Brewlin

problem with DS-260

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm filling in the electronic form DS-260 and at first when it asked me about previous work and education and i filled it in, it was fine. I saved and continued. However at one point I went back in the form for whatever reason, and now THAT particular page of previous work and edu is completely gone. It goes from current work directly to the military question. No where to be found. Only Present and Additional is viewable, not Previous. Did this happen to anyone else and it was still fine?

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

I'm filling in the electronic form DS-260 and at first when it asked me about previous work and education and i filled it in, it was fine. I saved and continued. However at one point I went back in the form for whatever reason, and now THAT particular page of previous work and edu is completely gone. It goes from current work directly to the military question. No where to be found. Only Present and Additional is viewable, not Previous. Did this happen to anyone else and it was still fine?

Yes, it took me 2 days of struggling, it happened just the same. Couldn't figure out what was going on for a long time. I don't know if it was a real issue, but I later I switched from Mozilla to Explorer and it went fine.

Timeline

Yes, it took me 2 days of struggling, it happened just the same. Couldn't figure out what was going on for a long time. I don't know if it was a real issue, but I later I switched from Mozilla to Explorer and it went fine.

I'm so grateful for your reply, I am filling it in on Chrome and I will test out Explorer next time I have enough energy. Took me 1,5hr just to fill in all my addresses since age 16....lol

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

I'm so grateful for your reply, I am filling it in on Chrome and I will test out Explorer next time I have enough energy. Took me 1,5hr just to fill in all my addresses since age 16....lol

It took me 5 hrs to fill in my addresses! It constantly showed "error", etc :D And another 3 hrs all employment history of 10 years. Some places I worked at do not exist anymore! Good that I am a junk keeper and I was able to find everything, but by the time I finished I knew everything by heart :D

All I understand is you don't have to press "save" when you finish the page. Just go to another page and the previous one saves automatically. Anyway, it seems that I took too much of time to do that and "session got expired" many many times without saving what I was working on. I then gave up, sat down and wrote down everything on a sheet of paper. Then switched to Explorer and it worked.

Good luck! :)

Timeline

My goodness, well then I won't complain. haha. I had no errors doing those, and the Swedish tax registry had ALL my Swedish addresses on file which I just asked for, all the way back to 1990(age 16) Amazing. They sure keep track of us here. lol

Luckily for me, the more-part of the last 10 years I was a "homemaker" I was home with our small children. So that was the easy part. haha

Check out my Timeline, our Timelines are actually similar sometimes! Good luck to you as well. Thanks for the information, I will definitely try Explorer next time.

Edited by Brewlin

Timeline

strangely enough, it's gone in Explorer too! UGH. I see they will do maintenance on the page on April 2, with a little luck they might fix that.

Once you sign it and save it (send it) then maybe stop worrying about it? You shouldn't be able to change anything after it's sent either.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yeah I think that's the best approach really (I haven't signed it yet) but I'll wait until April 2nd just in case.

I think trying to do the form over multiple days leads to issues. I agree that doing it all at once may be your best course. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm not sure if your asking if people had the same problem like with their computer lol or with having incorrect info on their ds260?If you are talking about errors on the ds260 then yes i have.I answered probably the worst question wrong and it's okay as long as when whomever it is goes to their interview they disclose that there was an error right at the beginning. GOOD LUCK!

Timeline

No, it's a technical error on their part. I emailed support and they're working on it. Not sure if I ever get that page back but whatever, not a deal breaker in my case. Thanks for the luck wishes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.