wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, Luke's POE is in 4 days. He's coming through JFK and I think he's been reading way too many reviews on the process of going through security there. I've arrived from international flights through Philadelphia before and they even gave me a hard time, so we went with JFK. Not to mention the flight times and layovers were a bit easier.

I'll check in with you all here and there, but seeing as we're past the interview stage we don't really fit the bill for this thread any longer :(

Good luck to everyone with an upcoming interview and/or medical!!

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well, Luke's POE is in 4 days. He's coming through JFK and I think he's been reading way too many reviews on the process of going through security there. I've arrived from international flights through Philadelphia before and they even gave me a hard time, so we went with JFK. Not to mention the flight times and layovers were a bit easier.

I'll check in with you all here and there, but seeing as we're past the interview stage we don't really fit the bill for this thread any longer :(

Good luck to everyone with an upcoming interview and/or medical!!

The worst of this long, gruelling phase is almost over for you guys at last. You must be so excited :)

Please don't leave the thread. I struggled to think of a title and you absolutely belong on here. I think it's become a little family of where we are all more or less in the same phase of this process and it would be great to have your updates and hear how Luke manages at POE, settling in, wedding plans, etc. (F)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Woohoo case has been updated so that means they got our medical results. So hopefully we get our letters for interview next week. And it's so awesome being able to follow along with everyone because we predicted when to be updated based on James and them and that was based on Lee's Haha that's awesome!

Timeline

Our case was updated too but that's actually our 3rd update now so IMO it could be the results are in or they sent out the interview letters. Clearly I'm being highly optimistic lol ? And in unrelated news- just because I really am sick of seeing it- someone posted today "got approved on just 3 weeks!" ....now I understand being excited & that this is the governments lack of intelligence that has caused this to happen...but I just really feel strongly that the fact there are people at 300 days and no approval- to see that is like getting punched in the stomach. And a TSC member politely made a similar statement to what I just said and the response they got was "I do not have any sympathy for people whining and crying about how long their approval is taking. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up for this." Now being a strong willed Italian woman my first instinct was to reply to that ignorance. But honestly my blood pressure can't take it anymore lol. I just am really confused how some people can be so inconsiderate. I don't know about everyone else, but my health, my mental and emotional stability and my job have all suffered greatly from this process. I didn't sign up for any of that. I just wanted to marry the love of my life who happens to be British. It just really affects me when I see that stuff. And yes, most of e time I ignore it...but when it's constantly in your face it's difficult to do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our case was updated too but that's actually our 3rd update now so IMO it could be the results are in or they sent out the interview letters. Clearly I'm being highly optimistic lol And in unrelated news- just because I really am sick of seeing it- someone posted today "got approved on just 3 weeks!" ....now I understand being excited & that this is the governments lack of intelligence that has caused this to happen...but I just really feel strongly that the fact there are people at 300 days and no approval- to see that is like getting punched in the stomach. And a TSC member politely made a similar statement to what I just said and the response they got was "I do not have any sympathy for people whining and crying about how long their approval is taking. You knew what you were getting into when you signed up for this." Now being a strong willed Italian woman my first instinct was to reply to that ignorance. But honestly my blood pressure can't take it anymore lol. I just am really confused how some people can be so inconsiderate. I don't know about everyone else, but my health, my mental and emotional stability and my job have all suffered greatly from this process. I didn't sign up for any of that. I just wanted to marry the love of my life who happens to be British. It just really affects me when I see that stuff. And yes, most of e time I ignore it...but when it's constantly in your face it's difficult to do

I (and others) have actually had multiple conversations with mods about that sort of posting. I see it as a sort of antagonistic, taunting post. Intending to upset people. Mods see it as people just being happy and we all should be happy for them or STFU, basically. And we should ignore if we can't be overjoyed for them. Whatever.

Edited by Wooderz

Yeah I'm in fb group and I would get so mad about the people that waited like 2 months through California and were complaining how long it took etc... It makes me so angry at how the process is, because there are so many people that I know that filed after us that were in CA and have already been here for a few months and married now and everything and it really just makes me mad. And yes it may be bitter but I don't care, I feel like we have earned that right with our blood, sweat and tears lol Hopefully it'll all be done soon. But the AOS paperwork is a tad bit confusing to me.

Timeline

Yeah I'm in fb group and I would get so mad about the people that waited like 2 months through California and were complaining how long it took etc... It makes me so angry at how the process is, because there are so many people that I know that filed after us that were in CA and have already been here for a few months and married now and everything and it really just makes me mad. And yes it may be bitter but I don't care, I feel like we have earned that right with our blood, sweat and tears lol Hopefully it'll all be done soon. But the AOS paperwork is a tad bit confusing to me.

