wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes exactly like still getting your soul sucked dry one day at a time. One mouse click at a time.

Yes..... just like that. The people I work with are so used to seeing me sobbing they don't even ask anymore. Pathetic....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes exactly like still getting your soul sucked dry one day at a time. One mouse click at a time.

I've told myself i have to stop reading about the delays, its only going to make me feel worse. Just focusing on Monday and my interview and getting approved (Which im sure i will get approved), then just the limbo wait from there. Theres very little me, or any of us can do. Just have to hope on Monday they listen to what i have coming up in July, and give me some hope.

Thats what i need more than anything right now, hope.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Unfortunately for all of us if any of us are stuck in limbo for the technical issues then they can't help us. They have said they can't issue it even if they wanted to because it would mean skipping the security checks and they said they won't do that. :( Our only hope is "The 100 civilian and non-civilian experts working around the clock on this issue" can fix it early next week. Surely to god that many techs can figure it out. I mean come on, my stuff at work is never down more than 24 hours because we have experts. They need to find a good computer person already.

Timeline

We had a work picnic last Friday (2 days before his interview) and I was telling everyone that it was finally over- that looking at the trends online we would have our visa between 7-10 days. I was so happy...I felt like I could breathe again. I literally came home- opened my iPad- and saw the headline. What is most baffling to me is how it is taking this long to correct a glitch! They have private and public sector people working on this issue around the clock and you can't fix it???? All the technological minds we have in this country and you can't fix a glitch?! The only thing I'm happy about is that the ineptitude and incompetence of this immigration system is being brought to light. As someone said on the department of state page- how is it that you all do not have a plan B? Especially because something similar happened last year! And they are grasping at straws right now trying to explain this to the public and are failing miserably.

Timeline

I've told myself i have to stop reading about the delays, its only going to make me feel worse. Just focusing on Monday and my interview and getting approved (Which im sure i will get approved), then just the limbo wait from there. Theres very little me, or any of us can do. Just have to hope on Monday they listen to what i have coming up in July, and give me some hope.

Thats what i need more than anything right now, hope.

My heart really does break for you & your fiancé. I do have faith that you will make it for your wedding- but I cannot imagine having to go through a pregnancy without my fiancé. As bad as I feel- I know this had to be a living hell for you both right now.

Yeah exactly the same thing. I mailed our invitations that I had been holding until after his interview. i smiled and we laughed and made plans. Finally we could breath and know this part of this was almost over But then the days keep going and going and still nothing. :cry::crying:

Timeline

My heart really does break for you & your fiancé. I do have faith that you will make it for your wedding- but I cannot imagine having to go through a pregnancy without my fiancé. As bad as I feel- I know this had to be a living hell for you both right now.

It is complete hell, i wake up every day just full of anxiety. I'm not eating right, not sleeping, its really affecting me.

I cant tell you how much it hurts. Its so incredibly hard to be here, its so heart-breaking to see her struggle. I'm worried that this stress and anxiety is going to harm her and the baby, it cant be good for them. I've gone through lots of stages of anger towards the visa system, despair, and now im at the stage of depressed acceptance that is out of our hands.

Theres lots of other people hurting just as much as us, i just cant believe this happened, now, it had to happen now didn't it?

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Timeline

Yay exactly how I feel, why know? Why us? Just been such a struggle.

I know, its horrible.

One thing that comforts me, is thinking about the plane flight home, the feeling of running into the arms of my loved one, and knowing its forever, i don't ever have to leave.

I keep grasping onto that.

Timeline

Random question, but is K1 considered a immigrant or non immigrant visa?

I get confused on what its classed as, pretty sure its non..

Random question, but is K1 considered a immigrant or non immigrant visa?

I get confused on what its classed as, pretty sure its non..

