chiaki26

Delta ticket concern

5 posts in this topic

I have a concern about my Delta ticket. I am flying to Detroit on April 19. My fiancé asked me to sign up for the delta sky miles program so I did. On the website, they asked for first name, middle name, and last name. I have two give names (ex Maria Isabella). Like most Filipinos, i also carry my moms maiden last name as my middle name (middle initial). I did not include my middle name on the website though and just included given names and last name.

To make a long story short, I read afterwards that delta tickets should match my passport information. My passport has my given name, middle name, and last name. Delta ticket doesn't have my middle name :(

Will i encounter any issues before boarding? My fiancé will call Delta but just want to know if any one had a similar issue before.

Our K1 Timeline:
9/4/2014 - Package sent to USCIS in Texas
9/12/2014 - Received NOA 1
10/19/2014 - Received NOA 2
10/31/2014 - Received Manila Case number
11/5/2014 - CEAC status updated to Ready
11/14/2014 - Paid Visa fee via BPI
12/3/2014 - Received Packet 3 from US Embassy Manila
1/13-14, 2015 - Finished 2 day medical exam at SLEC
2/9/2015 - US Embassy Interview done and approved
2/12/2015 - CEAC status updated to Issued
2/18/2015 - Picked up passport with Visa from 2Go
3/16/2015 - CFO
4/19/15 - POE
6/16/15 - Got married! ❤️

AOS:

12/22/15 - Sent AOS package via local post office

01/05/16 - Received I-797C for EAD, Travel Permit, and AOS via mail

01/29/16 - Biometrics

3/14/16 - AOS approved (no interview)

3/18/16 - Received Green card in the mail

4/03/16 - Baby T is here! ❤️

ROC:

1/25/18 - Sent ROC package via local post office

1/29/18 - Received I-797

5/05/18 - Received No Biometrics notice

8/11/18 - Received 18 mo extension letter

2/28/19 - ROC approved

3/08/19 - Received Green card in the mail

N-400

8/2/2020 - Submitted form and paid online

12/14/2020 - Biometric Reuse notice

1/4/2021 - Interview Notice

2/23/2021 - Interview Schedule

3/22/2021 - Oath Taking Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Use whatever name you have in your passport when you make flight reservations. Perhaps you can call delta and add your middle name to the boarding ticket.

Anyways I'm sure your Philippines passport has also some sort of ID number on it, right? My argentine passport has an id number on the id page so when you make flight reservations you use that too.

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't worry about the middle name. My middle name is in my passport, yet it is NEVER on my airline tickets or boarding passes. It has NEVER been an issue.

However, I've been told that the boarding pass must match exactly the SkyMiles account information in order for miles to accrue. I do not use my middle name for my Skymiles account.

You should not have a problem at all. I have always used first and last name in tickets for my asawa and NEVER have had any problems at all.

I have a concern about my Delta ticket. I am flying to Detroit on April 19. My fiancé asked me to sign up for the delta sky miles program so I did. On the website, they asked for first name, middle name, and last name. I have two give names (ex Maria Isabella). Like most Filipinos, i also carry my moms maiden last name as my middle name (middle initial). I did not include my middle name on the website though and just included given names and last name.

To make a long story short, I read afterwards that delta tickets should match my passport information. My passport has my given name, middle name, and last name. Delta ticket doesn't have my middle name :(

Will i encounter any issues before boarding? My fiancé will call Delta but just want to know if any one had a similar issue before.

Here is a Q&A on the TSA's website. Keep in mind that this is for US airlines and your mileage may vary for other common carriers; foreign or domestic. I recommend that you contact the airlines prior to the travel date to determine their policy.

Q: So, would the use on the ticket of a shortened form of the first name (eg, Jim, Tom, Ed) with no middle name be a problem for the next few months?

A: TSA has built some flexibility into the processes regarding passenger name accuracy. Because Secure Flight data requirement timelines are related to booking dates, not travel dates, if you have booked a flight that uses a shorter name such as Jim, Tom or Ed, for the near future, you should not notice any changes. Other common minor differences between the passenger’s ID and the passenger’s reservation information, such as the use of a middle initial instead of a full middle name or no middle name/initial at all, also should not cause a problem for the passenger. Over time, passengers should strive to obtain consistency between the name on their ID and the travel information they use for booking flights.

Q: Your blog says that in the near future your name on a boarding pass will have to match the name on your ID such as passports etc. As of now many airlines don't have a provision to enter a middle name when purchasing tickets online. So, how far away is the "near future" and what kind of coordination will be in place to make sure the airlines are on board with this?” I hope that there will not be any problems for the people who do not have their middle names on the tickets.

A: Secure Flight will be phased-in and each airline will be incorporating the necessary changes into their systems over the coming months. Passengers shouldn't be concerned if particular airlines don't ask them to provide the additional information right away; it should not impact their travel. Each airline will request this information as their capability to capture it is integrated into their individual systems.

Q: I purchased tickets last week for a trip from ORD to CUN, due to credit card issues (fraud alert went up on my card when trying to purchase the tickets) my session timed out, while on the phone w/ my credit card company I put all information back in but ended up putting one of the names in last/first. I have called the airline and they assure me it won't be an issue but of course I'm less worried about the airline and more worried about whether TSA will allow it to go through. Can you please give me any insight on what we can expect and if there is anything we can do about it now? I asked about paying to reissue the ticket correctly but the airline says it's not necessary. Thank you.

A: If you entered your name incorrectly when making the reservation, you should follow the airline’s guidance regarding correcting the mistake.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/08/secure-flight-q-ii.html

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.