I found a really good link about the AOS paperwork- I'll post it later. It is really daunting. Because most people apply for AOS- their EAD and the form for traveling outside the states all at one time. That's the one I'm confuse with- because that's optional. But I'm wondering if it's necessary if you're not planning on traveling outside of the states while your waiting for your greencard. I also read that even if you have the form from the medical acknowledging you have all your immunizations- that people still go to a civil surgeon in the states to get it notarized because people have received RFE's for just sending the immunization forms. There's a lot more to AOS than the K-1....and I thought that was bad ??

Yes that is the form I am most confused about myself. And it's not necessary but we wanted to get it simply in case of a family emergency during our wait that he would need to return for. But I'm not sure how to complete it , I mean I know advance parole but it has a place to select intended travel dates and stuff. And I wonder if those are ok left blank? Because there isn't any it is just simply done for an in case situation. So I'm not sure. And I am wondering if those people that got RFE is because of either what place they had it done, like what country, or if it was missing certain things. LIke on all of ours and we had to have it fixed. So maybe that is the case and that's why it had to be done maybe?

Timeline

Is the AP a separate fee? Or is it included in the $1070? I thought I saw somewhere that it was like an extra $300....I don't know if we can even afford that. We're having our big wedding in September & doing a small ceremony when he gets here. And I don't have to tell you how much American weddings cost lol.

If you file it and the work permit at the same time as you do your aos it is just the aos fee but if you do it later separately then it's extra So that's why there is a price on it. But if you do them all together there isn't. That's why I wanted to just do it then just in case.

Timeline

If you file it and the work permit at the same time as you do your aos it is just the aos fee but if you do it later separately then it's extra So that's why there is a price on it. But if you do them all together there isn't. That's why I wanted to just do it then just in case.

Oh the we'll most likely file in then too. If it doesn't cost extra it would be worth doing- as you said in case of an emergency

I found a really good link about the AOS paperwork- I'll post it later. It is really daunting. Because most people apply for AOS- their EAD and the form for traveling outside the states all at one time. That's the one I'm confuse with- because that's optional. But I'm wondering if it's necessary if you're not planning on traveling outside of the states while your waiting for your greencard. I also read that even if you have the form from the medical acknowledging you have all your immunizations- that people still go to a civil surgeon in the states to get it notarized because people have received RFE's for just sending the immunization forms. There's a lot more to AOS than the K-1....and I thought that was bad ??

Yes that is the form I am most confused about myself. And it's not necessary but we wanted to get it simply in case of a family emergency during our wait that he would need to return for. But I'm not sure how to complete it , I mean I know advance parole but it has a place to select intended travel dates and stuff. And I wonder if those are ok left blank? Because there isn't any it is just simply done for an in case situation. So I'm not sure. And I am wondering if those people that got RFE is because of either what place they had it done, like what country, or if it was missing certain things. LIke on all of ours and we had to have it fixed. So maybe that is the case and that's why it had to be done maybe?

Absolutely apply for the AP travel document! No question about it. It is free to file. Any K1 will be approved. No dates or fancy reason is required. You may not plan to travel back but what if a close relative in the UK dies in some accident? Do you want to make the choice of attending the funeral and thus starting the whole visa process over from scratch and waiting another year to come back? Or would you be okay to skip going back to see your family? Some greencards are taking a year now. You can have the AP travel and EAD IN 60-90 days from filing AOS.

Do not spend money on a civil surgeon if your shots are recorded on your DS-3025. I have studied this topic probably more than anybody. It's been "my thing" since 2008. Many people who posted RFEs simply did not understand what a complete DS-3025 was. Some were sending in incomplete ones because they thought it must be good if they got the visa. Well no, a K1 does not have to be complete to get a visa so their DS-3025 was not necessarily complete. There was a period (Nov 2010 I think) when the contractors at the lockbox changed. The new company came in and for several months rejected every packet that didn't have an I-693. I researched what could have changed and learned about the new contract. I wrote the head of the company and told them their people had not been properly educated about K1s. Those initial rejections stopped. I have corresponded with USCIS and spoken with Congressman Ron Paul who is actually a doctor by profession about the immunization issues and civil surgeons ripping K1 people off.

Other RFEs are not because of the DS-3025, but because your whole medical file did not get matched up with your AOS application. USCIS does sometimes lose your file so can't approve until you have the whole medical clearance done over. Even if you had a civil surgeon do your immunization clearance, you would still get an RFE if your medical exam was lost by USCIS. Then you would have paid for the immunization form and would have to go back and pay again for a complete exam.

