9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ family!

I will really appreciate it if someone could give me a hint on how long it takes to complete background check fingerprinting. My fingerprint was taken on Feb. 26, for my N-400 application, and I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes the FBI to complete the background check, before my citizenship interview can be scheduled.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to US Citizenship Process Forum~

~Inquiry about citizenship biometrics, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There is really no answer to how long exactly is it before you are scheduled for interview. There are many factors that come into play here such as your local office, your specific case, and some extraordinary forces (such as government shutdown, bad weather, careless handling by USCIS crew). However, you are not hopeless, you can go to your specific filer thread in this forum and guesstimate your time by looking at similar people (time received by USCIS, local office, etc.) or you could go to previous filer threads and obtain the same information from there - I did the same. Really as much as I wanted to give you something to hold on you, I am rendered helpless in this situation.

Let me give you an example, in my filer thread (December), I have another guy who had the same exact timeline as mine up until the point when we both received yellow letter in Jan. Since then I have had my interview and been naturalized while he is still not even in-line. What could have happened? Not sure, maybe he did not update his timeline, but one thing I know for a fact is that we have different local offices and of course different cases. What I am trying to say is it is really no way for you to tell when you have your interview. You can guess but that's about it. However, if your case takes more than 6 months, you could take several actions (both legal and non-legal) to help speed it up. Even then, dealing with USCIS is very challenging and requires extreme patience. After all said, I wish you a speedy experience, however.

Filed: Other Timeline

i don't know how long FBI does the background check. but on my experience, it took alteast 1 1/2 months to get my interview after the finger print. but from reading previous posts, it depends on your local office and how many people applied

Edited by minions2

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my fingerprints on 02-04-2015. since then I have not heard anything from USCIS. I called last week but was told they are currently working July 2014 cases. Is this normal? Do anyone know how I can talk to tier 2 officer? They will not transfer me

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.