typo808

Time frame for mom to get tourist visa-Philippines to USA, permanent resident

53 posts in this topic

Congrats Dalyn!

My parents' interview schedule is in 2 weeks. Crossing my fingers they will get the same result as yours. How did your mom request for an interpreter? Did she ask before she even got to the window for the interview with the consul?

When she got to the window she told the Consul that she can't understand or speak English well so the Consul asked her if she wants to have an interpreter and she said Yes, definitely :).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to give you a little encouragement :)

My mom, dad, niece and nephew were approved for a b1/b2 visa yesterday. :)

They did not have to show proof of funds or properties. I think there is a high rate of approval for seniors and minors :) So do not worry :) Goodluck to you! And congrats to your upcoming BUNDLE OF JOY :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mom had her interview today for her tourist visa. She approached it with honesty and provided as much info as possible, verbally.

Professional mid-wife going to visit her newborn grand daughter. She is worried about her daughter being a new country with no relatives and a newborn daughter. Also to see her son-in-law and meet his relatives. She plans to stay 3 months and return. Only makes 3000php every 3 months with 23,000php in the bank and no ticket yet. No property, no "employer" and "employer letter", 2 children still in high school. No pictures with family to be visited, no other info other than a desire to see her family abroad. No invitation letter from us.

APPROVED!

Edited by typo808

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wa wa wa - congratulations !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Congratulations!!! I am glad it worked out for her to be able to visit!! It is nice to see a success story!

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The only bummer part was MIL fell for the "extra ds160! you need this! Buy it for 500php!" Scam executed by the "embassy assistants" near the entrance. Oh well, 12 bucks. Lol!

Only questions were,

How many kids do you have?

How long are you traveling for?

Who is paying for your trip?

What does the payer do for a living?

Go sit down and wait for your number.

Number called, final question: delivery or pick up?

Go figure!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - please let us know of the menu of the first meal that Moms cooks after she arrives, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Mom had her interview today for her tourist visa. She approached it with honesty and provided as much info as possible, verbally.

Professional mid-wife going to visit her newborn grand daughter. She is worried about her daughter being a new country with no relatives and a newborn daughter. Also to see her son-in-law and meet his relatives. She plans to stay 3 months and return. Only makes 3000php every 3 months with 23,000php in the bank and no ticket yet. No property, no "employer" and "employer letter", 2 children still in high school. No pictures with family to be visited, no other info other than a desire to see her family abroad. No invitation letter from us.

APPROVED!

Hi! May I ask how old was your MIL?

Hey there, I would like to let you know that my mother passed her interview yesterday. She was interviewed for less than 5 minutes and she said she had a very good experience because they accommodated her request for her to have a interpreter, Plus take note they didn't look or asked for any documents. They asked her a few questions about me and ofcourse mostly about her. She was just very honest on all of their questions like:

1. Who will paying for her trip? which is me and my husband here.

2. Who is supporting her because she is not working? She said me, her daughter since after my college I had been supporting them and yes until now but she mentioned she also have a youngest son who is also helping her out.

3. How long is she staying in US? She said 2 months, by late summer to fall

4. If she is thinking to get a citizenship in here? She said a big NO, it is very COLD in New Hampshire...

That was it and the consul asked for her passport and gave my mother a thumbs up. She was so surprised and asked them if she is all set?? Because after all of our preparation, meaning all the documentation and paper work, they didn't asked any of it. I am not complaining but my mother was hahaha.. So thankful to God and we will see her on 1st week of Aug this year and then planning for her to go back to the Philippines by mid or end of October.

But be prepared for documentation maybe my mother just get so lucky that they didn't asked any documents from her but according to her there are so many out there in her batch that they were asking for them to show some supporting documents.

Hope your mother in law will pass her interview too, that will help your wife emotionally too.. Because seeing her Mom around while she is giving birth and someone will take care of her and her baby..that is a big deal...Goodluck!

How old is your mom? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.