Mabenita

USEM MANILA

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE AN IDEA IF I (PETITIONER) CAN GO WITH MY FIANCE DURING THE INTERVIEW IN MANILA?

PLS SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU.

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from US Embassy/Consulate Discussion to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

As far as I know you can.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Timeline

As far as I know you can.

Thank u! :)

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Absolutely! Great experience too!!

Thank u. :)

Thank u. :)

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE AN IDEA IF I (PETITIONER) CAN GO WITH MY FIANCE DURING THE INTERVIEW IN MANILA?

This topic was just discussed last week. You may want to scroll back a few days and read the comments and experiences of those who have attended. You can even read my post as I attended my wife's interview..

But, to answer you directly YES the petitioner can go but must follow the posted rules. He may or may not participate at the window of either the Filipino CO or the US CO. It will be at their discretion. One bit of advise; look the CO in the eyes when you answer, be confident in your relationship, answer truthfully and smile. This can be the best day or the worst day of your life as it depends on your answers and attitude.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

This topic was just discussed last week. You may want to scroll back a few days and read the comments and experiences of those who have attended. You can even read my post as I attended my wife's interview..

But, to answer you directly YES the petitioner can go but must follow the posted rules. He may or may not participate at the window of either the Filipino CO or the US CO. It will be at their discretion. One bit of advise; look the CO in the eyes when you answer, be confident in your relationship, answer truthfully and smile. This can be the best day or the worst day of your life as it depends on your answers and attitude.

Good luck.

Whe I attended the interview I was welcome at all windows except the oath taking. I was asked to wait away from the window for that process. I had very little interaction with the Filipina that performed the initial screening and had great interaction with the American CO. My fiancée jokes that I was the one interviewed.

As a USC you have the option of going through a separate security screening line should you choose. The difference is that they will hold cell phones, lighters, and prohibited items for a USC.

Filed: Timeline

Yes you can go. I went with my then fiance and it was a neat experience. I personally recommend being there for her interview and flight back if you can. It really helps your fiance relax and have an easier time.

The lines were REALLY long when I was at the embassy. The thing to know is that you don't have to wait in those long lines. There is a separate line for spousal visa interviews at the front so don't be scared to walk up to the front to get in the correct line.

Timeline

Whe I attended the interview I was welcome at all windows except the oath taking. I was asked to wait away from the window for that process. I had very little interaction with the Filipina that performed the initial screening and had great interaction with the American CO. My fiancée jokes that I was the one interviewed.

As a USC you have the option of going through a separate security screening line should you choose. The difference is that they will hold cell phones, lighters, and prohibited items for a USC.

Thank u for sharing.. I cant wait to be with my fiance during the process.. :)

Yes you can go. I went with my then fiance and it was a neat experience. I personally recommend being there for her interview and flight back if you can. It really helps your fiance relax and have an easier time.

The lines were REALLY long when I was at the embassy. The thing to know is that you don't have to wait in those long lines. There is a separate line for spousal visa interviews at the front so don't be scared to walk up to the front to get in the correct line.

Thank you! Will take note on that.. :)

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

That's a good point about the long line. USC petitioner can also use the USC entrance door to the security screeners once finished with the line. Beneficiary can join the USC through that door as well. Many many people in the other door going through security. We did, then walked around the backside of the "ticket booth" to get in line for our ticket.

It's definitely a good idea to go together because it shows the interviewers that you are taking the process seriously rather than blindly rely on K-1 paperwork that says nothing about your potential as a couple. Initiative is a good thing when it comes to a process like this.

Lots of couples "blindly rely on paperwork" all the time. The petitioner attending is a possible plus, but not attending won't hurt the case as long as you have the proof of a real relationship.

Saw lots of fiances interviewing alone when I went with my wife for her IR-1 interview and aside from a 221g due to an "unclean" NBI clearance most of the ones I was eavesdropping on sounded like approvals.

Bottom line, attending can only help. Not attending won't hurt you.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Hi everybody good day to all, I was at my wife's interview on February 12th and I'm sure that made a difference cuz they asked her questions about me and my work and how much i make and about the tax forms too, and they looked over our chat logs and were joking how we talked to one another so overall it was a good day approved, so just have all of your documents in order along with your supporting evidence and you will be fine, and good luck on the rest of your journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.