Radu & Mari

Touched?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm sorry if this may be a stupid question but I'm still new to all of this and I read how everyone's (well the majority) petition has been touched, and yet it has been over 60 days since I filed and I see nothing since the first noa. Can some please shed some light to this question which maybe others are wanting to ask but hasn't? How can I check my status and see if I too have been "touched"? I see how many who filed their I129F are getting "approved' and I don't much happening to us who filed the I130.

Is it too late for me to filed an I129F since it's been over 2 months since I received my first noa? I'm trying to be very patience but I'm losing my mind. :help:

Thank you,

Mari

Radu & Mari

Applying for Citizenship

03-23-2012: Mailed N-400 Application to Texas Lockbox

04-02-2012 Recived NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you go to the uscis.gov website, you can check all your cases or petitions that you have filed. Anytime anything has been looked at in your case, the date will change. That means it has been "touched"

Don't feel bad- I asked the same question a while back.

Edited by Stacey33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not a stupid question. It just means that when we look at our case on teh USCIS site, the last update date has changed. It may have just changed desks, or maybe even something more meaningful. But at least we know it is still there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi Mari,

Go to

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp

Register there with USCIS, add to your account your case number from NOA1 and select "e-mail notification".

Every time when somene is working on your case you'll receive a notification. That means "touched". If it is an approval or any other resolution you will know before it will came in the mail and you can prepare for whatever is next on your case.

Good luck!

Vik

I'm sorry if this may be a stupid question but I'm still new to all of this and I read how everyone's (well the majority) petition has been touched, and yet it has been over 60 days since I filed and I see nothing since the first noa. Can some please shed some light to this question which maybe others are wanting to ask but hasn't? How can I check my status and see if I too have been "touched"? I see how many who filed their I129F are getting "approved' and I don't much happening to us who filed the I130.

Is it too late for me to filed an I129F since it's been over 2 months since I received my first noa? I'm trying to be very patience but I'm losing my mind. :help:

Thank you,

Mari

2006-10-16 - Mailed out I-129

2006-10-24 - Received NOA1 from CSC

2007-01-24 - NOA2 - Approved !!! - Yes!

2007-01-30 - NOA2 - arrived in the mail

2007-02-01 - NVC - Receipt Confirmation date

2007-02-05 - NVC - Receipt arrived in the mail. Case number assigned.

2007-02-09 - Receive at US Emassy - Bucharest - Romania

2007-02-12 - Packet 3 received in the mail

2007-02-14 - Packet 3 shipped back to Embassy

2007-02-23 - Medical exam - Done

2007-02-28 - Visa Interview - VISA in hand ...

2007-04-22 - We broke up

2007-06-16 - Decided to give the 2nd chance

2007-07-02 - Arrival in the US - POE - Denver Intl Airport

2007-09-29 - We've got married!

2007-10-15 - AOS-EAD-AP mailed out

2007-10-25 - NOA

2007-11-29 - Biometrics appointment - DONE!

2007-12-20 - AP - received

2007-12-27 - EAD card received

2007-12-28 - Apply for SSN

--- troubles with EAD verification for SSN----

2007-02-14 - SSN Received

2008-03-11 - AOS Interview - Passed - Green card in the mail within a month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.