TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

This might give people a chuckle. We had contacted the ombudsman back in March when we were waiting for the Green Card. In late April we got the Green Card and thought oh maybe the ombudsman had something to do with it. WRONG. Got email today from Ombudsman saying they have reviewed the case and informed us that the Green Card was sent. Thank you so much Ombudsman. Anyway good luck to all still waiting. It will come!

K1 Timeline

07/29/2013 I-129F Sent via FedEx to Lewisville, TX. 07/30/2013 I-129F TSC Received. 08/01/2013 NOA1. 08/07/2013 NOA1 Received by mail.

10/30/2013 NOA2

11/04/2013 NOA2 Received by mail. 11/21/2013 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC 

12/02/2013 NVC Received, LND case number provided, "At NVC" 12/04/2013 Left NVC! "In Transit"

12/11/2013 Medical - Completed! 

01/23/2014 INTERVIEW! APPROVED!

01/31/2014 VISA IN HAND!

03/31/2014 POE New York JFK 04/19/2014 WEDDING!

AOS Timeline

04/30/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

05/10/2014 Received NOA in mail

06/03/2014 Biometrics @ Varick Street ASC - Completed!

07/12/2014 AP/EAD Approved!

07/18/2014 EAD/AP card received in mail!

08/18/2014 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received

04/14/2015 GC approved and in Production!

04/18/2015 Received Welcome Letter!

04/21/2015 GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!

Lifting of Conditions Timeline

01/14/2017 I-751 Package sent via USPS Priority Express to USCIS Vermont Service Center

01/18/2017 NOA date

01/27/2017 Received NOA in the mail 

02/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appt Letter

02/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment 

12/21/2017 Removal of Conditions approved! 

01/02/2018 Received NOA in the mail

01/08/2018 Website updated to "my card was mailed," received text and email to same effect, and Green Card appeared on same day in the mail!

Naturalization Timeline

01/14/2018 Filed online, credit card payment accepted, NOA dated 1/14/18 appeared online 1/17/18. Received NOA in the mail on 1/19/18.

02/09/2018 Biometrics Appointment

10/10/2018 Interview Letter posted online

11/14/2018 Interview

12/07/2018 OATH!

I guess its a lottery who gets an rfe for a medical, or they have lost the original medical. It all sucks whichever way I look at it all. I will be glad when we are all no longer waiting for a card and can move on with our lives. I had it confirmed this weekend that life is far too short to worry about things we just can't control! The USCIS will do what it wants regardless of how we feel, basically they don't give a damn about any us, it's just a job!

It's a lot like the Department of Health of the State of New York. There are like 14 districts and each district can independently interpret state health law as they see fit. It's maddening...It appears FO 's and possibly individual IO can do things as they see fit. So some get harassed with RFE's for medicals at some offices while others don't seem to care about the directive regarding 1 year expiration of a medical. That schizophrenic application by USCIS drives us all crazy (or to drink)...#USCISyoustillsuck

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Doesn't matter whether you trust the source, but there was a segment this evening on Special Report on Fox News that talked about how legal immigration processing is taking a backseat in priority to processing those individuals who entered illegally and are eligible through Presidential Executive Orders and how limited resources are being allocated in that direction. They talked about the 4 million legal applicants in the pipeline and this has increased by 10,000 this year by back log. It highlighted a couple who await K-3 visa for over 15 months while the US citizen husband is forced to stay out of the US with his wife until she gets the visa...

Our plight is being noticed,,,BUT, the political whims are tainting the systems...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

June 2014 filer here. We got our waiver letter in September and got the welcome letter in the mail today. The waiting sucks massively, so I hope the rest of you get your approvals soon. Just wanted to confirm there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow congra pdesai5!

Im june 2014 filer too. NPIW recieved sept 10. Got letter today as well but not the welcome letter, its an interview scheduled! Was hope i dont have to deal with USCIS for next 2 years as everyone know how much frustrate to deal woth them but in other hand it good new, the long wait will be oversoon!

My questions for you guys which got interview hope you guys still active on this forum:

What are they usually ask when interview?