So the comment from your source saying people still get RFEs probably didn't study those RFEs which almost always have an explanation. Hundreds...thousands have been approved without a civil surgeon since I started following it way back. I just tried it with no previous guidance...kind of a rebel. Then I started researching and studying it. And be assured, an RFE is no big deal on AOS. You are in the States, living your life with your spouse. So what if your greencard takes a year and two weeks instead of only a year because you got an RFE? My suggestion is if you know you have all the shots, then don't pay somebody to copy them onto a new form until you are forced to by USCIS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Absolutely apply for the AP travel document! No question about it. It is free to file. Any K1 will be approved. No dates or fancy reason is required. You may not plan to travel back but what if a close relative in the UK dies in some accident? Do you want to make the choice of attending the funeral and thus starting the whole visa process over from scratch and waiting another year to come back? Or would you be okay to skip going back to see your family? Some greencards are taking a year now. You can have the AP travel and EAD IN 60-90 days from filing AOS.

Do not spend money on a civil surgeon if your shots are recorded on your DS-3025. I have studied this topic probably more than anybody. It's been "my thing" since 2008. Many people who posted RFEs simply did not understand what a complete DS-3025 was. Some were sending in incomplete ones because they thought it must be good if they got the visa. Well no, a K1 does not have to be complete to get a visa so their DS-3025 was not necessarily complete. There was a period (Nov 2010 I think) when the contractors at the lockbox changed. The new company came in and for several months rejected every packet that didn't have an I-693. I researched what could have changed and learned about the new contract. I wrote the head of the company and told them their people had not been properly educated about K1s. Those initial rejections stopped. I have corresponded with USCIS and spoken with Congressman Ron Paul who is actually a doctor by profession about the immunization issues and civil surgeons ripping K1 people off.

Other RFEs are not because of the DS-3025, but because your whole medical file did not get matched up with your AOS application. USCIS does sometimes lose your file so can't approve until you have the whole medical clearance done over. Even if you had a civil surgeon do your immunization clearance, you would still get an RFE if your medical exam was lost by USCIS. Then you would have paid for the immunization form and would have to go back and pay again for a complete exam.

So the comment from your source saying people still get RFEs probably didn't study those RFEs which almost always have an explanation. Hundreds...thousands have been approved without a civil surgeon since I started following it way back. I just tried it with no previous guidance...kind of a rebel. Then I started researching and studying it. And be assured, an RFE is no big deal on AOS. You are in the States, living your life with your spouse. So what if your greencard takes a year and two weeks instead of only a year because you got an RFE? My suggestion is if you know you have all the shots, then don't pay somebody to copy them onto a new form until you are forced to by USCIS.

Thank you.... I was actually looking for your comments in that thread to see if what I was reading was correct, so I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm also trying to find the best thread pertaining to the cover letters/ assembly of the AOS. The one I found seemed pretty informative and had examples of cover letters for each portion of the AOS. Do you have a link you could add here for that? Thanks again for your help!

Thank you.... I was actually looking for your comments in that thread to see if what I was reading was correct, so I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm also trying to find the best thread pertaining to the cover letters/ assembly of the AOS. The one I found seemed pretty informative and had examples of cover letters for each portion of the AOS. Do you have a link you could add here for that? Thanks again for your help!

This is my AOS list which I have posted in Google docs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

You can use it as a check list for organizing, take the bulleted parts and turn into a cover letter personalized to yourself. I would submit the documents in the order they are listed. Put a paper clip to hold each application separately. The I485 is more papers, so a small bulldog clip or giant paper clip may be needed. Then before you mail it, make an exact copy, page by page, of EVERYTHING you are sending including the check. An exact copy gives you something to look at if it got lost, or you got an RFE. You know for sure exactly what you sent and aren't guessing what was in the packet.

Most important is actually reading the instruction pages that go with the forms. They have details that people giving a brief post on VJ can't cover. Many people mess up their I-864. There are 13 pages of instructions for that one form. A VJ post won't cover every person's exact situation. Some have a joint sponsor, some didn't file a return, some don't know what exactly a "complete" tax return should include. We never got an RFE from fiancé petition to citizenship, but I am an avid reader of form instructions. I print everything out and read every word marking with a highlighter things that apply to me. I cross out things that don't apply, like if it's talking about refugees or something that we're not. Then I go back and read again, especially what I highlighted as important.

And if you haven't discovered the VJ example forms yet, look in the blue menu bar at the top of the page. They are very helpful on things you are not sure about like you category on the EAD form is ( C ) ( 9 ) when you apply in conjunction with AOS. And same form--what to answer as my current immigration status.

Never be in such a hurry to submit that you skip reading the instructions, sample forms, and making a duplicate copy for your records.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.