It is a non-immigrant visa because you do not get a greencard upon entry to the US like the immigrants. You get a 90 day entry. BUT in practice, the London embassy treats you as immigrant as far as who processes your paperwork, assigns your interview, takes your payment, and interviews you. That would be the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit, the ones who won't talk to you in the phone. If you use the contact form...go Immigrant visa route.

So for example, on the latest FAQ they published today http://www.usembassy.org.uk/specialrelationshipmagazine/will-the-technical-issues-affect-me-faqs-for-visa-applicants/ the part addressing non-immigrants is not to you.

There is a drop down in Step 1 of this non-immigrant page if you want to know the visas they are talking about when they speak of non-immigrant visas. http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/apply.html There's more than twenty.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

It is a non-immigrant visa because you do not get a greencard upon entry to the US like the immigrants. You get a 90 day entry. BUT in practice, the London embassy treats you as immigrant as far as who processes your paperwork, assigns your interview, takes your payment, and interviews you. That would be the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit, the ones who won't talk to you in the phone. If you use the contact form...go Immigrant visa route.

So for example, on the latest FAQ they published today http://www.usembassy.org.uk/specialrelationshipmagazine/will-the-technical-issues-affect-me-faqs-for-visa-applicants/ the part addressing non-immigrants is not to you.

There is a drop down in Step 1 of this non-immigrant page if you want to know the visas they are talking about when they speak of non-immigrant visas. http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/apply.html There's more than twenty.

Thanks, just gets a little confusing.

My question was regarding the interviews in light of the visa issues. I spoke to the London Embassy on Twitter the other day, and they confirmed to go ahead with my interview. Was just wondering what of the FAQ was related to me. I completed the DS-160 way back in May, so it seems my interview is still a go.

Thanks, just gets a little confusing.

My question was regarding the interviews in light of the visa issues. I spoke to the London Embassy on Twitter the other day, and they confirmed to go ahead with my interview. Was just wondering what of the FAQ was related to me. I completed the DS-160 way back in May, so it seems my interview is still a go.

Everything about a K1 is confusing. You do not fit with the rest of the immigration world. Wait 'til you get to the US and want a a SSN or bank account or driver license....sometimes a hassle because you are a square peg in a sea of round holes.

Go to your interview. But think carefully before leaving your passport if you still intend to go to the US for your scheduled "celebration" (I won't call a wedding) without a visa. You don't want to be in the dark wondering how to get it back for travel if this continues. Consider that London may be back logging a hundred visas per day until they print again. The security system is worldwide and will be bombarded when it is functional and considered no longer compromised. And there could be even further checks implemented if they suspect it was compromised by other nations for example. They can't say what is going on, but it's BIG in my opinion.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Everything about a K1 is confusing. You do not fit with the rest of the immigration world. Wait 'til you get to the US and want a a SSN or bank account or driver license....sometimes a hassle because you are a square peg in a sea of round holes.

Go to your interview. But think carefully before leaving your passport if you still intend to go to the US for your scheduled "celebration" (I won't call a wedding) without a visa. You don't want to be in the dark wondering how to get it back for travel if this continues. Consider that London may be back logging a hundred visas per day until they print again. The security system is worldwide and will be bombarded when it is functional and considered no longer compromised. And there could be even further checks implemented if they suspect it was compromised by other nations for example. They can't say what is going on, but it's BIG in my opinion.

Its a tough choice to make regarding the passport. Our kid is due Sept 21st, and could come early, and i really need to get living in the US asap. From the date of the interview, ill have 4 weeks and 3 days to get to the US for my wedding. I'm hoping and praying that would be enough. Most have been told 3-4, and a few people less for it to come through.

If i were to get approved, and take my passport with me, what would happen then?

Would i have to interview all over again? My concern is that if i had to interview, and wait for the visa again, im risking missing the birth of my child. As much as i cannot miss the wedding, i cant miss the (potential) birth of my child.

Its such a crappy position im put in here, theres really no winning.

Im so very frustrated, and down, and fed up with this whole thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.