What are best documents to prepare with? We had marriage cert, wedding album, daily photo (not much due to my wife work on night shift, i work on day shift). We bought a car early this year in joint holders, fone bill, car insurance, bank account all in both name. Was file tax together this year but my wife ask for extension so we couldnt get it done on this coming interview. So beside those things, what else should i prepare? Any tips very appreciate!

Wish you guys best of luck to get GC right in the mail box soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

one year today....... :ranting::ranting::clock::clock::clock:

Edited by steve n songsang

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

This might give people a chuckle. We had contacted the ombudsman back in March when we were waiting for the Green Card. In late April we got the Green Card and thought oh maybe the ombudsman had something to do with it. WRONG. Got email today from Ombudsman saying they have reviewed the case and informed us that the Green Card was sent. Thank you so much Ombudsman. Anyway good luck to all still waiting. It will come!

That sucks. I can only imagine that they are inundated with complaints about slow processing right now. There seems to be a fiasco going on with K1's as well as AOS. I bet the ombudsman aren't not happy dealing with all the complaints! :(

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

It's a lot like the Department of Health of the State of New York. There are like 14 districts and each district can independently interpret state health law as they see fit. It's maddening...It appears FO 's and possibly individual IO can do things as they see fit. So some get harassed with RFE's for medicals at some offices while others don't seem to care about the directive regarding 1 year expiration of a medical. That schizophrenic application by USCIS drives us all crazy (or to drink)...#USCISyoustillsuck

Yes they still do!

Doesn't matter whether you trust the source, but there was a segment this evening on Special Report on Fox News that talked about how legal immigration processing is taking a backseat in priority to processing those individuals who entered illegally and are eligible through Presidential Executive Orders and how limited resources are being allocated in that direction. They talked about the 4 million legal applicants in the pipeline and this has increased by 10,000 this year by back log. It highlighted a couple who await K-3 visa for over 15 months while the US citizen husband is forced to stay out of the US with his wife until she gets the visa...

Our plight is being noticed,,,BUT, the political whims are tainting the systems...

I am sure they are still processing DACA, getting them ready for when they get the nod. It's all about politics, but they need to remember we the people are the voters!

I applied in january still waiting to hear anything. Either intrrview or interview waiver? How long should i expect for responce?

Normally about a month after getting an EAD card, but sometimes comes before EAD card and sometimes a couple of months after. There is no set rule I am afraid. Not sure about interviews, I guess that depends on which month they are working on. I haven't looked at your local field processing times but I should imagine they are only working on interviews around August or Sept. Sometimes people get the waiver letter and still are called for interview, there is NO set rule. :(

June 2014 filer here. We got our waiver letter in September and got the welcome letter in the mail today. The waiting sucks massively, so I hope the rest of you get your approvals soon. Just wanted to confirm there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Congratulations! Took them just under a year, I bet they are exhausted!

Go enjoy your card and have a big celebration!! Happy for you!! :)

Wow congra pdesai5!

Im june 2014 filer too. NPIW recieved sept 10. Got letter today as well but not the welcome letter, its an interview scheduled! Was hope i dont have to deal with USCIS for next 2 years as everyone know how much frustrate to deal woth them but in other hand it good new, the long wait will be oversoon!

My questions for you guys which got interview hope you guys still active on this forum:

What are best documents to prepare with? We had marriage cert, wedding album, daily photo (not much due to my wife work on night shift, i work on day shift). We bought a car early this year in joint holders, fone bill, car insurance, bank account all in both name. Was file tax together this year but my wife ask for extension so we couldnt get it done on this coming interview. So beside those things, what else should i prepare? Any tips very appreciate!

That just SUCKS!!! All that waiting and then this, a day off work, petrol expenses etc. I don't know much about interviews, although I have read a bit about them. .I don't think its a long drawn out thing and I also believe you are quite prepared, although they may ask for you to send the proof in of tax returns once you have finished them.

As for tips what NOT to do, do not ask where is my """""""" GC! Lol .

You will be fine, you have enough evidence. Good luck and please share your experience with us all! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I applied in january still waiting to hear anything. Either intrrview or interview waiver? How long should i expect for responce?

I applied in July and received my interview waiver in October.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Wow congra pdesai5!

Good luck to you guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.