosuppressed and disabled children often died in childhood until the past couple of decades, right? And that the elderly basically all died in their sixties or earlier? Asthmatic people--need air conditioning. In Canada, asthmatic people actually can qualify for government grants to buy air conditioning units. Immunosuppressed people--depending on environment, need air conditioning (this includes people with organ transplants, people with various illnesses that lower immune response, HIV...). A lot of elderly people die every year in heat waves due to not having air conditioning.

You're lucky to be healthy and to have a healthy family. May you never know a person with a condition where air conditioning is not optional. May you never know what it is to watch a terminally ill child panting on the floor of a living room because the air conditioner broke down and they can barely breathe.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Won't work.. Let them starve. When the hunger pains hit, they will go to work.. trust me

The South wouldn't be anywhere today,.without the invention of air conditioning.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

She said DON'T work, not won't work. You advocate letting a person who's been laid off lose their home and be unable to feed their family while they search for work? Because a lot of people who don't work, that's why.

March 13, 2014 Married!